Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SMOD: CryLife [1.5.8]  (Read 4868 times)

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
SMOD: CryLife [1.5.8]
« on: July 26, 2013, 02:02:42 AM »
This is updated version of SMOD: Crylife. Dated on 24.07.2013

You need to delete the old version before installing it.
Saves made on maps: d1_canals_06, d1_canals_07, d1_canals_08, cs_office, cs_militia are not compatible.

To submit bugs please post in separate thread using this form, or contact us via e-mail ( dev.muffinstudio@gmail.com )

Does require: HL2
Optional content: HL2:DM, CS:S
Also, you don't need to fix it for steampipe.
Does not require LAA fix (but can be applied to improve game performance)

I'm hoping you all gonna like it, and help me make it better. Have fun!
CRYLIFE 1.5.8 HAS BEEN TAKEN DOWN DUE TO BEING OUTDATED, BUGGY AND GOD KNOWS WHAT ELSE
IF YOU REALLY WANT TO PLAY CRYLIFE, CONSIDER DOWNLOADING ONE OF THE RC RELEASES OR WAIT FOR CRYLIFE 2 CBT

« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 06:45:03 PM by Pepsifan04 »
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • +0% chance to make useful post
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
Re: SMOD: CryLife
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 04:16:21 AM »
will there be continued support for your mod or is it final version?

if you will continue to support it would you like a board in our community projects section?

Offline IronCore

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • IronCore has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 04:24:29 AM »
This looks cool! Downloading and hope I won't have  problems just like those guys at moddb are having.
I'm so in-love to SMOD...PERIOD!

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 09:09:17 AM »
Downloading...I guess I will make a small video about some gameplay stuffz.

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 10:34:07 AM »
Okay, so I played about 40 minutes of your mod now(mostly missions). Sadly I could not record anything cuz dumb Fraps dropped my FPS from 150+ down to 25 -.-

Anyways, heres what I think of your mod:

Gameplay:
+Very good overall.
+It took me some time to get how the weapon selection works, but it was ok after Ive got used to it.
+I was playing on normal, and some scenes where very hard. I guess its ok when you get used to the mod, but its better if you start the mod with easy I guess.
+The selection of attachements and suit-powers are well done, I like the overlays.
+The weapons act different and feel unique from each other.
-Some maps like Crook Country have a big lack of ammunition(Or I was just to stupid to find it).
-The weapon scopes are very hard to use. They have a red-ish tone, wich sometimes makes it hrd to see enemies, also the size is very small

Optics:
+Cool models overall, even some have smoothing errors I think(Pistol?)
+I like how the weapons go to site when you sprint(even tough the RPG aims into the false direction, but I guess cuz its different mirrored than the other weapons)
+The HUD overlay(s) are very good.
+The game menu is also very good, it includes all the options for the keybinds etc.
+I like the way the playersview goes a bit to the site when you walk to the right/left
-Some maps like Gasworks have weird cubemaps, but I guess its not your fault

Bugs/Improvements:
-Sometimes the suit-power menu dosent let me select my power(cant switch to max. speed for example)
-Sometimes when I get shot for example, the view "stucks" a bit in the lean pose. it goes away after some time.
-Place more ammo at some maps
-The "skinny" Zombie model (the rotten one) sometimes has a bugged walking animation

So yeah, overall the mod is great. It feels very different from other SMOD Mini-Mods. I will definitely leave it on my HDD and play it further.

Offline Pepsifan04

• Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 10:57:57 PM »
will there be continued support for your mod or is it final version?

if you will continue to support it would you like a board in our community projects section?

There's definitely a lot to do yet, so yes, I'd like a separate board if it's possible.

Counter-Life™ thanks for quick feedback, I'll try to fix what's possible ASAP, I'm glad you like it ^^
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • +0% chance to make useful post
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2013, 12:17:13 AM »
check your pm's

Offline Pepsifan04

Re: SMOD: CryLife [1.5.8] Download
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 02:50:06 PM »
Updated first post to include patch download button and changed required games.
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline hazard777

• Jaws of Infinity
  • +1% chance to make useful post
  • hazard777 has no influence.
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 09:10:55 AM »
Beautifully made mod. I mostly agree with counterlife although I haven't played the multiplayer maps so can't comment on them.
One thing though, that I didn't wanna start a whole thread for, if you have regen health set as standard, why not add this to the override_class.txt?

Code: [Select]
"item_healthcharger" {
"item_suitcharger" "100"
}

Just thought it might be useful.

Anyway, thanks for the release, much appreciated.

Offline Pepsifan04

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2013, 05:57:02 PM »
I'll definitely add that :D along with replacing model for health charger!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 07:25:47 AM by Pepsifan04 »
DROP DATABASE bsnooch