Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

* CLIENTS SECTION RULES

This section is for CLIENTS (Full SMOD Releases) ONLY.
You may create a new topic in this area to release your SMOD Mod. If you post anything off-topic here you will be temp-banned. This is so you don't hassle the moderators too much, they are volunteers.

If you need help with a mod, post a reply in its thread. Do not start a new topic for help here!

Please use good taste when releasing your mod. Adding 30 custom weapons from the release archive into SMOD Redux and then releasing as your own mod will be frowned upon.  :(

Author Topic: SMOD Standalone 0.65  (Read 194525 times)

Offline Woskis9161

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Woskis9161 has no influence.
Re: SMOD Standalone 0.65
« Reply #315 on: November 29, 2014, 11:16:54 AM »
How will I know if I've installed the CSS Addon Pack correctly? Do I need to start a new HL2 SP campaign for them to show up in the game?

Its for mods that use CSS assets (SMOD Tactical, etc) so they won't have missing content when used with Standalone. It won't add anything new to SMOD by itself.

Pepsifan, you might want to make the usage of the CSS addon a bit more clear in the description.
Thanks for the answer.

By the way, the SMOD I loved and played was SMOD Redux 10, do any of you know how I can play it with this?
I just put the smodredux folder into the mods folder and fix the gameinfo.txt. It works real good, except that it crashes whenever I try to load water hazard.  The map it crashes on is where you retrieve your airboat and after.
How did you fix the gameinfo.txt, if you don't mind me asking?

Offline No1Gamer

• No1Gamer has no influence.
« Reply #316 on: November 29, 2014, 11:26:46 AM »
look at the first page, there are tutorials. also you might have to delete the CONTENT of addcontents.txt in your script folder.

Offline burntcheese

• burntcheese has no influence.
« Reply #317 on: November 29, 2014, 11:33:51 AM »
How will I know if I've installed the CSS Addon Pack correctly? Do I need to start a new HL2 SP campaign for them to show up in the game?

Its for mods that use CSS assets (SMOD Tactical, etc) so they won't have missing content when used with Standalone. It won't add anything new to SMOD by itself.

Pepsifan, you might want to make the usage of the CSS addon a bit more clear in the description.
Thanks for the answer.

By the way, the SMOD I loved and played was SMOD Redux 10, do any of you know how I can play it with this?
I just put the smodredux folder into the mods folder and fix the gameinfo.txt. It works real good, except that it crashes whenever I try to load water hazard.  The map it crashes on is where you retrieve your airboat and after.
what you want to do is replace filesystem and below with the patched one in 2nd OP

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #318 on: November 29, 2014, 11:39:48 AM »
wow, this place is dead
Why dont you help revive us then?

Sorry for the rude comment, now I feel like a dick.  Is there any ways I can help out reviving SMOD? It's my favorite source mod, and I don't wanna see it die yet.

community releases and videos

Offline Woskis9161

• Woskis9161 has no influence.
« Reply #319 on: November 29, 2014, 11:58:34 AM »

Thanks for the answer.

what you want to do is replace filesystem and below with the patched one in 2nd OP
Okay, but which one of the patched ones, the Redux 8 one?

Offline oslaay

• oslaay has no influence.
« Reply #320 on: December 03, 2014, 10:29:07 PM »
yo, this mod doesn't work for me and i'll give you some info on what is happening

i've put smod standalone into the sourcemods folder,
i've made sure i have source sdk base 2006 installed + hl2,
they're both in the same directory,
i also have css already installed so i haven't used the css addon,
the gameinfo.txt is also using the universal gameinfo

when i click on the .exe to run smod it comes up with the laucher fine, and i click on SMOD40aq
it comes up with this: http://imgur.com/6lGzwxu

this is what the error says:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at SMOD_Stanalone.Form1.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34014 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SMOD Stanalone
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/SteamApps/sourcemods/Smod%20Standalone/SMOD%20Stanalone.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 12.0.20806.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34239 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34243 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

please help me find a solution and sorry for any hassle in advance,
thanks m8

Offline burntcheese

• burntcheese has no influence.
« Reply #321 on: December 05, 2014, 08:39:56 AM »
why do i keep on crashing on water hazard? im using smod redux

Offline LadyFuzztail

• LadyFuzztail has no influence.
« Reply #322 on: December 09, 2014, 05:15:16 AM »
Hey man, thanks for reviving SMOD, you are a gentleman and a scholar!

That being said, I am having major trouble getting CSS SCI FI 3 to work, here's what I did :

• Installed Smod Standalone, confirmed that it works.
  • Installed the CSS Addon Pack
  • Installed CSS SCI FI to \mods\CSS SCI FI\
  • Installed the map patch to \CSSBase\
  • Configured gameinfo.txt and \scripts\addcontents.txt
  • Run the game, found that the game crashes at cs_xcom.bsp when firing while in bullet time
  • Moved \CSS SCI FI\ to root, reconfigured gameinfo.txt
  • Found that the problem persists, only this time, you get kicked out of the map with an error message when firing while zooming during bullet time.
  • Also found another issue where I get kicked out of stock CSS maps instantly with the missing nodelist error.
  • Reinstalled the map patch to \CSS SCI FI\ as well as copied over the AIN files from \common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\maps\ to \CSS SCI FI\maps\ with no files being replaced if it already exists. Still the same missing nodelist error.

If anyone knows of a fix for this, please let me know.

EDIT : Apparently SNL files for CSS have to be replaced, [Link]  I am not sure how to get this fixed, but what file extensions would I be looking for in this case?

EDIT2 : The crash on going bullet time seems to be a bug specific to XCom. This bug did not appear on Biolab 0. I also have found that Spirits crashes on load.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 06:22:44 AM by LadyFuzztail »

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #323 on: December 15, 2014, 04:13:39 PM »
Thanks for feedback.
But again I'll need to download CSS SCIFI and mess around with it, it might be scripts, it moght not.
Remember that standalone uses different engine version than steam does
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline LadyFuzztail

• LadyFuzztail has no influence.
« Reply #324 on: December 16, 2014, 09:35:50 PM »
Thanks! I have been playing around with it more, and I have found that the crash on de_spirits appears to be a random crash, as I was not able to reproduce it. I also encountered an engine crash when dying and reloading a save on de_stratocorp2

Offline epicstuf

• epicstuf has no influence.
« Reply #325 on: December 23, 2014, 01:39:30 AM »
Whenever I try to download SMOD Standalone, the thing says Tier0.dll is missing from your computer. WTF?

Offline aesir_blade

• aesir_blade has no influence.
« Reply #326 on: December 27, 2014, 08:24:04 AM »
I have installed and reinstalled SMOD numerous times, however whenever I attempt to launch the mod I get a

|Failed to load the launcher DLL: The specified module cannot be found.

error. I have followed all the instructions with everything in the alleged correct places. There seems to be nobody else having this problem and I do not know what is causing it.

Offline trollgames

• trollgames has no influence.
« Reply #327 on: December 27, 2014, 06:48:11 PM »
i can not download SMOD STANDALLONE 0.65 if i click the link it opens mega but no download  :(

can someone please tel me why this is happening

Offline the_nutty_one

• the_nutty_one has no influence.
« Reply #328 on: December 30, 2014, 02:58:05 AM »
Hey forum! Just made a account here to say firstly thanks for making such a great mod, i loved source engine mods to bits especially smod's but alas I have a problem too its with tactical 5.56.

After getting standalone and the css addon i tried to run tactical but i received the app id 230 error. After fixing this by deleting the addcontents i recieved the: could not read manifest files ........(eg surfacepropeties), after exacting all the manifest files from hl2 it finnaly opened! But *sigh* >:( now i get a black screen and only the audio i attempted these fixes:
For those with the black screen, check your SDKbase folder. It should be like 2.5 GB, if not reinstall OR extract HL2 yourself, might fix the problem :)
but my sdkbase is 2.5 gb

then after attempting fidchells fixes also for putting in additional add contents and checking all the css base files still nothing

Can someone please help me?
im so close to the nostalgia i can almost taste it :P (tastes like chicken!)

Offline the_nutty_one

• the_nutty_one has no influence.
« Reply #329 on: December 30, 2014, 03:08:36 AM »
i can not download SMOD STANDALLONE 0.65 if i click the link it opens mega but no download  :(

can someone please tel me why this is happening

yeah its a wee bit confusing but your only clicking https://mega.co.nz/# part of the embedded link. The greyed out part also has to be copy pasted like this: https://mega.co.nz/#!Pd110AbI!R-Zyp0skbmJye5rk3h5gq01C4kReVbzHafbjLkiMNxE
that will take you to the link. have fun and hopefully you wont need to make another post (keep your fingers crossed)