Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Bullsquid Version 1.2  (Read 3979 times)

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
  • +67% chance to make useful post
  • Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!
Bullsquid Version 1.2
« on: May 11, 2013, 06:22:43 PM »
The old upload was flagged for some stupid reason, so this has been reuploaded. This version has all the animations fully working and compiled into one .mdl file instead of the old hacky method. I also toned down the damage done by the tailwhip.

The Half-Life 1 Bullsquid NPC monster was intended to be in Half-Life 2 but was cut from the final release. Valve left code in for it in their SDK, and although the code is outdated and buggy (which cannot be addressed by editing the SMOD source code as SMOD has not released it), it was possible to (mostly) reactivate and fix it through clever editing to the model's code instead.

THIS IS INTENDED TO ONLY BE USED FOR:
-SMOD 40a
IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED TO USE THIS MODEL FOR ANYTHING OTHER THEN THE INTENDED MOD(S).

Features:
-Reactivated HL1 Bullsquid Monster for SMOD. Comes as it's own NPC. It does not replace any others! Spawn code: "npc_bullsquid".
-Unique Sounds and Fully Working Attacks.
-Normal Maps.

SPECIAL NOTES:
-Since the Bullsquid was never intended to be used in SMOD, The SMOD Author did not give it SMOD's special blood/gibbing/gore features and effects. It still has all the behavior and features of Half-Life 2's typical ragdolls though.
-While SMOD/HL2 sets default health/damage amounts for the Bullsquid, it was never fully implemented it in the final version and it may not be balanced. Therefore i highly recommend you tweak the following "sk_" commands to your liking:
Code: [Select]
sk_bullsquid_health
sk_bullsquid_dmg_bite
sk_bullsquid_dmg_whip //Technically, Not actually used. But here as reference.
sk_dmg_spit_grenade
sk_spit_grenade_radius
Note that "sk_bullsquid_dmg_whip" is not actually used due to source code bugs. Instead the attack now calls for the "bite" damage several times to mimic the effect.

Credits:
Model/Skin/Animations/Sounds: Valve
Edits/Original HL2 Compile: Obsidian Conflict Mod Team
SMOD Compile: Onemanshow

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
IMPORTANT INSTALL NOTE: THE BULLSQUID USES A UNIQUE SCRIPT FILE TO USE IT'S SOUNDS. THIS FILE IS NOT LOADED BY DEFAULT AND REQUIRES YOU TO EDIT THE "game_sounds_manifest.txt" FILE IN YOUR SCRIPTS FOLDER. SEE THE SECTION ON INSTALLING CUSTOM WEAPONS FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON EDITING THE MANIFEST SCRIPT.

DOWNLOAD HERE
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 11:06:31 PM by Onemanshow »

Offline Troggy Hordesman

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • Troggy Hordesman has no influence.
Re: Bullsquid Version 1.2
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 06:35:05 AM »
I noticed that it uses the same texture directory as the HL:S one, so if anyone is interested in mimicking the appearance of the beta one I found a texture for this:
http://hls.gamebanana.com/skins/38041
I have tested it and it works!

Great job as always, I really don't need to say that you are true to your namesake, Onemanshow.
My behind is behind me, always watching.