Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [IDEA] Infinite Ammo Cvar  (Read 1975 times)

Offline Mobius1

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Mobius1 has no influence.
[IDEA] Infinite Ammo Cvar
« on: November 03, 2013, 05:46:32 AM »
The current weapon_infinityammo is bottomless clip/mag, which screws up the RPG animations.
An option that the player has infinite ammo, but will reload once the clip is depleted will fix the RPG-less RPG.

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
Re: [IDEA] Infinite Ammo Cvar
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 09:35:10 AM »
Sounds like it could be done by console commands, I don't know how to do it though. Basically, when enabled, the player must receive a magazine's worth of ammo when reloading, or after the reload. Doing so will essentially work as infinite ammo as you have described.

Offline Comrade

• Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 09:39:45 AM »
I think I have an idea how it could be done... It's a very edgy system, but you have to bind R to reload + exec the cfg you need. So, when reloading, the infinite ammo cfg executes, and I think it should contain lots of waits, because each weapon's reload time is different. So, after that waiting sequence, the cfg should give the player all ammo types. I know, this is stupid, it will drop lots of junk onto the ground, so unless someone suggests how to clean up that unnecessary junk, go ahead.

And the reason why I'm going all CFGs is because there is probably no way Pepsifan can code in a cvar...

Offline Mobius1

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 07:01:03 PM »
What about adding to the existing cvar?
For example weapon_infinityammo = 1 is bottomless clip
then weapon_infinityammo = 2 could be balanced infinite ammo.
Couldn't auto-executing givecurrentammo work for what you suggested.

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 07:10:17 PM »
What about adding to the existing cvar?
For example weapon_infinityammo = 1 is bottomless clip
then weapon_infinityammo = 2 could be balanced infinite ammo.
Couldn't auto-executing givecurrentammo work for what you suggested.
Sadly, there is no way to edit SMODs Source code, so we can't add new, hard coded, commands.

Offline Mobius1

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 07:30:16 PM »
Oh well.

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 11:36:01 AM »
I think I have an idea how it could be done... It's a very edgy system, but you have to bind R to reload + exec the cfg you need. So, when reloading, the infinite ammo cfg executes, and I think it should contain lots of waits, because each weapon's reload time is different. So, after that waiting sequence, the cfg should give the player all ammo types. I know, this is stupid, it will drop lots of junk onto the ground, so unless someone suggests how to clean up that unnecessary junk, go ahead.

And the reason why I'm going all CFGs is because there is probably no way Pepsifan can code in a cvar...

It's possible in crylife to determine what weapon is being currently used, and therefore you'd be able to give only specified ammo (givecurrentammo works as well)
and because I can "chceck" what weapon is used, I can set correct waiting time for script, but not in waits buy via mapadd ent "timer" (it won't freeze the player but it will stop button spamming if done correcly)

so yeah I can add that ^^

EDIT:
what?
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Comrade

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 06:37:17 PM »
EDIT:
what?

Requires source code modifications, and you said a million times already you can't do that.