Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Beta Grenade Problems  (Read 1371 times)

Offline The Carrousel

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • The Carrousel has no influence.
Beta Grenade Problems
« on: August 31, 2013, 11:19:12 AM »
I've been having problems with the beta grenade.

1. The Explosion looks good, but it does not work for NPC'S. Whenever a combine soldier trows a grenade it explodes with the default sound and default explosion effect (sometimes there is no effect at all).

2. It does not affect the environment at all. It does not push props away, it does not knock down turrets. This gets really frustrating, because I sometimes find myself not having any other explosives, with which to take care of the turrets

I would be very grateful if someone was to tell me how to fix this.

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • +0% chance to make useful post
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
Re: Beta Grenade Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 05:24:28 PM »
1.) you need to adjust some CVARS
combine_grenadeclass
combine_grenadeexplotype
combine_grenademodel

2.) Yes beta grenade will NOT knock down turrets. Only way to do that is to change the explosion type from pulse back to explosion (look in the custom explosion script)...But if you change that, then it wouldn't be the beta grenade :P

I mean, it was cut from the mod after all. It looked cool, but wasn't functional.

Offline veteran_gamer

• +5% chance to make useful post
  • veteran_gamer barely matters.veteran_gamer barely matters.
Re: Beta Grenade Problems
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 11:35:23 PM »
Hahah I remember this.  The one with the mini supernova of energy

Would have been nice to include 2 grenade types, and have the beta as a secondary grenade type that you could find lying around in a cache or two but that npcs would never carry themselves.

Wasn't there a way to alter the custom explosive damage type?  The beta could have done the same damagetype as a rollermine lets say or the ar2 secondary fire, that or instagib