you know, i've been thinking...
about that SCAR model.
basically, i'm thinking that if you want your mod to appear well from the others, you'll have to polish it as much as possible. one of those things is NO SMOOTHING ERRORS. since the SCAR model has all the smoothing errors you want + the normals highlight those smoothing errors, i believe that it's impossible to work with that model, unless you magically fix it all. so i've been thinking about a replacement... of course, the first idea that came to my mind is the SCAR model from crysis. but as you said before, you want it to be a mixture of HL2 and crysis and you don't want to reuse too much content from crysis, i've been thinking about this list of potential replacers:
- arby26's M4A1 (i think i already suggested this)
- End of Days's SCAR-L (you already used this, but what the hell, it was a good one, right? i certainly liked that model)
- H&K G36(C) (since the only G36 model i know of is really old and has old textures too, i'm thinking about a G36C, because arby26's most recent one is reeeeally good, has nice textures too.)
- H&K XM8 (End of Days's model is very tolerable. however, if you choose this, i believe you're going to have trouble with the extension rails
- OTs-14 GROZA (well, i kind of imagined the SCAR as a better alternative to the AK47, and since HL2 is set somewhere in eastern europe, it makes sense to have russian weapons, right?)
in my opinion, the strongest contenders are the G36C and the SCAR-L. i don't imagine anything better than that.