Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

* CLIENTS SECTION RULES

This section is for CLIENTS (Full SMOD Releases) ONLY.
You may create a new topic in this area to release your SMOD Mod. If you post anything off-topic here you will be temp-banned. This is so you don't hassle the moderators too much, they are volunteers.

If you need help with a mod, post a reply in its thread. Do not start a new topic for help here!

Please use good taste when releasing your mod. Adding 30 custom weapons from the release archive into SMOD Redux and then releasing as your own mod will be frowned upon.  :(

Author Topic: SMOD Standalone 0.65  (Read 193046 times)

Offline Silentdarkness12

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Silentdarkness12 has no influence.
Re: SMOD Standalone 0.30
« Reply #120 on: June 01, 2014, 02:34:31 PM »
Sorry to bother you again, @Pepsifan04, but that didn't work. Still getting the black screen of doom at title screen. I can access menu items, but black screen. I moved over the materials, models, sound and platform folders, and cleared addcontents.txt.

Offline Pepsifan04

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #121 on: June 01, 2014, 03:19:00 PM »
Just double checked this,
Make sure that SDKBase/shaders folder comes from \Source SDK Base\vpks\depot_212_dir.vpk
and it's properly extracted.

Try also setting "SteamAppId"   inside gameinfo.txt to 215
Code: [Select]
SteamAppId 215
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #122 on: June 01, 2014, 04:29:15 PM »
Sorry to bother you again, @Pepsifan04, but that didn't work. Still getting the black screen of doom at title screen. I can access menu items, but black screen. I moved over the materials, models, sound and platform folders, and cleared addcontents.txt.

Try to remove addcontents.txt from the scripts folder. It fixed the black screen problem for me.

Offline Comrade

• Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #123 on: June 01, 2014, 04:38:34 PM »

Try to remove addcontents.txt from the scripts folder. It fixed the black screen problem for me.

pepsifan once said that you have to remove the contents of that script, not the script itself

Offline Silentdarkness12

« Reply #124 on: June 01, 2014, 04:54:46 PM »
Okay, that didn't solve my problem either, but the problem is different now. I get THIS

No menu buttons to click, and imo, the image is a bit off kilter. What now?

Offline PaiCrai

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • PaiCrai has no influence.
« Reply #125 on: June 01, 2014, 06:14:09 PM »
Not remembering how Source stuff works and how to fix SMOD things any more really hurts...
But as a drastic action right now, enable the console and use it to do things. Everything you can do on the menu you can do in the console.
smignature

Offline Comrade

• Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #126 on: June 01, 2014, 06:17:30 PM »
Not remembering how Source stuff works and how to fix SMOD things any more really hurts...
But as a drastic action right now, enable the console and use it to do things. Everything you can do on the menu you can do in the console.

yep

entering "map d1_trainstation_01" is basically the equivalent of starting a new game

Offline PaiCrai

« Reply #127 on: June 01, 2014, 06:42:27 PM »
The same goes for all the SMOD specific menu functions, I think you just have to type in the name of it on the menu and the setting, which will appear in a drop down alternatives menu thing.
smignature

Offline Pneumandron

• Pneumandron has no influence.
« Reply #128 on: June 01, 2014, 06:46:00 PM »
Well in my case everything works fine. I did what Pepsifan adviced and just managed to play the mod. The only thing that was different is that there was no platform folder in SMOD Standalone I simply put the extracted one in there and did not have to merge anything. Don't now if it is important but maybe the issue with the menu lies there...

Offline Silentdarkness12

« Reply #129 on: June 01, 2014, 07:56:26 PM »
This is going to be a problem when I go to get Smod Redux working on here tho, guys. Which has a lot of options and crap.

How would I access options menu, though? boo...]

EDIT: Also, finally got into the game, and things are broken all over. No lip movement animations for any characters, all gui menus have missing textures somewhere(usually everywhere), console is also purple all over, and the pause menu items are not listed by their clean names. And no, removing the platform folder didn't solve anything.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 08:11:46 PM by Silentdarkness12 »

Offline PaiCrai

« Reply #130 on: June 01, 2014, 08:13:46 PM »
This is going to be a problem when I go to get Smod Redux working on here tho, guys. Which has a lot of options and crap.

EDIT: Also, finally got into the game, and things are broken all over. No lip movement animations for any characters, all gui menus have missing textures somewhere(usually everywhere), console is also purple all over, and the pause menu items are not listed by their clean names. And no, removing the platform folder didn't solve anything.
HOW THE FUCK DID YOU EVEN BREAK IT THIS MUCH. I TRIED BREAKING IT ON PURPOSE A WHILE AGO AND IT FUNCTIONED BETTER THAN THIS.
smignature

Offline Silentdarkness12

« Reply #131 on: June 01, 2014, 08:16:53 PM »

HOW THE FUCK DID YOU EVEN BREAK IT THIS MUCH. I TRIED BREAKING IT ON PURPOSE A WHILE AGO AND IT FUNCTIONED BETTER THAN THIS.

Hell if I know. I could be wrong, so don't quote me on this, but the last time HL2 broke nearly this bad, verifying the cache worked. And yet, the HL2 cache is already verified.

Offline PaiCrai

« Reply #132 on: June 01, 2014, 08:24:29 PM »

Hell if I know. I could be wrong, so don't quote me on this, but the last time HL2 broke nearly this bad, verifying the cache worked. And yet, the HL2 cache is already verified.
Try cleaning up everything involved, uninstall games, delete/remove mods and redownload from various sources, fixes and other things, and reinstall the games again.
You have everything installed required now, right? Don't want you to go through that hassle just to not install everything again.
smignature

Offline Silentdarkness12

« Reply #133 on: June 01, 2014, 08:27:10 PM »

Try cleaning up everything involved, uninstall games, delete/remove mods and redownload from various sources, fixes and other things, and reinstall the games again.
You have everything installed required now, right? Don't want you to go through that hassle just to not install everything again.

I installed the Smod, extracted and moved over the contents of the Platform, Models, Materials and Sounds folders, installed Source SDK Base 2006, and Source SDK. Half-Life 2 also, (duh). There are also no other mods or such.

EDIT: Anyone? Now, this makes me think that there's something else that still needs to get extracted.

EDIT 2: Is Counterstrike: Source a requirement?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 01:43:19 AM by Silentdarkness12 »

Offline Bitl

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.
« Reply #134 on: June 02, 2014, 03:57:40 AM »
Did you put the installer in the Steam/SteamApps/Sourcemods folder? It should work better that way.
FIREFIGHT RELOADED: GET IT NOW ON STEAM! http://store.steampowered.com/app/397680

crack tales, ooo-ooo

My Blog

"They are rage, brutal, without mercy. But you. You will be worse. Rip and tear, until it is don