Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

* CLIENTS SECTION RULES

This section is for CLIENTS (Full SMOD Releases) ONLY.
You may create a new topic in this area to release your SMOD Mod. If you post anything off-topic here you will be temp-banned. This is so you don't hassle the moderators too much, they are volunteers.

If you need help with a mod, post a reply in its thread. Do not start a new topic for help here!

Please use good taste when releasing your mod. Adding 30 custom weapons from the release archive into SMOD Redux and then releasing as your own mod will be frowned upon.  :(

Author Topic: SMOD Standalone 0.65  (Read 173950 times)

Offline Nyanch

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Nyanch has no influence.
Re: SMOD Standalone 0.30
« Reply #180 on: June 05, 2014, 01:59:42 AM »
It is on Steam. But, Smod Standalone, to my understanding, uses a modified version of the filesystem, so that it doesn't have to be tied to steam in such a manner. You want the modified version, not the regular version.

Your game works (Barely), if mine didn't install the dll at all, would anyone mind uploading it?

Offline Silentdarkness12

• Silentdarkness12 has no influence.
« Reply #181 on: June 05, 2014, 02:48:00 PM »

Offline Silentdarkness12

« Reply #182 on: June 05, 2014, 06:19:37 PM »
But yeah, does anyone have any ideas what to do regarding the surfaceproperties manifest not loading?

EDIT: Nevermind, copypasting all the scripts from SDKbase/hl2/scripts to all the other script places fixes the problem. But now, upon starting up SMOD Redux, I get a big fat white-out of everything. No music either, can't open the console. What now?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 06:27:50 PM by Silentdarkness12 »

Offline Silentdarkness12

« Reply #183 on: June 05, 2014, 11:54:52 PM »
Oh, and another bug with Smod. I can't steer the airboat. Forward backward is good, but if I try to steer, the animation plays but the airboat doesn't actually turn.

Offline Nyanch

• Nyanch has no influence.
« Reply #184 on: June 06, 2014, 10:29:35 PM »
I'm wondering if I would be able to get non-SMod old mods working with Standalone

Offline Bitl

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.
« Reply #185 on: June 07, 2014, 09:01:09 PM »
I'm wondering if I would be able to get non-SMod old mods working with Standalone
Seeing that it uses Source SDK 2006 related stuff, I think so.
FIREFIGHT RELOADED: GET IT NOW ON STEAM! http://store.steampowered.com/app/397680

Visit my Discord here: https://discord.gg/chfVwk2

crack tales, ooo-ooo

My Blog

"They are rage, brutal, without mercy. But you. You will be worse. Rip and tear, until it is don

Offline Silentdarkness12

« Reply #186 on: June 08, 2014, 09:42:22 PM »
Uhh, anyone have any ideas regarding my problems?

White screen on trying to run Smod Redux, and in Smod, the airboat doesn't steer.

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #187 on: June 08, 2014, 10:16:28 PM »

White screen on trying to run Smod Redux, and in Smod, the airboat doesn't steer.

The airboat thing is a new one on me, probably try to copy the vehicle.txt file?

Offline Silentdarkness12

« Reply #188 on: June 08, 2014, 11:00:52 PM »

The airboat thing is a new one on me, probably try to copy the vehicle.txt file?

From the scripts/vehicles folder? No luck.

Offline Silentdarkness12

« Reply #189 on: June 09, 2014, 10:38:30 PM »
And so it seems that Smod is out of my reach. *SIGH*

Offline Silentdarkness12

« Reply #190 on: June 12, 2014, 11:25:23 PM »
....Seriously? Nobody has ANY idea?

Offline Pepsifan04

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #191 on: June 13, 2014, 10:05:23 PM »
Well...
I'm in process of breaking my SDK (updating it)and trying to replicate your problems.
As of now I've managed to replicate your last issue with missing textures by removing/renaming "materials" folder inside "SDKBase"
So issue is definitely there.
Try re-extracting them again to a proper location form .vpk I've mentioned earlier.

Also I presume that you've tried deleting SMOD stdl, installing is via installation program, extracting files and installing SMOD stdl once again over extracted files.
I'll try to dig-up some more info about this issue later on.

And finally sorry for late response, my PC is on the Fritz.

EDIT: Some missing map/sky textures are because you're using hdr version of the maps, it's not fault of SMOD stdl itself.
EDIT2: And no, CSS is NOT A REQUIREMENT. only HL2 and Source sdk base 2006(you may also need Source SDK)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 10:08:17 PM by Pepsifan04 »
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Silentdarkness12

« Reply #192 on: June 16, 2014, 01:32:34 AM »
Well...
I'm in process of breaking my SDK (updating it)and trying to replicate your problems.
As of now I've managed to replicate your last issue with missing textures by removing/renaming "materials" folder inside "SDKBase"
So issue is definitely there.
Try re-extracting them again to a proper location form .vpk I've mentioned earlier.

Also I presume that you've tried deleting SMOD stdl, installing is via installation program, extracting files and installing SMOD stdl once again over extracted files.
I'll try to dig-up some more info about this issue later on.

And finally sorry for late response, my PC is on the Fritz.

EDIT: Some missing map/sky textures are because you're using hdr version of the maps, it's not fault of SMOD stdl itself.
EDIT2: And no, CSS is NOT A REQUIREMENT. only HL2 and Source sdk base 2006(you may also need Source SDK)

Yes to everything you've said. The only remaining issue i'm having with Smod right now is that the airboat script is broken somehow, I can't steer.

Offline FreeKill

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • FreeKill barely matters.FreeKill barely matters.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #193 on: June 16, 2014, 05:43:12 AM »
Yes to everything you've said. The only remaining issue i'm having with Smod right now is that the airboat script is broken somehow, I can't steer.

Funny you mention this issue in particular. I'm having the same issue after making Obsidian Conflict run off of extracted VPKs.

Offline Troggy Hordesman

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • Troggy Hordesman has no influence.
« Reply #194 on: June 17, 2014, 07:31:53 PM »
I have the attention span of a goldfish so I am amazed anyone understood how to install it.
My behind is behind me, always watching.