Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

* RELEASE FORUM RULES

This section is for SMOD RELEASES ONLY.
You may create a new topic in the appropriate area to release your content. If you post anything off-topic here you will be temp-banned. This is so you don't hassle the moderators too much, they are volunteers.

If you need help with a release, post a reply in its thread. Do not start a new topic for help here!

Author Topic: [RELEASE] SteamPipe fix for SMOD40a  (Read 9564 times)

Offline Pepsifan04

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
[RELEASE] SteamPipe fix for SMOD40a
« on: July 26, 2013, 01:20:29 AM »
Hello
I would like to say that, this fix does not requires from user to extract any files from .VPK archives.
You just copy-paste the provided files and you're done.

However, I'd like to explain how to modify the fix, and how does it works, so here we go:

First in line is gameinfo.txt [
Code: [Select]
"GameInfo"
{
//game information goes here//

FileSystem
{
SteamAppId 215 // We're still mounting the old trusted SDK 2006 engine
ToolsAppId 211 // Same for the tools\materials\editor, etc.

SearchPaths
{
Game |gameinfo_path|.                                                 //Path to our SMOD
Game hl2                                                   // mouting hl2 as usual, this will load all files from .vpk's
Game "|gameinfo_path|..\..\common\Half-Life 2\hl2"     //This specific line tells engine where to look for the rest of the files,
                                                                                                                //mainly maps, however pre-HDR maps still need to be inside SMOD installation folder
                                                                                                                //This line needs to be BELOW "hl2" otherwise engine will not load files correctly and  crash during map load

Game "|gameinfo_path|..\..\common\Half-Life 2 Deathmatch\hl2mp"
                                      //This loads maps for HL2:DM, only maps, since textures/models, etc. are loaded from different file
                                      //Putting here hl2dm causes your SMOD to be multiplayer ?IDK why

Game "|gameinfo_path|..\..\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike"
                                     //This loads maps for CS:S, only, maps since textures/models, etc. are loaded from different file
                                     //Putting here cstrike causes various bugs and crashes
}
}
}

Now addcontents.txt from scripts folder.

Code: [Select]
"Additional contents list"
{
"Contents" {
// "LostCoast" {
// "path" "lostcoast"
// "id" "340"
// }
// "hl2" {              //Half-Life 2 needs to be "unchecked" since we're loading it from gameinfo
// "path" "hl2"
// "id" "220"
// }
"HL2MP" {          //Mounting HL2:DM content without causing SMOD to become "multiplayer"
"path" "hl2mp"
"id" "320"
}
// "HL1:S" {
// "path" "hl1"
// "id" "280"
// }
"CS:S" {            //Mounting CS:S content without causing crashes and bugs
"path" "cstrike"
"id" "240"
}
// "DOD:S" {
// "path" "dod"
// "id" "300"
// }
//        "Episode 1"{
//        "path" "episodic"
//          "id"   "380"
// }
}
}

That's all that I know, but by telling "how it works", I can assume that other games may be loadable using this metod

Here's the download for FIX with installed HL2; HL2:DM and CS:S for SMOD 40a (you can always edit it to fit your needs)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/16n0543266lp291/SteamPipe_Fix_by_Pepsifan04.zip

Have Fun~
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
Re: [RELEASE] SteamPipe fix for SMOD40a
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 09:07:07 AM »
Really helpful, now I understand the fix. I have one question tough, so in the gameinfo.txt you can use:  Game   "|gameinfo_path|..\..\common\Half-Life 2 Deathmatch\hl2mp"

but not: Game   hl2dm

right?

Offline sirmasters

• +5% chance to make useful post
  • sirmasters barely matters.sirmasters barely matters.
    • My Twitter (My Forums are inactive at the moment)
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 02:30:16 PM »
Really helpful, now I understand the fix. I have one question tough, so in the gameinfo.txt you can use:  Game   "|gameinfo_path|..\..\common\Half-Life 2 Deathmatch\hl2mp"

but not: Game   hl2dm

right?

If you put just "hl2dm"/"hl2mp", it would be searching the old fashioned way and would be unable to find the steampipe version files, what Pepsi's fix does is go back two foldiers relative to SMOD's folder and then go into "common\Half-Life 2 Deathmatch\hl2mp" which holds the SteamPipe files. Same thing can be applied to mount other mods by using "..\<mod name>\", IE: "..\Hidden-Source\" to mount hidden source files.
._. I love coffee.

Offline TheMann25

• +4% chance to make useful post
  • TheMann25 has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 11:01:01 PM »
YES! Now for me to change my fancy pooter from a 3D printer back to a gaming pooter.
This is a catchy signature.