Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

* CLIENTS SECTION RULES

This section is for CLIENTS (Full SMOD Releases) ONLY.
You may create a new topic in this area to release your SMOD Mod. If you post anything off-topic here you will be temp-banned. This is so you don't hassle the moderators too much, they are volunteers.

If you need help with a mod, post a reply in its thread. Do not start a new topic for help here!

Please use good taste when releasing your mod. Adding 30 custom weapons from the release archive into SMOD Redux and then releasing as your own mod will be frowned upon.  :(

Author Topic: SMOD Standalone 0.65  (Read 190590 times)

Offline Nyanch

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Nyanch has no influence.
Re: SMOD Standalone 0.65
« Reply #360 on: February 01, 2015, 02:47:50 PM »
Y'ello,

I'm getting a "gameinfo.txt is not a valid format" error while I'm using SmodTactical556 and the fixed gameinfo.txt . Anyone know how I could fix this? Deleting the gameinfo.txt doesn't make it fix itself.
5.56 is dead, download 6/version 1.0, it works flawlessly without standalone or patches (scratch that i might want to direct you to a thread about importing missing material into it but whatever)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1725333/Files/smodtactical_version1_beta1_patched.7z

You'll have to give me the importing, plz b0ss.
you have counter strike source, half life and all that shit right? next you'll need gcfscape or whatever to open vpk's (the ones called pak_dir), then you export all of the missing shit into a folder, not the smod folder, because gcfscape is a butt and will overwrite, then once its done putting it all in a somewhere-not-the-smod-folder just slap those folders (materials, models, sound or something along those lines) into smod and dont let it overwrite anything
congrats if u managed to understand any of that

literally the portal gun mod for HL2?

EDIT: oh and it seems I already extracted them into a folder and not a VPK.

EDIT2: all my hl2 stuff in pak_dir is gone, apparently.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 02:53:30 PM by Nyanch »

Offline PaiCrai

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • PaiCrai has no influence.
« Reply #361 on: February 01, 2015, 02:56:43 PM »
Y'ello,

I'm getting a "gameinfo.txt is not a valid format" error while I'm using SmodTactical556 and the fixed gameinfo.txt . Anyone know how I could fix this? Deleting the gameinfo.txt doesn't make it fix itself.
5.56 is dead, download 6/version 1.0, it works flawlessly without standalone or patches (scratch that i might want to direct you to a thread about importing missing material into it but whatever)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1725333/Files/smodtactical_version1_beta1_patched.7z

you have counter strike source, half life and all that shit right? next you'll need gcfscape or whatever to open vpk's (the ones called pak_dir), then you export all of the missing shit into a folder, not the smod folder, because gcfscape is a butt and will overwrite, then once its done putting it all in a somewhere-not-the-smod-folder just slap those folders (materials, models, sound or something along those lines) into smod and dont let it overwrite anything

so what ur saying is u already extracted  everything but theres nothing in half life 2's pak_dir.vpk?
smignature

Offline Nyanch

« Reply #362 on: February 01, 2015, 02:58:35 PM »
Y'ello,

so what ur saying is u already extracted  everything but theres nothing in half life 2's pak_dir.vpk?

The first edit was about CS:S and the second about HL2. There's nothing in the HL2 pak_dir.vpk, yet I found a folder containing CS:S's pak_dir stuff

Offline PaiCrai

« Reply #363 on: February 01, 2015, 03:04:21 PM »
Y'ello,

The first edit was about CS:S and the second about HL2. There's nothing in the HL2 pak_dir.vpk, yet I found a folder containing CS:S's pak_dir stuff
well shit did importing cs:s' stuff into smod work?
smignature

Offline Nyanch

« Reply #364 on: February 01, 2015, 03:16:01 PM »
Started new comment chain.

@PaiCrai

To test if anything changed, I tried starting Office, no dice.

Offline PaiCrai

« Reply #365 on: February 01, 2015, 04:21:49 PM »

@PaiCrai

if you wanna start office do it in the console i guess
edit: wait nvm
smignature

Offline Pepsifan04

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #366 on: February 02, 2015, 06:37:06 AM »

@PaiCrai

most of tac. content and mapadd depends on lua, which is broken in "non-standalone" smod
that's why some of the mapadds won't work

Also if you wanna talk about fixing other smods outside "standalone": get the hell out of this thread, it's enough mess as it is.
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Archu

• Archu has no influence.
« Reply #367 on: February 03, 2015, 06:27:49 PM »
Great work on the standalone so far, Pepsi. ;) I've been playing the original ever since it came out, and was thrilled to try it out again.
However, even after following the installation tutorial and trying out CryLife, i'm still not able to make it work.

The problem might be common, but it's giving me this error:

---------------------------
Launcher Error
Failed to load the launcher DLL:
The specified module could not be found.

I've followed the tutorial video step by step, ran HL2 and SDK '06 (CSS aswell) twice. I also checked the "gameinfo.txt" in the "SMOD40aq" and changed the line:

game "|gameinfo_path|..\..\SDKBase

to

game "|gameinfo_path|..\..\Source SDK Base

but it still doesn't botch.

Am i doing something wrong?

Offline Nyanch

« Reply #368 on: February 03, 2015, 08:19:33 PM »
Great work on the standalone so far, Pepsi. ;) I've been playing the original ever since it came out, and was thrilled to try it out again.
However, even after following the installation tutorial and trying out CryLife, i'm still not able to make it work.

The problem might be common, but it's giving me this error:

Launcher Error
Failed to load the launcher DLL:
The specified module could not be found.

I've followed the tutorial video step by step, ran HL2 and SDK '06 (CSS aswell) twice. I also checked the "gameinfo.txt" in the "SMOD40aq" and changed the line:

game "|gameinfo_path|..\..\SDKBase

to

game "|gameinfo_path|..\..\Source SDK Base

but it still doesn't botch.

Am i doing something wrong?

Did you try to re-verify stuff?

Offline Archu

« Reply #369 on: February 03, 2015, 09:01:24 PM »
Verify, change paths in the gameinfo's, re-install, nothing worked for me so far.
It could also be that the Steam Beta might be the culprit, i haven't tried to switch back yet..

Offline Nyanch

« Reply #370 on: February 03, 2015, 09:09:25 PM »
Verify, change paths in the gameinfo's, re-install, nothing worked for me so far.
It could also be that the Steam Beta might be the culprit, i haven't tried to switch back yet..

Steam Beta has nothing to do with it. Standalone doesn't run on Steam.

Are you installing to the sourcemods folder?

Offline Archu

« Reply #371 on: February 03, 2015, 10:01:07 PM »

Yep, everything is where it's supposed to be.

Offline Nyanch

« Reply #372 on: February 04, 2015, 12:32:49 AM »

Yep, everything is where it's supposed to be.

-snip x2-

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6897-DMYX-9004

Offline Archu

« Reply #373 on: February 04, 2015, 05:37:36 PM »
Just tried that (by deleting ALL the bin folders from both Smod and it's dependencies), but alas.. still the same issue.
I'm starting to think it has something to do with the gameinfo, but i'm not sure.

Offline Nyanch

« Reply #374 on: February 04, 2015, 08:17:04 PM »
Just tried that (by deleting ALL the bin folders from both Smod and it's dependencies), but alas.. still the same issue.
I'm starting to think it has something to do with the gameinfo, but i'm not sure.

It doesn't have anything to do with gameinfo, it has something to do with the engine launching. You're missing a DLL, do you know which one? I could probably send it.