Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [CUSTOM] GM-94  (Read 1035 times)

Offline Zoldat

• +4% chance to make useful post
  • Zoldat has no influence.
[CUSTOM] GM-94
« on: January 04, 2017, 03:05:23 PM »
GM-94(or ГМ-94)
Russian pump-action grenade launcher.

This is my first animated weapon model for Half-Life 2. Originally I wanted to port EX41 grenade launcher from Garry's mod addon "M9K Specialties" into Smod, but then I found a pack of exported weapon models from Far Cry 4 here https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1514635. After noticing that there was awesome GM-94 as well, I decided to do this babe by myself. My first idea was to just replace EX41 model with GM-94 wih original anims, but in the end it was easier and more efficent to do custom anims. Anyway, now I have this awesome stuff which I am sharing with you  ;D
Animations aren't great, I admit it. But I tried to do my best: I spent two weeks on them. Hope they're not so bad  :)
Weapon uses CustomAmmo5 by defaul. It does so because SMG1's grenade' capacity isn't big enough. Also it uses its own custom_explosive script. Here is it:

Code: [Select]
"GM94Grenade" {
// Explosion spec
"Damage" "80"
"Radius" "250"
// Entity behavior
"Model" "models/items/gm94_grenade.mdl"
"Bounce" "0" // -1:never detonate
"GLFuse" "100"
"BoundingSound" ""
"Timer" "10"
"ExplosionType" "1" // 0:none 1:fireball 2:pulse
"TrailType" "1" // 0:none 1:smoke 2:fire 3:beam
}

Features:
-Working world models;
-Working ironsights;
-Has distant gunfires sound for NPCs;
-Has the weapon icon.
-Has own grenade projectile model and custom_explosive script as well.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/g58mlpdo1a29e76/gm94.rar

Credits:
Original authours:
Model and textures: Ubisoft
Extracting from game: delta100 (https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1514635)
Sounds:
Shooting, pumping and grenade inserting sounds: AnOldRetiredElephant (http://gamebanana.com/sounds/34690 )
Deploying and cloth movement sounds: Navaro (http://gamebanana.com/sounds/26345)
-------
Animations, editing and compiling into Smod/Half-Life 2 by me.

Offline FreeKill

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.
    • Youtube Channel
Re: [CUSTOM] GM-94
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 03:45:04 PM »
Aside from some clipping and the animations looking a bit robotic, this is pretty good. It's nice to see a stand alone grenade launcher.

Offline Zoldat

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 03:59:36 PM »
Aside from some clipping and the animations looking a bit robotic, this is pretty good. It's nice to see a stand alone grenade launcher.

Thanks  ;D Well, it's my first animation attempt, so no suprise they aren't great  ::)

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 03:04:15 PM »
Not bad for your first animation set.

Offline Monkatraz

• Monkatraz has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 05:13:07 PM »
When you're animating, the best way to get things to look good is to assume a complicated animation will take you the whole day to get anywhere. Setting your standards really high is the only way to really start getting close to the beautiful animations people make.

So, some actual advice.

When you're doing a "reaction" to something, you don't want to do just rotational reaction, but movement as well. You may need to exaggerate it to show up for the camera, but it will make things more natural. Another thing is that when we "recover" from something, we tend to do so in like an arc. You'll notice this if you get like a broomstick and just play out your animations on it, you'll see how we "recover" from stuff. We aren't perfect.

With hand movement, try to involve less rotational stuff and more actual movement, as we're more comfortable with the strength of our arm than the strength of our wrist, if you get what I mean.

And finally, the best way to learn is to see other people's animations. Like go look at M249 reloads, or actual M249 reloads from real people, that helps too.

But, don't take this advice as your animations being shit. For a first full set, they aren't garbage at all.  Just keep at it!
MLG

Offline Zoldat

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 11:56:37 AM »
When you're animating, the best way to get things to look good is to assume a complicated animation will take you the whole day to get anywhere. Setting your standards really high is the only way to really start getting close to the beautiful animations people make.

So, some actual advice.

When you're doing a "reaction" to something, you don't want to do just rotational reaction, but movement as well. You may need to exaggerate it to show up for the camera, but it will make things more natural. Another thing is that when we "recover" from something, we tend to do so in like an arc. You'll notice this if you get like a broomstick and just play out your animations on it, you'll see how we "recover" from stuff. We aren't perfect.

With hand movement, try to involve less rotational stuff and more actual movement, as we're more comfortable with the strength of our arm than the strength of our wrist, if you get what I mean.

And finally, the best way to learn is to see other people's animations. Like go look at M249 reloads, or actual M249 reloads from real people, that helps too.

But, don't take this advice as your animations being shit. For a first full set, they aren't garbage at all.  Just keep at it!

Thanks for rating and giving advices  :) I'll try to follow your advices next time I animate another gun  ;)