Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

* CLIENTS SECTION RULES

This section is for CLIENTS (Full SMOD Releases) ONLY.
You may create a new topic in this area to release your SMOD Mod. If you post anything off-topic here you will be temp-banned. This is so you don't hassle the moderators too much, they are volunteers.

If you need help with a mod, post a reply in its thread. Do not start a new topic for help here!

Please use good taste when releasing your mod. Adding 30 custom weapons from the release archive into SMOD Redux and then releasing as your own mod will be frowned upon.  :(

Author Topic: SMOD Redux - FINAL  (Read 42197 times)

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
  • +67% chance to make useful post
  • Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!
SMOD Redux - FINAL
« on: December 24, 2014, 06:19:24 PM »
1.3 Update:

Fixed weapon console names not working, fixes a major crash issue for non-widescreen resolutions, and makes some adjustments to the battle maps and a few balance changes. Check the changelog within for more information. Only available as a full archive. See below for download links.

Also, a version of the mod converted to work as a typical HL2 Steam mod has been made. See below for details.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A very special holiday present to the BSNOOCH community.

I stated in the past I had no intention of making a new version of Redux, but with SMOD Standalone being increasingly refined, among other reasons, I felt motivated to deliver a final official version of this mod 5 years to the day of its last major release.

Redux Final was rebuilt from scratch using SMOD Standalone to bring you the most solid version of Redux ever that expands upon the original SMOD's content and gameplay. This version loads and overrides SMOD40a's content to cut down on filesize and allows some mods built for SMOD40 to be used without issue in Redux. Many custom models were replaced with ones edited from Valve's own games and HL2 Survivor to make this version a bit more than just a GameBanana compilation mod.

This is going to be my final SMOD release. I'll of course stick around BSNOOCH, I might do other Source engine releases here and may still help out on projects like Goldenarms. I already kinda pulled a Fakefactory the first time I came back, so if I'm going to stop making SMOD releases now, I want it to be on a good note.

The official site won't be updated as I no long have the means, and I left the steam group a long time ago due to personal reasons (if whoever ended up with its control reads this, sorry for leaving like I did. hope you understand!). So this is a BSNOOCH.com exclusive release and I would prefer if this did not get reposted elsewhere.

If you're interested in older Redux versions, you can find downloads of versions 8, 7, 6, and 5 HERE. Note that they need fixing to work with SMOD Standalone. Check the SMOD Standalone topic's first page for more info.

REQUIREMENTS:

You should have installed:
Half-Life 2
Source SDK 2006 Base
SMOD Standalone 0.65 or higher (ONLY FOR STANDALONE VERSION)

Features:

-16 custom weapons, all carefully picked for fun factor, balance, and looks. From old Redux standbys like the OICW, Garand Rifle, and Spike Grenade to new weapons like the Golden Colts, Shredder, and the Firework Grenade.

-SMOD Menu System 3: A easy to use in-game menu for SMOD's settings. No messing with clumsy presets. Mix and match settings to how you want your SMOD. The mod's configs have been crafted in a way that leaves autoexec.cfg completely to you for your custom settings.

-Battle Maps: A revamped survival mode with 10 maps converted from Half-Life 2: Survivor. Survive for 7 minutes against a endless wave of increasingly difficult enemies. Earn money and get special rewards by killing enemies.     

-The Bullsquid, Zombine, and Zombie2 return, along with the new Combine Commando: A faster soldier with a unique melee attack.

-Gordon Freeman model replaced with a enhanced version of HL2 Survivor's Gordon Freeman, as well as the usual unique models added for the Combine Ace and Zombie2.

-Revamped HL2 maps based on the Ultimate Campaign addon with a number of fixes and tweaks for better pacing, as well as new content.

-Graphics Improvements: Tweaked bullet time effects, world models that are more consistent with the view meshes, which have a number of fixes themselves. HEV Suit is now consistent across the player, kick mesh, and prop. New menu backgrounds.

-Sound Changes: Expanded Combine VO, New Bullet Time sounds, music, various sound fixes.

-Ease of use/quality of life changes: Default key bindings for SMOD's new features, HUD hints for SMOD features added into the HL2 campaign.

-Retro 2006 style: No phong shaders, no episodic models.

FULL CHANGELOG:
Code: [Select]
NOTE: All changes are from SMOD40a, and are not compared against past Redux versions.

BASE
-Runs on SMOD Standalone.
-Added SMOD Menu System 3

GAMEPLAY/SCRIPTS/NPCs
-Added Zombie2, Zombine, Combine Commando NPC's.
-Added Bullsquid NPC to battle maps.
-Added the following weapons:
Combine Ion Rifle
Desert Eagle
Firework Grenade
Golden Colts
M1 Garand
M60 Machine Gun
Minigun
Molotov
MP40
OICW
Power Drink
Power Gloves
Shredder
Spike Grenade
Super Shotgun
Zapper
-Reduced amount of gibs that headcrabs leave.
-Increased maximum shotgun ammo from 30 to 40.
-Increased maximum RPGs/SMG grenades from 3 to 5.
-Increased maximum .357 rounds from 12 to 24.
-Increased maximum AR2 rounds from 60 to 90.
-Increased maximum crossbow bolts from 10 to 20.
-Increased maximum SMG rounds from 225 to 250.
-Lowered AK-47 damage from 20 to 12.
-Lowered Kar98 damage from 100 to 80.
-Lowered SVD damage slightly.
-Lowered Grease Gun damage from 10 to 8.
-Lowered Laser Gun damage.
-Gauss Gun now comes fully stocked with ammo, but cannot refill. Increased maximum Gauss Gun damage.
-Increased default BT bullet speed of NPC's.
-Reduced player's speed in BT for game balance and to reduce bugs caused by it.
-Removed damage multiplier in BT.
-Reenabled quickinfo bars.
-Hopwire Grenades use grenade ammo now.
-Reduced scissor damage and maximum ricochet times.

MAPS
-Added "Battle" maps: revamped survival mode with 10 maps converted from Half-Life 2: Survivor.
-Added and improved upon the HL2 campaign mapadds from the "Ultimate Campaign" addon.

GRAPHICS/MODELS
-Added Gordon Freeman player model.
-Added Combine Ace model.
-Added Combine Commando model.
-Added Zombie2 model.
-Replaced the Houndeye model with the HLHD model.
-Prop HEV and Kick meshes replaced by the model used by the Gordon player. Added SMOD2 kick animations.
-Added unique models for the Gauss Gun and Laser Rifle.
-BT pellet model uses a proper texture now. Rescaled pellet model to be more visible.
-Lowered maximum motion blur intensity.
-Lowered ironsight blur intensity.
-Removed some empty space between weapon slots when selecting new weapons.
-Rescaled HL2 shell models.
-Fixed various bugs, issues, and oversights with the HL2 and SMOD view models.
-Improved a number of world models to bring them more in line with the view meshes in coloring, features, etc.
-Adjusted a number of ironsight positions for more realistic sight pictures.
-Corrected ammo icons on a number of weapons to match with the ammo type they use.
-Edited bullet wave distortion and bullet time screen distortion effects.
-Rescaled the visor splatters to be smaller.
-Added improved face textures for several HL2 main characters.
-Made SMOD's dynamic crosshairs bigger.
-Added full-size goo particle texture.
-Replaced SMOD40's menu backgrounds with 4 custom ones.

SOUNDS
-Added 80 new voice lines each to the Metrocops and Combine Soldiers (edited from stock HL2 lines+restored some unused ones). Added 15 lines for Overwatch Dispatch.
-Added missing lasersight off and NVG sounds.
-Added new music.
-Heartbeat sound in BT replaced with a higher quality loop.
-Added new BT enter/exit sounds.
-Added some missing BT impact sound references.
-Alyx Gun now uses its unique fire sounds when used by Alyx.
-Adjusted NPC fire sounds for the Shotgun and Pistol.
-Adjusted Shotgun pump sound to match the animation speed.
-Added more sounds to friendly kleiner NPC.

OTHER
-Added several new key binds for leaning, night vision, etc.
-Added default key binds for most of SMOD's new features.
-Changed in-game credits to add Redux credits.
-Set bullet time bullet limit to 100 to prevent crashes due to too many entities.
-Removed bullet time physics force multplier due to possible bugs/crashes.
-Increased bullet time impact checktime to reduce load while in BT.
-Added "giveall" command.

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
1: Place the SMOD Standalone installer you downloaded into your SourceMods folder for Steam. For most people, the path will be C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods\ or C:\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods\ If you already have SMOD Standalone installed and working, you can skip this.

NOTE: Make sure you have Half-Life 2 and Source SDK 2006 Base installed onto the same drive as your sourcemods folder! Otherwise the Standalone install will not complete correctly and Standalone nor Redux will not work properly!

2: Once SMOD Standalone is properly installed, extract the SMODRedux_Final folder (NOT the contents of said folder) to SourceMods\Smod Standalone\mods\.

3: If SMOD Redux is installed properly, the SMOD Standalone launcher menu should list SMODRedux_Final or SMOD REDUX - Final. Click it to launch SMOD Redux.

DOWNLOADS
DOWNLOAD SMOD REDUX - FINAL 1.3

DOWNLOAD SMOD REDUX - FINAL 1.2 (OUTDATED)

DOWNLOAD SMOD REDUX - FINAL 1.1 (OUTDATED)

DOWNLOAD SMOD REDUX - FINAL 1.0 (OUTDATED)

SMOD REDUX FINAL - 1.3 STEAMMOD

This version of SMOD Redux - FINAL has been converted to work as a typical HL2 Steam mod. It is intended for people who cannot get SMOD Standalone to run or do not wish to use SMOD Standalone. You do not need a prior install of SMOD for this version.

The only difference between this and the Standalone version is that all LUA-based code has been removed from the maps. This is because updates with Valve's SteamPipe system for Half-Life 2 and other games have effectively broken SMOD's LUA code for unknown reasons. Due to this, the Steam version does not include the Battle maps ported from Half-Life 2: Survivor, as there was no satisfying way of mimicking the AI spawning and general behavior in regular mapadd code. Some minor bits of LUA from the HL2 campaign were also removed due to this issue, but these by and large did not affect gameplay. You'll still miss a few changes and the special date events though.

Also, this is NOT compatible with SMOD Standalone and you will have issues if you use this version of the mod alongside it. Download the SMOD Standalone version of Redux for that instead.

DOWNLOAD SMOD REDUX - FINAL 1.3 STEAMMOD
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 10:52:28 PM by Onemanshow »

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • +0% chance to make useful post
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
Re: SMOD Redux - FINAL
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 09:24:26 PM »
awesome bud. how long since the first redux release in your estimation?

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
  • Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 09:33:32 PM »
awesome bud. how long since the first redux release in your estimation?

The first release was in 2006, back when it had the more ungainly title SMOD Remastered: Redux. SMOD Remastered being a very old and long, long dead mod that I helped out with and was among the first SMOD-mods released.

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 10:57:01 PM »
HOLY

SHIT

This looks freakin' epic!

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 11:12:36 PM »
you
MAGNIFICENT
cunt

Bloody awesome stuff mate, I can see some issues with the hands being kinda misplaced but well, you can't go far with a rerig on shitty hands :p

Offline Lemonificent

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • Lemonificent has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2014, 11:17:18 PM »
Looks great, nice work m80.
Now that i have a new PC i might just get back on SMOD.

Offline hazard777

• Jaws of Infinity
  • +1% chance to make useful post
  • hazard777 has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 06:46:30 PM »
Thanks for this and everything else you've given us.

Offline skawng

• skawng has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2015, 12:58:20 PM »
Is it normal to crash if I equip a gravity gun that I burnt?  :P

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2015, 06:14:52 PM »
Is it normal to crash if I equip a gravity gun that I burnt?  :P

Picking up and equipping burning weapons does tend to cause a crash, thankfully its not a common action to do.

SMOD is a pretty buggy platform in general and lots of its crashing doesn't seem to have a solid reason. And with the author abandoning it years ago there's not much I can do about that.

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2015, 12:44:23 AM »

Offline Mariobro

• Mariobro has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2015, 07:11:59 AM »
Awesome! I never expected this.

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2015, 08:00:22 AM »
KAPOW (again)

also nice to see you again marioman
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 03:17:38 AM by BIZ »

Offline CryoDragon

• CryoDragon has no influence.
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2015, 11:30:15 PM »
How do I remove the new recoil? the sudden jumping makes me feel sick.
Also this is the greatest thing ever

Offline GFCat

• GFCat has no influence.
    • GFCat's Youtube channel
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2015, 11:58:00 PM »
So, when you say some mods built for SMOD 40, do you mean that I could make a permanent switch from 40a to Redux - FINAL, moving all or at least some of my custom weapons I had installed over. I'd like a version to switch to, but only if it'll totally work, otherwise, I'll use the 40aq standalone while playing this on the side. I plan to do a let's play of SMOD soon, so I'd like to know what to expect. Lastly, there are these annoying blue bars where the Hud_quickinfo usually is, and I'd like to remove them so I can use free-aim without the bars hamperin' my style, man...
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 12:00:38 AM by GFCat »

Offline Psycholoic

• Psycholoic has no influence.
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2015, 05:05:15 PM »
Oh dear, did you make the part in Dark Energy with the elevator of sneak? Honestly, adding a dodge part with little spaces makes the game as frustrating as possible, I can't open the console, I don't know coding so I'm pretty much f*cked at this state. Living in Germany is shit when trying to play games, atleast an open console button would be nice, then I can finally finish this!