Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

* CLIENTS SECTION RULES

This section is for CLIENTS (Full SMOD Releases) ONLY.
You may create a new topic in this area to release your SMOD Mod. If you post anything off-topic here you will be temp-banned. This is so you don't hassle the moderators too much, they are volunteers.

If you need help with a mod, post a reply in its thread. Do not start a new topic for help here!

Please use good taste when releasing your mod. Adding 30 custom weapons from the release archive into SMOD Redux and then releasing as your own mod will be frowned upon.  :(

Author Topic: SMOD Standalone 0.65  (Read 174845 times)

Offline Pepsifan04

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
Re: SMOD Standalone 0.65
« Reply #345 on: January 13, 2015, 06:39:21 AM »
it might be problem with OS, Installer executes commands from windows CMD.
Check if there's anything inside CSSBase folder (hint: There should be)

There also should be "css_pack_dir" folder inside CSS in common.
Something tells me that css_pack_dir.vpk didn't extract at all...
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline jackdareaper

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • jackdareaper has no influence.
« Reply #346 on: January 16, 2015, 11:09:26 AM »
Can someone show me how to use smod redux v8 or 9 from scratch, in laymans terms. Like the links to the download for extra weapons and patches  etc then how to make it work/set it up. I am sorry if I am asking too much but I realllly wanna play redux

EDIT:I found the downloads for 8 and the addon pack. http://bsnooch.com/forums/index.php?topic=1149.0 I am hoping this includes the houndeye models and the cz75 weapon replacement. Now what's next is how to make it work without problems.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 11:29:01 AM by jackdareaper »

Offline No1Gamer

• No1Gamer has no influence.
« Reply #347 on: January 16, 2015, 01:04:42 PM »
use the newest version. its build for standalone alredy: http://bsnooch.com/forums/index.php?topic=1494.0

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • +0% chance to make useful post
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
« Reply #348 on: January 18, 2015, 06:01:19 AM »

Offline Pepsifan04

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #349 on: January 18, 2015, 09:20:46 AM »
I've updated main post to contain your guide.
Thanks a lot buddy:), hope this'll solve most of ppl problems
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • +0% chance to make useful post
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
« Reply #350 on: January 21, 2015, 02:44:50 PM »
If I could humbly suggest,
changing SMOD Stanalone.exe
to Launcher.exe ?

Might be easier for some. The first time I installed 0.65, I did not even notice the program.  :)

Offline PaiCrai

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • PaiCrai has no influence.
« Reply #351 on: January 29, 2015, 02:37:56 AM »
chrome blocks the smod standalone and css addon downloads :/

edit cough cough
everything uploaded by you is automatically blocked from my downloads because its malicious or sumshit according to chrome
posting this here as well i guess because relevant
smignature

Offline Nyanch

• Nyanch has no influence.
« Reply #352 on: February 01, 2015, 11:08:57 AM »
Y'ello,

I'm getting a "gameinfo.txt is not a valid format" error while I'm using SmodTactical556 and the fixed gameinfo.txt . Anyone know how I could fix this? Deleting the gameinfo.txt doesn't make it fix itself.

Offline PaiCrai

« Reply #353 on: February 01, 2015, 12:49:12 PM »
Y'ello,

I'm getting a "gameinfo.txt is not a valid format" error while I'm using SmodTactical556 and the fixed gameinfo.txt . Anyone know how I could fix this? Deleting the gameinfo.txt doesn't make it fix itself.
5.56 is dead, download 6/version 1.0, it works flawlessly without standalone or patches (scratch that i might want to direct you to a thread about importing missing material into it but whatever)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1725333/Files/smodtactical_version1_beta1_patched.7z
smignature

Offline Nyanch

« Reply #354 on: February 01, 2015, 01:38:04 PM »
Y'ello,

5.56 is dead, download 6/version 1.0, it works flawlessly without standalone or patches (scratch that i might want to direct you to a thread about importing missing material into it but whatever)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1725333/Files/smodtactical_version1_beta1_patched.7z

Thanks! never got a headsup about 6

EDIT: Still getting "gameinfo.txt. is not a valid format"
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 01:52:43 PM by Nyanch »

Offline PaiCrai

« Reply #355 on: February 01, 2015, 01:55:18 PM »
Y'ello,

i have no idea what youre doing wrong, are you trying to load it in standalone?? because dont
smignature

Offline Nyanch

« Reply #356 on: February 01, 2015, 01:56:14 PM »
Y'ello,

i have no idea what youre doing wrong, are you trying to load it in standalone?? because dont

Well.
I am retarded.

Offline PaiCrai

« Reply #357 on: February 01, 2015, 02:01:17 PM »
Y'ello,

Well.
I am retarded.
its okay we all make mistakes *pat pat* ;D
smignature

Offline Nyanch

« Reply #358 on: February 01, 2015, 02:14:43 PM »
Y'ello,

You'll have to give me the importing, plz b0ss.

Offline PaiCrai

« Reply #359 on: February 01, 2015, 02:36:17 PM »
Y'ello,

You'll have to give me the importing, plz b0ss.
you have counter strike source, half life and all that shit right? next you'll need gcfscape or whatever to open vpk's (the ones called pak_dir), then you export all of the missing shit into a folder, not the smod folder, because gcfscape is a butt and will overwrite, then once its done putting it all in a somewhere-not-the-smod-folder just slap those folders (materials, models, sound or something along those lines) into smod and dont let it overwrite anything
congrats if u managed to understand any of that
smignature