Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?
collapse

Author Topic: SMMOD Development Status  (Read 8823 times)

Offline sirmasters

• +5% chance to make useful post
  • sirmasters barely matters.sirmasters barely matters.
    • My Twitter (My Forums are inactive at the moment)
SMMOD Development Status
« on: June 23, 2013, 06:46:39 PM »
Development Status: Back on indefinite hold
TODO:
  • Find Backup/Remake Code (.-. My code is messed up again when I last checked it, I blame github)
  • Re-implement Custom Weapon
  • Make Custom NPCS
  • Re-implement Mapadd
  • Make Custom Explosives
  • Add Proper leaning
  • Figure out how to make RO style aim mode
  • Add documentation for everyone (-1%)
  • Bullet Time (Canceled due to possible complications)
  • Make .vpk add on system similar to L4D/Alien Swarm's (Did it! Kind of...)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 12:29:45 AM by sirmasters »
._. I love coffee.

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Todo list for SMMOD development!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 09:38:15 AM »
Sounds really good. And please, we need more than 30 weapon slots :P

Offline Sagara95

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Sagara95 has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 10:57:34 AM »
I agree with Counter-Life  ;)
When you want to shoot just don't talk or you'll die

Offline IronCore

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • IronCore has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 01:24:18 PM »
100 custom weapons would be enough hehe.
I'm so in-love to SMOD...PERIOD!

Offline Counter-Life™

• Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 07:53:05 PM »

Maybe adding a custom weapon system like in Obsidian Conflict, theres a folder called CustomWeapons inside the scripts folder, there you can create and use as many weapons as you want.

Offline IronCore

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • IronCore has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 06:15:29 AM »

Maybe adding a custom weapon system like in Obsidian Conflict, theres a folder called CustomWeapons inside the scripts folder, there you can create and use as many weapons as you want.

yeah much better since you can even name the custom weapon script to something like m4a1_ris.txt for example.
I'm so in-love to SMOD...PERIOD!

Offline sirmasters

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 07:41:16 PM »

I'm looking for the code that reads the file path for the weapon_*.txt so I can do so. Currently, it uses the default source engine implementation (If that's the right word) for weapon scripts.
._. I love coffee.

Offline sirmasters

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 08:32:32 PM »
... I ended finding the lines I've been looking for mapadd to work. Woo. Now to work on that instead (I might need lots of help to implement lua into the system, otherwise, plain .txt mapadd will be worked on).
._. I love coffee.

Offline Counter-Life™

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 09:27:23 PM »
... I ended finding the lines I've been looking for mapadd to work. Woo. Now to work on that instead (I might need lots of help to implement lua into the system, otherwise, plain .txt mapadd will be worked on).

Good to hear that! :D

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
  • +67% chance to make useful post
  • Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 11:25:10 PM »
You might not want to stay on the 2007 engine anymore, as Valve just released a new SteamPipe compatible SDK version. The new SDK should allow the mounting of VPK's from other SteamPipe games among other goodies like Linux/Mac and Oculus Rift support.

Offline sirmasters

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2013, 11:34:21 PM »
You might not want to stay on the 2007 engine anymore, as Valve just released a new SteamPipe compatible SDK version. The new SDK should allow the mounting of VPK's from other SteamPipe games among other goodies like Linux/Mac and Oculus Rift support.
OH. MY. GOD. YES.

Ahem, thank you for informing me Onemanshow. I will start transferring the code over once I download the SDKs.
._. I love coffee.

Offline MaxTheUniqueGamer

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • MaxTheUniqueGamer has no influence.
Re: SMMOD Development Status
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2014, 09:27:31 PM »
Hello!

So is it possible to port the code to the newest source branch with all the goodies like cascaded shadow maps and proper multithreading? 2007 is pretty old, CS:GO version would be much better.

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
  • +67% chance to make useful post
  • Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2014, 01:47:24 AM »
Hello!

So is it possible to port the code to the newest source branch with all the goodies like cascaded shadow maps and proper multithreading? 2007 is pretty old, CS:GO version would be much better.

Valve doesn't publicly offer the source code of any engine version beyond Alien Swarm. Even if it was possible, it would make any backward-compatibility with HL2, CSS, etc difficult at best.

Offline sirmasters

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2014, 02:28:54 AM »
Hello!

Valve doesn't publicly offer the source code of any engine version beyond Alien Swarm. Even if it was possible, it would make any backward-compatibility with HL2, CSS, etc difficult at best.
Which is sadly true, though I do plan to use Alien Swarm engine once someone makes a Half Life 2 port in assets and code. But until then... Source SDK 2013 is all what I can use for now.
._. I love coffee.

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2014, 11:42:24 AM »
Hello!

Which is sadly true, though I do plan to use Alien Swarm engine once someone makes a Half Life 2 port in assets and code. But until then... Source SDK 2013 is all what I can use for now.

Check out the Half-Life 2 Enhancement Mod over at Facepunch. They basically made HL2 work on the Alien Swarm engine.

* SMMOD Twitter