Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: (RELEASE) Little weapon pack: Winchester 1887 and OTs-33 "Pernach"  (Read 2476 times)

Offline Zoldat

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • Zoldat has no influence.
EDIT: I removed the S&W M500 by request of its author, krycek.
So, one guy named TiberiumSoul made a request for me to convert a pack of guns for SMOD. I thought " Why not?" and made them for SMOD. And now I am sharing these guns with you  ;)

There are:
-Baddass Winchester 1887
-Badass soviet automatic pistol OTs-33 "Pernach"

Frankly speaking, there should one more gun(this http://css.gamebanana.com/skins/129292), but, unfortunately, it had so screwed animation after compiling, and I am not a good modeller, so I had to give it up  :( Sorry, TiberiumSoul  :'(

UPDATE: I noticed that all my dropbox link aren't working, thus leading to impossibility of downloading any files I published on BSNOOCH. So I uploaded my releases on Mediafire: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/g6tda9tw7cpi4/Smod_guns

Links:
Winchester 1887: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5fnhp9m93uwd4me/winchester.rar
Not working link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zumynu4702z4syp/winchester.rar?dl=0

OTs-33 "Pernach": http://www.mediafire.com/file/nsaulw2o6sgc7un/ots33.rar
Not working link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rzvq2gejobxw6hk/ots33.rar?dl=0

Features:
-Working world models;
-Working ironsights(except for Winchester - IMO it doesn't need to have one);
-Have distant gunfires sound for NPCs;
-Have the weapon icon.

Credits:

Winchester 1887(http://css.gamebanana.com/skins/35637)
Model: Hamburghannes
Annimations: Hamburghannes
Texture: cee
Sound: -Eric-
-------
Firing sound: -Eric- (the original sound is here: http://css.gamebanana.com/sounds/1628 )

OTs-33 "Pernach"(http://css.gamebanana.com/skins/142633)
RedRogueXIII - Modeler
Millenia - Texturer
4Echo - Animator, render, tips, shader improvements
Strelok - Sounds
Magmacow - Sounds
New World Interactive - Sounds
Noodum - Compile, shaders
----
World model was made by me ;)

« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 02:04:10 PM by Zoldat »

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
congratulations, you broke the shaders

EDIT: krycek wants you to remove the sw500 from the download. sorry.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 05:47:55 PM by Comrade »

Offline Zoldat

congratulations, you broke the shaders

Well, this means I am not into textures  :D Sorry for that.

Well, damn  :-[   If he wants it... Ok, I'll remove it. He doesn't like such thing, yes?

EDIT: I removed the link to the revolver.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 06:34:26 PM by Zoldat »

Offline Counter-Life™

• +16% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
Looking good, but yeah the shaders of the M500 look broken (Due to EP1 Engine if I had to guess.)

Offline Zoldat

Looking good, but yeah the shaders of the M500 look broken (Due to EP1 Engine if I had to guess.)

Well, anyway it's no more a problem, because I had to remove the link to the revolver... :-[

But yes, the shaders was a problem with Pernach: firstly it looked very shiny and like poured by oil. I had to remove all bumpmap and phong texture so it could look normal.

Offline FreeKill

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • FreeKill barely matters.FreeKill barely matters.
    • Youtube Channel
Re: (RELEASE) Little weapon pack: Winchester 1887 and OTs-33 "Pernach"
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 07:11:48 PM »
Hey Zoldat, I'd still add something for the ironsights, maybe something similar to my Sebru?

Offline Zoldat

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 07:21:07 PM »
Hey Zoldat, I'd still add something for the ironsights, maybe something similar to my Sebru?

You mean a little zoom? Well, I don't know. I think it's not important thing. I mean, some little zoom isn't a very useful thing for shotgun, which is being used on small distances.

Offline Comrade

• Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...

Well, anyway it's no more a problem, because I had to remove the link to the revolver... :-[

But yes, the shaders was a problem with Pernach: firstly it looked very shiny and like poured by oil. I had to remove all bumpmap and phong texture so it could look normal.

YOU-Y-YOU FUCKING WHAT?

REMOVING NORMALS ON A DYNAMIC SKIN, I'LL-

ok put it back on in there, both of them

go into the shader vmt and find the line $phongboost it should be set to a pretty large number, try setting it to something like... idk, 0.3

same would apply to the sw500, in case you haven't noticed it's sort of coated in oil as well

the reason why it's happening is because these skins use newer source engine shader parameters. $phongalbedotint in particular. it takes colors from the diffuse map and tints the phong highlight accordingly. the issue is that it literally takes the color of the diffuse, so diffuses are usually dark. as a result, the phong reflection gets insanely dark as well, so to circumvent this you need to apply an outrageously high phongboost value. it looks good in css, but in older versions... you can see the results.

so it's pretty simple. to fix this you need to reduce the phongboost value. that is all.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 07:53:37 PM by Comrade »

Offline Pangia

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Pangia has no influence.

Well, damn  :-[   If he wants it... Ok, I'll remove it. He doesn't like such thing, yes?

Yah… He's one of those I-don't-give-a-fuck-modders that think they're Godlike only because they create something hardly anybody like.

Offline Zoldat

YOU-Y-YOU FUCKING WHAT?

REMOVING NORMALS ON A DYNAMIC SKIN, I'LL-

ok put it back on in there, both of them

go into the shader vmt and find the line $phongboost it should be set to a pretty large number, try setting it to something like... idk, 0.3

same would apply to the sw500, in case you haven't noticed it's sort of coated in oil as well

the reason why it's happening is because these skins use newer source engine shader parameters. $phongalbedotint in particular. it takes colors from the diffuse map and tints the phong highlight accordingly. the issue is that it literally takes the color of the diffuse, so diffuses are usually dark. as a result, the phong reflection gets insanely dark as well, so to circumvent this you need to apply an outrageously high phongboost value. it looks good in css, but in older versions... you can see the results.

so it's pretty simple. to fix this you need to reduce the phongboost value. that is all.

Ok, I reduced "phongboost" value in Pernach's vmf to 0.3(before it was 50). The pistol doesn't shine anymore, but there is another problem:

What should I do to remove this ugly texture thing?  :(

Offline Comrade

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2016, 08:31:44 PM »
one of the maps is missing. check the material folder and vmt to see if the phongexponent/normal map exists in the folder

@Pangia, it's more of a "I don't want my work to be shown in an inferior state" thing. i'm friends with krycek personally and you have no idea how much effort that guy put into the model. don't expect for him to like when people put his stuff into another game/mod/whatever without making it look as good as possible.

he doesn't think he's GOD, he specifically told me to ask to remove the thing from the download because he doesn't want it to be shown in such a condition.

oh, and you think hardly anyone likes the sw500? you've got to be joking, did you know that skin won 1st place in gamebanana contest?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 08:33:24 PM by Comrade »

Offline Counter-Life™

• +16% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2016, 08:47:20 PM »
Also check what .vtf version the normal map is. (Even thugh I doubt that it's the problem.)

Offline Comrade

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2016, 09:10:09 PM »
Also check what .vtf version the normal map is. (Even thugh I doubt that it's the problem.)

it definitely could be a problem, i've ran into it before. if that's the case, console should spam you with some message that's got the normal map path in it, something "can't read file" or some bollocks

Offline Zoldat

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2016, 10:24:02 AM »

it definitely could be a problem, i've ran into it before. if that's the case, console should spam you with some message that's got the normal map path in it, something "can't read file" or some bollocks

I looked for console and noticed two errors. The first is
Code: [Select]
Error! Variable "1" is multiply defined in material "models/weapons/v_models/oc-33/oc33"!and there are a lot of them;
and the second one:
Error reading in file "materials/models/weapons/v_models/oc-33/pernach_n.vtf"
Btw, there are both bumpmap and phong textures in the materials' folder.

For what I should look in the normal map? I don't have much knowledge about it  :-[

Maybe it should help - it is "oc33.vmf":
//noodum/4cuck

VertexLitGeneric
{
$basetexture "models/weapons/v_models/oc-33/pernach_d"
$bumpmap "models/weapons/v_models/oc-33/pernach_n"
$phongexponenttexture "models/weapons/v_models/oc-33/pernach_e"

$phong                      "1"
$phongboost                  "0.3"
$phongfresnelranges          "[1 4 6]"
$phongalbedotint" "1"
$phongalbedoboost" "12"
$normalmapalphaphongmask    "1"

$envmap                    env_cubemap
$envmaptint                  "[ .05 .05 .085 ]"
$basetexturealphaenvmapmask    "1"

$rimlight "1"
$rimmask "1"
$rimlightexponent "150"
$rimlightboost "0.7"
}

« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 10:57:18 AM by Zoldat »

Offline Pangia

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Pangia has no influence.
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2016, 01:05:47 PM »
@Pangia, it's more of a "I don't want my work to be shown in an inferior state" thing. i'm friends with krycek personally and you have no idea how much effort that guy put into the model. don't expect for him to like when people put his stuff into another game/mod/whatever without making it look as good as possible.

(...)

oh, and you think hardly anyone likes the sw500? you've got to be joking, did you know that skin won 1st place in gamebanana contest?
I had in my mind his L4D2 works where pretty much every weapon created by him has very similar to each other animations (with absurd waving on running anim as a trademark) and most author's comments are just negative. That's why I pretty much lost interest in what he's doing.
Hell, who doesn't like classic 6-shot revolvers?