Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

* CLIENTS SECTION RULES

This section is for CLIENTS (Full SMOD Releases) ONLY.
You may create a new topic in this area to release your SMOD Mod. If you post anything off-topic here you will be temp-banned. This is so you don't hassle the moderators too much, they are volunteers.

If you need help with a mod, post a reply in its thread. Do not start a new topic for help here!

Please use good taste when releasing your mod. Adding 30 custom weapons from the release archive into SMOD Redux and then releasing as your own mod will be frowned upon.  :(

Author Topic: SMOD Standalone 0.65  (Read 183227 times)

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • +0% chance to make useful post
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
Re: SMOD Standalone 0.65
« Reply #330 on: December 30, 2014, 04:01:46 AM »
i can not download SMOD STANDALLONE 0.65 if i click the link it opens mega but no download  :(

can someone please tel me why this is happening

yeah its a wee bit confusing but your only clicking https://mega.co.nz/# part of the embedded link. The greyed out part also has to be copy pasted like this: https://mega.co.nz/#!Pd110AbI!R-Zyp0skbmJye5rk3h5gq01C4kReVbzHafbjLkiMNxE
that will take you to the link. have fun and hopefully you wont need to make another post (keep your fingers crossed)

Thank you i fixed the links in the first post.

Offline No1Gamer

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • No1Gamer has no influence.
« Reply #331 on: December 30, 2014, 09:58:34 PM »
ok i got a little problem. the map d3_c17_02 doesnt load right. i get a gamecrash or i keep falling through the map. this happend with all smods that i use with standalone. also this only happens when i played the other maps beforehand not when i load the map via console. my guess is there must be something wrong with the map transition from the map before.
result is i cant enjoy playing from the beginning, because i know i will crash on that point in the game. anyone know what could cause this?

Offline Swish trish

• Swish trish has no influence.
« Reply #332 on: December 31, 2014, 01:20:15 AM »
IM also having this problem:

Hey forum! Just made a account here to say firstly thanks for making such a great mod, i loved source engine mods to bits especially smod's but alas I have a problem too its with tactical 5.56.

After getting standalone and the css addon i tried to run tactical but i received the app id 230 error. After fixing this by deleting the addcontents i recieved the: could not read manifest files ........(eg surfacepropeties), after exacting all the manifest files from hl2 it finnaly opened! But *sigh* >:( now i get a black screen and only the audio i attempted these fixes:
For those with the black screen, check your SDKbase folder. It should be like 2.5 GB, if not reinstall OR extract HL2 yourself, might fix the problem :)
but my sdkbase is 2.5 gb

then after attempting fidchells fixes also for putting in additional add contents and checking all the css base files still nothing

Can someone please help me?
im so close to the nostalgia i can almost taste it :P (tastes like chicken!)

Plz help
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 02:32:12 AM by Swish trish »

Offline Pepsifan04

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #333 on: December 31, 2014, 10:10:27 AM »
The black screen issue is caused by shaders from different engine version.
I'll link a fix for that later today, stay tuned!
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Pepsifan04

• Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
« Reply #334 on: December 31, 2014, 01:57:32 PM »
Fix is out!
download it here:
https://mega.co.nz/#!oR1BURaK!Isf6PsOLxAAnHYNodPu93ad4OrvOABDy7T8sXDaI8Og

extract "SDKBase" folder to your "Smod Standalone" inside "sourcemods".
This fix should fix the issues with the black screen
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline the_nutty_one

• the_nutty_one has no influence.
« Reply #335 on: December 31, 2014, 03:13:39 PM »
Pepsi fan thanks so much for making a fix its awesome to know your still providing support, however the fix is not working for me  :'(
I've extracted the files into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\Smod Standalone\SDKBase
and allowed the current shaders file to be overwritten but i still get the blank screen
Any other ideas on how to fix this?

Ps ive tried other versions of smod tactical and they also get the same blank screen

Offline Mr. Swagg

• Mr. Swagg has no influence.
« Reply #336 on: December 31, 2014, 08:55:31 PM »
ok i got a little problem. the map d3_c17_02 doesnt load right. i get a gamecrash or i keep falling through the map. this happend with all smods that i use with standalone. also this only happens when i played the other maps beforehand not when i load the map via console. my guess is there must be something wrong with the map transition from the map before.
result is i cant enjoy playing from the beginning, because i know i will crash on that point in the game. anyone know what could cause this?

I'm having the same problem with d1_canals_01a, except it always crashes and I only tried SMOD40aq. Another user had this problem with another map before, and he made a post about it just like this user, but neither of them were answered at all.

NOW WHY IS THIS HAPPENING AND WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX IT?

Offline No1Gamer

• No1Gamer has no influence.
« Reply #337 on: January 01, 2015, 04:20:28 PM »

hmm so i did some testing. when i load map d3_c17_01 (so the map before) i get no crashes on the next map. Also if i begin at the last prision map (d2_prision_08) again i get no crashes.
so i think maybe if you play from the beginning as times goes on maybe the game got corrupted somehow? Or cash/memory stuff? i play with heapsize 512000 could this cause the problem?

Offline Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

• Chr0n0Tr!gg3r has no influence.
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #338 on: January 07, 2015, 01:19:28 AM »
I'm using Smod REDUX Final with the standalone Smod 0.65, is there any way yet for the game to load custom .vpk files such as CS:S where all you do is drop the contents or VPK into a "Custom" folder. Is this possible with Smod?

Offline Pepsifan04

« Reply #339 on: January 07, 2015, 06:08:35 AM »
I'm using Smod REDUX Final with the standalone Smod 0.65, is there any way yet for the game to load custom .vpk files such as CS:S where all you do is drop the contents or VPK into a "Custom" folder. Is this possible with Smod?
no, since Smod Standalone does no  use .vpk system, you can't use .vpk files to mount content.
Unfortunately it'll never be plausible because source 2006 don't know how to read .vpk files
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Comrade

• Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #340 on: January 07, 2015, 02:38:23 PM »
no, since Smod Standalone does no  use .vpk system, you can't use .vpk files to mount content.
Unfortunately it'll never be plausible because source 2006 don't know how to read .vpk files

^ this

i'm thinking right now, what if you extracted those vpk's into separate folders then place them inside a massive folder in the smod standalone root folder called "addons", then just add those folders in your gameinfo.txt

obviously you'd have to work around it somehow replacing the local content (smod default content i mean) but would it be possible to somehow change the order or something so that it loads the content from that "addon" folder and THEN content from your smod mod folder?

Offline Pepsifan04

« Reply #341 on: January 07, 2015, 08:28:35 PM »
yes, and if you folks want to, I can add it to the next standalone update
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

• Chr0n0Tr!gg3r has no influence.
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #342 on: January 08, 2015, 04:58:57 AM »
That would be great, but I'm not sure if this would work. I extracted the VPK files of the VPK I wanted to use and put those folders which in this case was the models and materials folder and put them into REDUX. Unfortunately it didn't work and gave me errors so taking the files from the VPK may not work as suggested.

Offline Pepsifan04

« Reply #343 on: January 08, 2015, 09:32:32 AM »
in most cases .vpk files contain OB (orangebox) models and materials, which are not compatible with SMOD.
Make sure that you've put the models and materials in the right folder and make sure that file structure is preserved, also try adding content from your [extracted .vpk folder] via searchpaths in gameinfo.txt
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • +0% chance to make useful post
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
« Reply #344 on: January 13, 2015, 01:10:19 AM »
Just tried to use the CSS Addon Installer and it hung @ 'Executing Commands'.  Command console just left open blank, final closed it manually and then the installer said everything was good to go :0

weird.