Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

* CLIENTS SECTION RULES

This section is for CLIENTS (Full SMOD Releases) ONLY.
You may create a new topic in this area to release your SMOD Mod. If you post anything off-topic here you will be temp-banned. This is so you don't hassle the moderators too much, they are volunteers.

If you need help with a mod, post a reply in its thread. Do not start a new topic for help here!

Please use good taste when releasing your mod. Adding 30 custom weapons from the release archive into SMOD Redux and then releasing as your own mod will be frowned upon.  :(

Author Topic: SMOD Standalone 0.65  (Read 194525 times)

Offline Archu

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Archu has no influence.
Re: SMOD Standalone 0.65
« Reply #375 on: February 06, 2015, 04:56:27 PM »
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6897-DMYX-9004
Just tried that (by deleting ALL the bin folders from both Smod and it's dependencies), but alas.. still the same issue.
I'm starting to think it has something to do with the gameinfo, but i'm not sure.

It doesn't have anything to do with gameinfo, it has something to do with the engine launching. You're missing a DLL, do you know which one? I could probably send it.
I'm not sure. It doesn't say if it's missing from the SDK or HL2. Maybe if you could send the bin folders from both?

Offline Psycholoic

• Psycholoic has no influence.
« Reply #376 on: February 13, 2015, 10:17:04 PM »
Well, I'm in Europe and have no chance for all the cool weapons (golden Colts and blabla) because the "Qwertzu" keyboard does not have a ~ key, thus meaning I can't open console. I would be able if SMOD Standalone is not standalone but a mod, I would open Properties and then enter -console somewhere. This is standalone and I'm not able to change it. You should be just able to add one button for that "developer console:f10" or something like that.

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • +0% chance to make useful post
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
« Reply #377 on: February 13, 2015, 10:48:47 PM »
Well, I'm in Europe and have no chance for all the cool weapons (golden Colts and blabla) because the "Qwertzu" keyboard does not have a ~ key, thus meaning I can't open console. I would be able if SMOD Standalone is not standalone but a mod, I would open Properties and then enter -console somewhere. This is standalone and I'm not able to change it. You should be just able to add one button for that "developer console:f10" or something like that.

I think pepsifan mentioned that in the next version of standalone you will be able to add launch parameters.

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #378 on: February 13, 2015, 11:17:14 PM »
you can add launch parameters/console with his:
Alternatively, you can use the old method, which is creating a shortcut to hl2.exe:
This method is more advanced and allows for input of hl2.exe parameters (-hpc, -condebug ect.)

Editing "target"  with parameter "-game/mods/<your_smod>" will cause loading of desired mod located inside <your_smod> folder
note: mod name is loaded from gameinfo.txt (root\<your_smod>\gameinfo.txt) "Game" and "Title" header.

For example:
Target:
Code: [Select]
"G:\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\SMOD Standalone\hl2.exe" -game/mods/Crylife[/code

will launch mod from Crylife folder. note: folder is named crylife, however mod is named SMOD: Crylfie (loaded form root\<your_smod>\gameinfo.txt)
note: parameters are added after "quotation marks" [ " ]

Adding any additional parameters is possible; space[ ] acts as a separator, so adding "-console" launch parameter to the game will look like this:
Target:
[code]
"G:\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\SMOD Standalone\hl2.exe" -game/mods/Crylife -console
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Reicter

• Reicter has no influence.
« Reply #379 on: February 15, 2015, 03:15:00 PM »
Im having a problem i get an error when i try start Smod: Tactical delta 5.56  from the Standalone launcher. Error : Unable to load manifest file 'scripts/surfaceproperties_manifest.txt' PLES help xD  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Also how do i activate the console?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 10:38:22 PM by Reicter »

Offline SANIC

• SANIC has no influence.
« Reply #380 on: February 16, 2015, 05:16:53 PM »
My computer says the installer is a malicious file

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #381 on: February 16, 2015, 07:32:18 PM »
Don't worry, it is clean.

Offline Sitoopmanthethird25

• Sitoopmanthethird25 has no influence.
« Reply #382 on: February 18, 2015, 11:27:25 PM »
For those having problem with the console not showing up i figured a fix it worked for me.

You have to go to your config file bind the key you want to the toggle console, then save it and just re-open it right after (don't close it) launch your game see if that works if it does you can close it and play with it.

Hope it works for you.

Offline Pepsifan04

• Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
« Reply #383 on: February 19, 2015, 08:36:52 PM »
File is safe.

Updated with ANOTHER INSTALLATION TUTORIAL(kinda)
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline MG1231

• MG1231 has no influence.
« Reply #384 on: March 05, 2015, 11:52:37 PM »
I keep on getting "Extra App ID set to 220 but no Steam App ID"

Offline minmi96

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.
    • www.titsassesanddicks.cum
« Reply #385 on: March 06, 2015, 01:09:15 AM »
I get a tier0.dll misiing error when extracting vpks, I'm running Windows 8 btw.

Let's Get Some Pussy Tonight.

Offline Pepsifan04

« Reply #386 on: March 06, 2015, 05:37:12 AM »
I keep on getting "Extra App ID set to 220 but no Steam App ID"
The solution has been posted at least 10 times, and it's also posted in the main post:
http://bsnooch.com/forums/index.php?topic=1360.msg8292#msg8292 http://bsnooch.com/forums/index.php?topic=1360.msg8292#msg8292 http://bsnooch.com/forums/index.php?topic=1360.msg8292#msg8292 http://bsnooch.com/forums/index.php?topic=1360.msg8292#msg8292 http://bsnooch.com/forums/index.php?topic=1360.msg8292#msg8292 http://bsnooch.com/forums/index.php?topic=1360.msg8292#msg8292 DETAILED TROUBLESHOOTING:POINT NUMBER 3

I get a tier0.dll misiing error when extracting vpks, I'm running Windows 8 btw.
As for you:
Well I don't have an idea why, I've never tested standalone on win8...
Just chceck if everything is in place, see if \common\Half-Life 2\bin does contain any files and try downloading Source SDK (NOT BASE) if you don't have it.
just make a check with the install tutorials
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline the_nutty_one

• the_nutty_one has no influence.
« Reply #387 on: March 08, 2015, 11:10:45 PM »
It's me again!

What you don't remember me? Oh...

im this guy:
Hey forum! Just made a account here to say firstly thanks for making such a great mod, i loved source engine mods to bits especially smod's but alas I have a problem too its with tactical 5.56.

After getting standalone and the css addon i tried to run tactical but i received the app id 230 error. After fixing this by deleting the addcontents i recieved the: could not read manifest files ........(eg surfacepropeties), after exacting all the manifest files from hl2 it finnaly opened! But *sigh* >:( now i get a black screen and only the audio i attempted these fixes:
For those with the black screen, check your SDKbase folder. It should be like 2.5 GB, if not reinstall OR extract HL2 yourself, might fix the problem :)
but my sdkbase is 2.5 gb

then after attempting fidchells fixes also for putting in additional add contents and checking all the css base files still nothing

Can someone please help me?
im so close to the nostalgia i can almost taste it :P (tastes like chicken!)

So I gave up on SMOD tactical 5.56 for a while after pepsifan's fix didn't work for me, but I'm trying again and after reinstalling tactical, scouring the pages of this forum and of the various fixes of the internet. I would love to say I've made progress... But i haven't at all unfortunately I'm still stuck with a black screen, I've managed to get other smod's working quite easily with fixes on this forum but tactical is a reluctant bastard I'm once again at my wits end so i ask can anyone help and has anyone been able to overcome this black screen?

Offline andy_warhell

• andy_warhell has no influence.
« Reply #388 on: March 09, 2015, 01:37:34 PM »
Hi all, I've been playing through the HL2 campaign using SMOD standalone and it's really great (Thanks Pepsifan!), but I need help with a graphical glitch that's been bothering me. For some reason, some objects and NPCs on my game fade to a washed-out grey/white colour when they are at a medium to long distance away. It happens on standalone/vanilla and standalone/redux final (haven't tried anything else yet), does anyone know how to fix it?

Pics related:

Thanks in advance if anyone can help, and thanks to all involved in contributing to this mod over the years.

Offline Pepsifan04

« Reply #389 on: March 09, 2015, 04:29:11 PM »
It's me again!
-snip-
I'm still stuck with a black screen, I've managed to get other smod's working quite easily with fixes on this forum but tactical is a reluctant bastard I'm once again at my wits end so i ask can anyone help and has anyone been able to overcome this black screen?
I don't have a one solution to that, but i can give you a tip.
It's a shaders issue:
check is the gameinfo.txt points to right locations, also check if there is any "shaders" folder inside Tactical, if there is  one try removing it.

Hi all, I've been playing through the HL2 campaign using SMOD standalone and it's really great (Thanks Pepsifan!), but I need help with a graphical glitch that's been bothering me. For some reason, some objects and NPCs on my game fade to a washed-out grey/white colour when they are at a medium to long distance away. It happens on standalone/vanilla and standalone/redux final (haven't tried anything else yet), does anyone know how to fix it?

Pics related:
-pics-
Thanks in advance if anyone can help, and thanks to all involved in contributing to this mod over the years.

are you, by any chance, runnig SMOD on integrated gpu or using opengl instead DX,
because this is what happens when I'm runnign SMOD on OpenGL/integrated gpu card
http://pichost.me/1974417/
http://pichost.me/1974416/

and this is DX9
http://pichost.me/1974414/
http://pichost.me/1974415/
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 04:33:21 PM by Pepsifan04 »
DROP DATABASE bsnooch