Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Compiling now an issue.  (Read 1691 times)

Offline Fidchell

• +4% chance to make useful post
  • Fidchell has no influence.
Compiling now an issue.
« on: July 14, 2013, 06:20:57 PM »
Has anyone tried recompiling something recently? With the steampipe move, it appears I cannot set a target path of an older Source game since...well, everything has moved over already. Is there a special program or something anyone uses? I am currently using GUIStudioMDL.

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Compiling now an issue.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 08:43:47 PM »
Has anyone tried recompiling something recently? With the steampipe move, it appears I cannot set a target path of an older Source game since...well, everything has moved over already. Is there a special program or something anyone uses? I am currently using GUIStudioMDL.

Works fine for me, and Im using Cannonfodders MDLDecompiler/Compiler.

Offline Fidchell

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 11:44:12 PM »

What's the target path you have set for the program?

Offline Counter-Life™

• Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 08:13:31 AM »

What's the target path you have set for the program?

sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin

Offline Fidchell

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 06:50:54 AM »
I always seem to have problems with that damn program. One time it just crashes and another time it gives me errors out the ass. I have it in the bin/ep1/bin folder and it's unable to find gameinfo.txt, when it's already inside the same folder.

Offline Counter-Life™

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 07:55:47 AM »
I always seem to have problems with that damn program. One time it just crashes and another time it gives me errors out the ass. I have it in the bin/ep1/bin folder and it's unable to find gameinfo.txt, when it's already inside the same folder.

Yep, its a pain, you mainly have to set up the pats on your own, so you cant browse the path, it will make it crash.