Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

* CLIENTS SECTION RULES

This section is for CLIENTS (Full SMOD Releases) ONLY.
You may create a new topic in this area to release your SMOD Mod. If you post anything off-topic here you will be temp-banned. This is so you don't hassle the moderators too much, they are volunteers.

If you need help with a mod, post a reply in its thread. Do not start a new topic for help here!

Please use good taste when releasing your mod. Adding 30 custom weapons from the release archive into SMOD Redux and then releasing as your own mod will be frowned upon.  :(

Author Topic: SMOD: Realism Beta Release Topic  (Read 39010 times)

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
Re: SMOD: Realism Beta Release Topic
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2013, 04:42:10 PM »
Who knows, he probaly lost track while driving an APC, got stuck had to leave and walked down the highway. Or maybe I just didn't care about that, who knows.

You probably didn't.

I worked alot on this, also late at night, I probaly copied the code from another mapadd, pasted in the new coordinates and left the npc_metropolice. And as the name suggests, the mod is still "Beta", so its unfinished and unrefined.

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2013, 05:06:11 PM »

I worked alot on this, also late at night, I probaly copied the code from another mapadd, pasted in the new coordinates and left the npc_metropolice. And as the name suggests, the mod is still "Beta", so its unfinished and unrefined.

Can I work on some fixes, improvements and shizz?

Offline Counter-Life™

• Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2013, 06:05:34 PM »

Can I work on some fixes, improvements and shizz?

feel free to do whatever you like.

Offline Monkatraz

• +4% chance to make useful post
  • Monkatraz has no influence.
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2013, 07:12:39 AM »
So I did the LAA fix and it still constantly replaces my hl2.exe, but it doesn't matter because it's still very unstable. I don't know why it's crashing so often.

I got some ideas to fix it though, but it's pretty manual and prob won't work.

EDIT: Steam replaces it I think because even if it's read only I'm in a non administrative part of my disk, Steam on my second drive.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 07:20:44 AM by Monkatraz »
MLG

Offline Comrade

• Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2013, 11:01:39 AM »

feel free to do whatever you like.

Thanks.
I'll start working on this when I finish my icons...

Offline The Carrousel

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • The Carrousel has no influence.
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2013, 12:00:16 PM »
Hey, would you mind uploading part 3 to filesmelt please. I can't download it and whenver I try to get all three parts at once, my browser stops the download because it takes too long...

Offline Counter-Life™

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2013, 12:16:02 PM »
So I did the LAA fix and it still constantly replaces my hl2.exe, but it doesn't matter because it's still very unstable. I don't know why it's crashing so often.

EDIT: Steam replaces it I think because even if it's read only I'm in a non administrative part of my disk, Steam on my second drive.

Also made the whole folder read only?

Offline Comrade

« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2013, 12:19:05 PM »
Can anyone suggest a good torrent site where I can upload SMOD Realism? This is way too bad. We need it uploaded now.

Offline Pepsifan04

• Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2013, 02:34:30 PM »

it might be bugged or you're simply running out of memory :/
In the second case put this in skill.cfg
Code: [Select]
mem_compact;wait;wait;wait;mem_compact
It might help
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Comrade

« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2013, 03:12:02 PM »
it might be bugged or you're simply running out of memory :/
In the second case put this in skill.cfg
Code: [Select]
mem_compact;wait;wait;wait;mem_compact
It might help

What does this do?

Also, maybe it's unstable because the .exe is replaced WHEN you launch SMOD: Realism? Would explain all those crashes.
Also, does it crash in between map loads or in the middle of the game?

Offline Pepsifan04

• Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2013, 04:36:34 PM »
It frees the most possible amount of memory from the renderer/engine.
I did it twice to maximize the effect, and skill.cfg gets executed on every map load.
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline FreeKill

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • FreeKill barely matters.FreeKill barely matters.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2013, 09:58:36 PM »
Hate to ask, but can we make a torrent for the mod? It would be the easiest way to handle such a big download.

Offline Monkatraz

• +4% chance to make useful post
  • Monkatraz has no influence.
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2013, 10:02:21 PM »
I found out my entire steam was read only, lol. I made it not read only and made the base read only. I'll put that command in skill.cfg as well.
MLG

Offline Counter-Life™

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2013, 10:05:39 PM »
Will upload to filesmelt, had an error last time, and uploading really takes ages. If someone has the mod fully, I would appreciate it if someone with enough knowledge could make a torrent out of it.

Offline Counter-Life™

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2013, 10:45:28 PM »
Torrent: http://filesmelt.com/dl/smodRL.torrent

Thanks to Monkatraz!