Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [RELEASE] M9 Bayonet & Machete  (Read 1160 times)

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
[RELEASE] M9 Bayonet & Machete
« on: March 13, 2016, 11:22:38 AM »
Has been some time since I uploaded a weapon. This time I decided to upload something else...melee weapons!

This small pack includes two melee weapons that I made about a year ago for a private mini-mod.

The M9 Bayonet:
     Fast, moderate damaging slashes.
 + Full movement speed
 -  Less range than the machete
 -  Less damage than the machete

Credits:
  - Valve - Model/Textures/Sound
  - Ilopn - Anims
  - Me - Hacking the model onto the anims

The Machete:
     Slower, high damaging slashes.
 + Higher range than the M9
 + High damage per slash
 - Slight movement speed penalty while equipped
 - Somewhat slower slashing

Credits:
http://css.gamebanana.com/skins/109633
Me - Recompiled for the old Source Engine

Demo:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/CUT0e-fVnjU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/CUT0e-fVnjU</a>

Click me to download

How to install:

Open the respective scripts folder and copy/paste the contents of the "ADD THIS TO GAME_SOUNDS_MANIFEST.txt" into...well, you guessed it, game_sounds_manifest.txt

By default, they replace weapon_custom29 and 30, you can easily rename them. You might have to dink around with the HUD positions in case you have other weapons occupying that slot.

Just put the rest inside your main SMOD folder.

NOTES: - When you miss the slash, you'll have to wait until the animation finished playing to slash again. I don't know how to fix that.

PLEASE REPORT ANY BUGS     
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 11:50:27 AM by Counter-Life™ »

Offline TiberiumSoul

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • TiberiumSoul has no influence.
Re: [RELEASE] M9 Bayonet & Machete
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 06:37:59 PM »
not bad on the knife but the machete looks like you're just love tapping them imho

take a look at the machete that's in Firearms Source... it looks, feels, and sounds like you're hitting your opponent as hard as you can

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 08:05:44 PM »
not bad on the knife but the machete looks like you're just love tapping them imho

take a look at the machete that's in Firearms Source... it looks, feels, and sounds like you're hitting your opponent as hard as you can
Yeah, the animations are 5 years old. I guess they wanted to make them fit for the CS knife.

Offline TiberiumSoul

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • TiberiumSoul has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 02:57:40 AM »
true but like i said it my opinion only make no mistake i like them a lot, because SMOD has a woefully short supply of good melee weapons.

also I added you on steam if you dont mind my doing so...