Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [IDEA] A list of weapons  (Read 2832 times)

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
[IDEA] A list of weapons
« on: October 25, 2013, 07:54:38 PM »
Here's just a list of weapons that I think would work out best for this mod. Some of the defaults are just overused, boring and/or low quality.

1) Colt 1911: you could replace it with this: http://css.gamebanana.com/skins/118725
Now I know that it's a different weapon, but just LOOK AT IT, doesn't it look sexy?
I would change some of the sounds if I could. In particular, the slide pull and release.

2) Deagle: http://css.gamebanana.com/skins/127445 this baby
All of the sounds would require changing, because the ones included in the release just feel too light for such a handcannon.

3) MP5: http://hl2.gamebanana.com/skins/107587
The reason I chose this is probably that it so much reminds me of the MPX-8 in Crysis (and man did I love that gun) This will require you to remove the idle anim, I've tried to ironsight this with the idle animations and it's impossible. Just too much movement. It would also be nice that you changed the sounds, they're a bit too weak.
Also it would be very nice if you had the skill to replace the skeletonized stock with a retractable one, similar to the ones found in the MPX-8. (just look for other MP7 releases on that website and you should find a reference image)
Pretty offtopic: I've released a kickass default SMG1 retexture on that HL2 subsite, check that out ;) (shameless self advertisement)

4) Bizon: none so far. I've been thinking about a cheap SMG, something like a MAC-10 or an Uzi. Can't provide a specific link, that's a shame.

5) SCAR-L: you could replace it with a XM8, because it reminds me of the SCAR from Crysis the most.
Actually screw all that noise, here's what you should use: http://css.gamebanana.com/skins/118161
It's an M4A4, I know, I've strayed from the default path again, but think about it: doesn't it look sexy? :D
Also, this comes precompiled with all sorts of different attachments. Should make it easier for you.

6) FY-71: it's all pretty good, to be honest. No need to change.
Just recompile the model to get rid of those ugly smoothing errors.

7) SPAS-12: http://css.gamebanana.com/skins/117187
It would require some origin editing, I kind of don't like that hand on the grip visible. Also, you will need to hack on an accessory rail.
But, if you don't want to stray away from the path, then... just leave it as it is. To be honest, the shotgun already included in crylife is pretty good anyway.

8) DSG-1 (SV98): now I have realized that you have changed how the weapon works COMPLETELY.
The DSG-1 was supposed to be a semi-auto precision rifle of some sort, and the SV-98 is a (i don't know how to say, it's just the way that you insert the round into the chamber)
So, let's bring this back. To where it was supposed to be anyway. A semi-automatic rifle.
http://css.gamebanana.com/skins/107137 It's a MK11, again, I strayed from that path of defaultness, but you knew it was going to happen.
But please, give us the ability to be able to mount lots of accesories, or let us use ironsights. That would be cool.

9) wait a sec there is no ninth weapon... is there
I'd actually like to help you with this mod... if only I knew how to code. Oh boy.

I'd like to whip up some custom sounds for each of these weapons, if you decide to use them.

Offline Monkatraz

• +4% chance to make useful post
  • Monkatraz has no influence.
Re: [IDEA] A list of weapons
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 12:40:58 AM »
If you want to learn how to "code" you need to see some of the cfgs he did.
Very complicated how it all works together. However if you want to some simple stuff look at some SMOD CVARS and do some small alias commands to do simple stuff.
MLG

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 is on the verge of being accepted.Pepsifan04 is on the verge of being accepted.Pepsifan04 is on the verge of being accepted.Pepsifan04 is on the verge of being accepted.Pepsifan04 is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 12:12:39 PM »
1\2\3\4\5\6\7. I'm in the process of editing every single viewmodel, so yeah, I may replace some of the guns models, but don't expect all of them.
 there are two extra weapons which are experimental (gauss gun and a Gun that shoots crossbow bolts)
and one gun at d1_trainstation_04  ::)

8n'ahalf. With attachments I'm limited by number of SMOD custom_weapons (30), each gun that have 2 attachments (eg. SCAR-L) takes up 4 custom_weapons.
Gun with 3 attachments would take 12 custom_weapon "slots" and so on: 4=16; 5=25; 6=36=(above SMOD limit)

So until we prove that weapon_custom script gets converted in to a cvars, there's no way of me putting in more options of modifying guns, sorry :/

why don't you download official version from moddb and mess around with the .cfgs
You can always post your changed versions here, or send them via PM to me.

And if you have no experience with "coding" start with the basics and when you'll get the idea overall try editing Crylife ones :D
(to honest sometimes I have do read the whole file to figure out what to do :P, I've also tried to name aliases properly, so you can get a glimpse of what they are doing :) )
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 12:53:12 PM by Pepsifan04 »
Officially Unofficial BSNOOCH Discord:
https://discord.gg/prpGADkcgc

Offline Comrade

• Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 05:57:03 PM »
1\2\3\4\5\6\7. I'm in the process of editing every single viewmodel, so yeah, I may replace some of the guns models, but don't expect all of them.
 there are two extra weapons which are experimental (gauss gun and a Gun that shoots crossbow bolts)
and one gun at d1_trainstation_04  ::)

8n'ahalf. With attachments I'm limited by number of SMOD custom_weapons (30), each gun that have 2 attachments (eg. SCAR-L) takes up 4 custom_weapons.
Gun with 3 attachments would take 12 custom_weapon "slots" and so on: 4=16; 5=25; 6=36=(above SMOD limit)

So until we prove that weapon_custom script gets converted in to a cvars, there's no way of me putting in more options of modifying guns, sorry :/

why don't you download official version from moddb and mess around with the .cfgs
You can always post your changed versions here, or send them via PM to me.

And if you have no experience with "coding" start with the basics and when you'll get the idea overall try editing Crylife ones :D
(to honest sometimes I have do read the whole file to figure out what to do :P, I've also tried to name aliases properly, so you can get a glimpse of what they are doing :) )

Okay.
There was a thread around here somewhere... basically it was about bodygroups and how they can be implemented to support weapon attachments. Can't you try to do something like that?

Oh, and also while compiling, make sure that the models DON'T HAVE FREAKING SMOOTHING ERRORS.

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 is on the verge of being accepted.Pepsifan04 is on the verge of being accepted.Pepsifan04 is on the verge of being accepted.Pepsifan04 is on the verge of being accepted.Pepsifan04 is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 07:40:41 PM »
 I can't use bodugroups in crylife, it's smod based, so sorry :/

Actually, I can! wooooo.....
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 10:51:12 AM by Pepsifan04 »
Officially Unofficial BSNOOCH Discord:
https://discord.gg/prpGADkcgc

Offline Monkatraz

• +4% chance to make useful post
  • Monkatraz has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 03:07:55 AM »

Okay.
There was a thread around here somewhere... basically it was about bodygroups and how they can be implemented to support weapon attachments. Can't you try to do something like that?

Oh, and also while compiling, make sure that the models DON'T HAVE FREAKING SMOOTHING ERRORS.
Basically SMOD's source code is nonexistant. We can't recompile the mod to add new "real" features. We have to use console commands, that we use to make weird work arounds and such.
That thread ( that I made btw ) was a suggestion to the maker of SMMOD (not SMOD), to make that a feature
MLG

Offline Comrade

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 10:35:48 AM »

Okay.

Basically SMOD's source code is nonexistant. We can't recompile the mod to add new "real" features. We have to use console commands, that we use to make weird work arounds and such.
That thread ( that I made btw ) was a suggestion to the maker of SMMOD (not SMOD), to make that a feature

Oh crap. I'm basically a noob at scripting and it took me some time to realize that one needs to decompile SMOD in order to change it. Shit.
Attachment support in SMMOD would be beyond awesome.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal