Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: A bunch of css map problems  (Read 1032 times)

Offline Troggy Hordesman

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • Troggy Hordesman has no influence.
A bunch of css map problems
« on: December 12, 2013, 07:32:35 PM »
I have been having multiple problems with css maps lately. The shadows missing on some (still no way to fix this?), Chateau and Inferno loading infinitely and now certain maps will crash at a predetermined time, sometimes. If you save the game before it happens it will crash if it was "fate" anyway, it seems. This all actually not such a new problem, as I had this happening some time before so I loaded css scifi scripts instead to be on the safe side. Worked fine the first 10 times I tested it, so once I put the map up on the menu this started happening, and it seems it becomes more and more common the more I play the map.

This couldn't be related to the map being on the menu, right? That would be stupid. Well, stupider.

Also, what's up with chateau and inferno? I can't remember them being the size of Skyrim.
My behind is behind me, always watching.

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
Re: A bunch of css map problems
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 08:58:43 PM »
Also, what's up with chateau and inferno? I can't remember them being the size of Skyrim.
They never were. You mean all of your maps are oversized or what?

Offline Troggy Hordesman

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 09:39:31 PM »
They never were. You mean all of your maps are oversized or what?

They load forever, and I mean forever. I compared it to what it would be for the source engine to load an open world rpg map. It never finishes loading and just gets stuck.

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 11:46:45 PM »
how do you mount them? maps won't load if they are added to SMOD  through "css" in gameinfo.
you need to set up a direct path to them in gameinfo.txt

That's the only thing I can think of right now :/
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Troggy Hordesman

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 12:38:22 AM »
They are mounted correctly. Heck, I even tried to put copies of the maps into the map folder directly, but to no avail.