Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

* CLIENTS SECTION RULES

This section is for CLIENTS (Full SMOD Releases) ONLY.
You may create a new topic in this area to release your SMOD Mod. If you post anything off-topic here you will be temp-banned. This is so you don't hassle the moderators too much, they are volunteers.

If you need help with a mod, post a reply in its thread. Do not start a new topic for help here!

Please use good taste when releasing your mod. Adding 30 custom weapons from the release archive into SMOD Redux and then releasing as your own mod will be frowned upon.  :(

Author Topic: SMOD: Realism Beta Release Topic  (Read 38478 times)

Offline FreeKill

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • FreeKill barely matters.FreeKill barely matters.
    • Youtube Channel
Re: SMOD: Realism Beta Release Topic
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2013, 04:54:53 AM »
Seeding.

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2013, 07:40:42 AM »
Gonna seed this... CL, add the torrent link to the OP, if you haven't already.

EDIT: Nope, I've noticed that the torrent Monkatraz made isn't compressed.
I'm currently making a compressed torrent (it's a little less than 2gb in size)

EDIT 2: forget about it. I'm not going to seed this. Monkatraz, why not compress the whole mod and THEN upload it to the interwebz?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 08:04:25 AM by Antivirus_404 »

Offline The Carrousel

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • The Carrousel has no influence.
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2013, 08:55:18 AM »
Yeah, I have a problem. Appearently I can't load any map from the "New Game" menu. I try doing that from the console, but there are only a limited amount of maps available there for some reason. Please help me fix this.

Offline Comrade

• Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2013, 09:25:37 AM »
Yeah, I have a problem. Appearently I can't load any map from the "New Game" menu. I try doing that from the console, but there are only a limited amount of maps available there for some reason. Please help me fix this.

hmph.
I had that problem, but I solved it by copying every single map from the HL2 files into the smod/maps folder.
Just copy the .bsp files and leave the .lmp files alone, they make the game crash.

Offline The Carrousel

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • The Carrousel has no influence.
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2013, 06:53:28 PM »

hmph.
I had that problem, but I solved it by copying every single map from the HL2 files into the smod/maps folder.
Just copy the .bsp files and leave the .lmp files alone, they make the game crash.

Thanks, that fixed it, but now I can barely play it.

The mod crashes randomly between the levels (in that part with the loading sign), during them and someone when the game itself starts. I did what pepsifan said, but it did not work. It's incredibly frustrating.

Loading a map from the "New Game" menu doesn't do s***. The best it does is make it crash between the levels only.

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2013, 07:04:33 PM »

hmph.

Thanks, that fixed it, but now I can barely play it.

The mod crashes randomly between the levels (in that part with the loading sign), during them and someone when the game itself starts. I did what pepsifan said, but it did not work. It's incredibly frustrating.

Loading a map from the "New Game" menu doesn't do s***. The best it does is make it crash between the levels only.

read the notes please, you need the hl2.exe to be LAA.

Offline Comrade

« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2013, 08:29:30 PM »
read the notes please, you need the hl2.exe to be LAA.

Yep.
Read the tutorial that CL has posted here somewhere, it's a pretty easy process.

Offline Monkatraz

• +4% chance to make useful post
  • Monkatraz has no influence.
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2013, 11:26:52 PM »
It was 3 AM when I did that, lol. I'll reupload using compressed but I'll have to reseed and everything.
Also I was gone for the entire weekend and I seeded it as much as I could so, sorry.
MLG

Offline Comrade

« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2013, 11:52:06 AM »
OK... so I'm going to work on fixing and improving this mod.
Apparently looking at the mod files I found out that this mod is a MESS. Lots of unneccesary files, everything's disorganised. CounterLife, I have no idea how you could work on this and know what's what.

Basically I'm going to organize the weapon sound scripts, remove unneccesary materials and sounds. That should clear up some more space.

Also I'm going to make use of the icons I made, aside some tweaks here and there. It should turn out to be good.

EDIT: CounterLife, I've noticed where you fucked up. All of the weapons have NPC firing sounds, it's just that their second channel is completely empty. So when a NPC shoots at you from enough far away, you don't hear shit, but when you come closer, you can hear it. I'm not sure if this is what you were going for, but it's really really confusing and I'm going to fix it.

Also what I'd like to complain about is some of the weapons... well maybe not their models, but their textures, especially the MP5 and Desert Eagle (it has an ugly model too). I've recognized that the Desert Eagle has animations from Kopter and I also remember the model which Kopter released his animations on. It looked much better than the one you included. Could you add THAT to the mod, instead of the piece of shit looking deagle made by IW?

EDIT ONCE AGAIN:
It would be nice if someone could decompile all of the models used in this mod and send me in the sound events. Would help me SO MUCH to un-fuck the mess that Counter-Life has made here.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 12:20:25 PM by Antivirus_404 »

Offline Counter-Life™

• Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2013, 12:15:51 PM »
OK... so I'm going to work on fixing and improving this mod.
Apparently looking at the mod files I found out that this mod is a MESS. Lots of unneccesary files, everything's disorganised. CounterLife, I have no idea how you could work on this and know what's what.

Basically I'm going to organize the weapon sound scripts, remove unneccesary materials and sounds. That should clear up some more space.

Also I'm going to make use of the icons I made, aside some tweaks here and there. It should turn out to be good.

EDIT: CounterLife, I've noticed where you fucked up. All of the weapons have NPC firing sounds, it's just that their second channel is completely empty. So when a NPC shoots at you from enough far away, you don't hear shit, but when you come closer, you can hear it. I'm not sure if this is what you were going for, but it's really really confusing and I'm going to fix it.

Also what I'd like to complain about is some of the weapons... well maybe not their models, but their textures, especially the MP5 and Desert Eagle (it has an ugly model too). I've recognized that the Desert Eagle has animations from Kopter and I also remember the model which Kopter released his animations on. It looked much better than the one you included. Could you add THAT to the mod, instead of the piece of shit looking deagle made by IW?

Please keep in mind that the mod is in Beta phase, wich means its unifinished and still has bugs, placeholders etc. (I stated that in the notes too).

Offline Comrade

« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2013, 12:21:41 PM »
Please keep in mind that the mod is in Beta phase, wich means its unifinished and still has bugs, placeholders etc. (I stated that in the notes too).

TBH it looks like the mod is nearing it's completion...if we fix up some shit here, clear up something there, it will be pretty much complete.

Found a duplicate custom weapon named AR2, what's that supposed to mean? There's already an AR2 scripted...

EDIT: Oh, and if you are willing to compile the deagle's anims on some other model, do it now, because I'm currently unfucking the sound events.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 12:47:55 PM by Antivirus_404 »

Offline Comrade

« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2013, 01:43:36 PM »
Someone please post all of the weapons' sound events here, my copy of StudioCompiler is literally crashing right in my face and I can't do anything.

Offline Counter-Life™

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2013, 03:06:22 PM »

TBH it looks like the mod is nearing it's completion...if we fix up some shit here, clear up something there, it will be pretty much complete.

Found a duplicate custom weapon named AR2, what's that supposed to mean? There's already an AR2 scripted...

EDIT: Oh, and if you are willing to compile the deagle's anims on some other model, do it now, because I'm currently unfucking the sound events.

I wanted the AR2 to have different recoil, accuracy etc. thats why I rescripted it and made it replace the stock AR2, since you can't change the values there.

Offline Comrade

« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2013, 03:21:06 PM »
I wanted the AR2 to have different recoil, accuracy etc. thats why I rescripted it and made it replace the stock AR2, since you can't change the values there.

Oh okay.
I'm actually thinking about a different way to redistribute custom weapon replacements.
Since I'm unfucking the mess that's currently SMOD Realism, I'm going to DELETE all of the materials, models and sounds that are unused by DEFAULT. Which means that all custom replacements shouldn't work.
So what I'm thinking about is releasing addon packs, that contain all of the files for a custom weapon that you wish to replace (with). It's still simple to install, and doesn't make such a mess.

Offline Counter-Life™

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2013, 03:52:55 PM »

Oh okay.
I'm actually thinking about a different way to redistribute custom weapon replacements.
Since I'm unfucking the mess that's currently SMOD Realism, I'm going to DELETE all of the materials, models and sounds that are unused by DEFAULT. Which means that all custom replacements shouldn't work.
So what I'm thinking about is releasing addon packs, that contain all of the files for a custom weapon that you wish to replace (with). It's still simple to install, and doesn't make such a mess.

Feel free to do so, back in the days where I was working on the mod, I had the idea of an "addon system". There was supposed to be an addon folder inside of the SMOD realism main folder, including the stock weapon files + possible replacements. The player was then able to mount the specific weapon they wanted via addcontents.txt.
every single folder contained the weapons models, textures, script etc. and a gameinfo.txt to trick SMOD into thinking that its mounting a mods content. I had a working prototype of that system, however that was some kind of "sideproject", and I wanted to implent it later in SMOD: realisms development stage. You can try it out, its a tidily way to keep content clean, so u dont have to remove every single file by yourself once you dont want an specific addon anymore. This of course would also be possible with custom campaigns and other content.