Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

* CLIENTS SECTION RULES

This section is for CLIENTS (Full SMOD Releases) ONLY.
You may create a new topic in this area to release your SMOD Mod. If you post anything off-topic here you will be temp-banned. This is so you don't hassle the moderators too much, they are volunteers.

If you need help with a mod, post a reply in its thread. Do not start a new topic for help here!

Please use good taste when releasing your mod. Adding 30 custom weapons from the release archive into SMOD Redux and then releasing as your own mod will be frowned upon.  :(

Author Topic: SMOD Standalone 0.65  (Read 195677 times)

Offline PaiCrai

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • PaiCrai has no influence.
Re: SMOD Standalone 0.30
« Reply #135 on: June 02, 2014, 11:07:07 AM »
This is going to be a problem when I go to get Smod Redux working on here tho, guys. Which has a lot of options and crap.

How would I access options menu, though? boo...]

EDIT: Also, finally got into the game, and things are broken all over. No lip movement animations for any characters, all gui menus have missing textures somewhere(usually everywhere), console is also purple all over, and the pause menu items are not listed by their clean names. And no, removing the platform folder didn't solve anything.
HOW THE FUCK DID YOU EVEN BREAK IT THIS MUCH. I TRIED BREAKING IT ON PURPOSE A WHILE AGO AND IT FUNCTIONED BETTER THAN THIS.

Hell if I know. I could be wrong, so don't quote me on this, but the last time HL2 broke nearly this bad, verifying the cache worked. And yet, the HL2 cache is already verified.
Try cleaning up everything involved, uninstall games, delete/remove mods and redownload from various sources, fixes and other things, and reinstall the games again.
You have everything installed required now, right? Don't want you to go through that hassle just to not install everything again.

I installed the Smod, extracted and moved over the contents of the Platform, Models, Materials and Sounds folders, installed Source SDK Base 2006, and Source SDK. Half-Life 2 also, (duh). There are also no other mods or such.

EDIT: Anyone? Now, this makes me think that there's something else that still needs to get extracted.

EDIT 2: Is Counterstrike: Source a requirement?
Pretty sure CS:S is a requirement, and a pretty big one at that. AFAIK If you don't have it you're fucked.
smignature

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #136 on: June 02, 2014, 11:11:15 AM »
This is going to be a problem when I go to get Smod Redux working on here tho, guys. Which has a lot of options and crap.

How would I access options menu, though? boo...]

EDIT: Also, finally got into the game, and things are broken all over. No lip movement animations for any characters, all gui menus have missing textures somewhere(usually everywhere), console is also purple all over, and the pause menu items are not listed by their clean names. And no, removing the platform folder didn't solve anything.
HOW THE FUCK DID YOU EVEN BREAK IT THIS MUCH. I TRIED BREAKING IT ON PURPOSE A WHILE AGO AND IT FUNCTIONED BETTER THAN THIS.

Hell if I know. I could be wrong, so don't quote me on this, but the last time HL2 broke nearly this bad, verifying the cache worked. And yet, the HL2 cache is already verified.
Try cleaning up everything involved, uninstall games, delete/remove mods and redownload from various sources, fixes and other things, and reinstall the games again.
You have everything installed required now, right? Don't want you to go through that hassle just to not install everything again.

I installed the Smod, extracted and moved over the contents of the Platform, Models, Materials and Sounds folders, installed Source SDK Base 2006, and Source SDK. Half-Life 2 also, (duh). There are also no other mods or such.

EDIT: Anyone? Now, this makes me think that there's something else that still needs to get extracted.

EDIT 2: Is Counterstrike: Source a requirement?
Pretty sure CS:S is a requirement, and a pretty big one at that. AFAIK If you don't have it you're fucked.

confirmed for being false

i could run this JUST FINE without CS:S

Offline Silentdarkness12

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Silentdarkness12 has no influence.
« Reply #137 on: June 02, 2014, 11:42:05 AM »
Thankfully, I do have CS: S, it's just not installed. I suppose I could get that, and see if it fixes my woes. Willing to take other suggestions, though.

The console reads: "----MISSING VGUI MATERIAL----" for several lines.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 04:18:13 PM by Silentdarkness12 »

Offline Silentdarkness12

« Reply #138 on: June 02, 2014, 05:28:41 PM »
Okay, nope. CS: S is not the answer. I am missing VGUI textures, somehow. Where are those?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 07:56:49 PM by Silentdarkness12 »

Offline Bitl

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.
« Reply #139 on: June 02, 2014, 09:01:47 PM »
Did you try extracting the Source SDK 2006 vpk files with GCFScape (the ones that have the "_dir" at the end), then putting the files in the SDKBase folder?
FIREFIGHT RELOADED: GET IT NOW ON STEAM! http://store.steampowered.com/app/397680

crack tales, ooo-ooo

My Blog

"They are rage, brutal, without mercy. But you. You will be worse. Rip and tear, until it is don

Offline Silentdarkness12

« Reply #140 on: June 02, 2014, 09:35:40 PM »
Did you try extracting the Source SDK 2006 vpk files with GCFScape (the ones that have the "_dir" at the end), then putting the files in the SDKBase folder?

Didn't Pepsifan already instruct me to do that? I'm pretty sure I did. But i'll try again.

EDIT: I tried it again. No luck.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 09:43:02 PM by Silentdarkness12 »

Offline Vedad1944

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • Vedad1944 has no influence.
« Reply #141 on: June 02, 2014, 09:51:32 PM »
I'm not on my pc right now, but can you just check what the size of your SMOD Standalone folder is?
I mean exactly, I can compare it in the morning and see, maybe you are just missing files somewhere that we are missing.
:)

Offline Silentdarkness12

« Reply #142 on: June 02, 2014, 09:55:34 PM »
I'm not on my pc right now, but can you just check what the size of your SMOD Standalone folder is?
I mean exactly, I can compare it in the morning and see, maybe you are just missing files somewhere that we are missing.
:)

Sure. 2.98 GB right now. There's a materials, models, sound, shaders, bin, hl2, platform and sourcetest folder in SDKBase.

Offline Silentdarkness12

« Reply #143 on: June 02, 2014, 10:10:18 PM »
UHHH WAIT.

Progress! Hang on a sec!

I moved some stuff in Sdkbase/platform folder to the root platform folder, and that improved the console. The corners are STILL purple, however. Gonna check the ingame crap right now.

EDIT: The ingame ui is almost 100% fixed. The flicker effect when you switch weapons has colorless checkerboard, none of the clean ui text shows up for anything, not even loading or saving. It's almost fixed, but a few items are still missing, it seems.

EDIT 2: I FIXED THE PURPLE BUG! WOOOO!

The text is STILL not displaying properly, though. I need that to figure out how to fix that.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 10:32:10 PM by Silentdarkness12 »

Offline TheGuy

• TheGuy has no influence.
« Reply #144 on: June 03, 2014, 12:46:21 AM »
I think you can fix the text not appearing correctly by copying the gameui_english.txt file from Source SDK Base's depot vpks.

Offline Silentdarkness12

« Reply #145 on: June 03, 2014, 01:33:40 AM »
I think you can fix the text not appearing correctly by copying the gameui_english.txt file from Source SDK Base's depot vpks.

Thank you for that, but the text for Smod-specific things, such as in the controls menu, are still not there.

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #146 on: June 03, 2014, 05:24:45 AM »

Thank you for that, but the text for Smod-specific things, such as in the controls menu, are still not there.

The problem is, that theres no smod_english.txt in the resource folder. However, the prefix of that script is depending on the main folder name. And since the folder name is hl2 now, it would have to be hl2_english.txt.

Hang on, I will merge the original hl2_english.txt and the smod one together and upload it here. You can download it and test if it works.

EDIT: Wasn't even necesarry, the SMOD one includes the hl2 ones.

Here you go: https://www.mediafire.com/?q17uqbb1n5fw15r  <-- rename to hl2_english.txt

Keep in mind: This only works if you put this into the "SMOD Standalone/hl2/rescource" folder. If you want to use this in a SMOD Mini-Mod, you will have to edit the prefix of the text file. For example, if you have a SMOD Mini-Mod with the folder name "SMOD1", then you would have to rename the .txt to "smod1_english.txt" and put it into "SMOD Standalone/smod1/rescource". If you still get the weird text messages, then you will have to open the text file and change the prefixes there to fit the fodler name.

Hope this helps, and let me know if it dosen't.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 05:41:32 AM by Counter-Life™ »

Offline Silentdarkness12

« Reply #147 on: June 03, 2014, 12:28:53 PM »

The problem is, that theres no smod_english.txt in the resource folder. However, the prefix of that script is depending on the main folder name. And since the folder name is hl2 now, it would have to be hl2_english.txt.

Hang on, I will merge the original hl2_english.txt and the smod one together and upload it here. You can download it and test if it works.

EDIT: Wasn't even necesarry, the SMOD one includes the hl2 ones.

Here you go: https://www.mediafire.com/?q17uqbb1n5fw15r  <-- rename to hl2_english.txt

Keep in mind: This only works if you put this into the "SMOD Standalone/hl2/rescource" folder. If you want to use this in a SMOD Mini-Mod, you will have to edit the prefix of the text file. For example, if you have a SMOD Mini-Mod with the folder name "SMOD1", then you would have to rename the .txt to "smod1_english.txt" and put it into "SMOD Standalone/smod1/rescource". If you still get the weird text messages, then you will have to open the text file and change the prefixes there to fit the fodler name.

Hope this helps, and let me know if it dosen't.

Okay, I put it into the hl2/resource folder, but the text still isn't showing up.

EDIT: Wait, I forgot to rename it, like a dumbass. Hold the phone.

EDIT 2: Okay, it didn't work.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 12:32:33 PM by Silentdarkness12 »

Offline Silentdarkness12

« Reply #148 on: June 03, 2014, 12:36:11 PM »
@Counterlife Seems that merging stuff together in gameui_english.txt, not hl2_english.txt fixed the problem, strangely enough.

Offline Silentdarkness12

« Reply #149 on: June 03, 2014, 12:41:04 PM »
Okay, that only leaves one more problem, and then i'm good to go. All characters ingame, their lips don't move when they speak.

Wait....no....NO....NOT THIS

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 12:48:47 PM by Silentdarkness12 »