Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

* CLIENTS SECTION RULES

This section is for CLIENTS (Full SMOD Releases) ONLY.
You may create a new topic in this area to release your SMOD Mod. If you post anything off-topic here you will be temp-banned. This is so you don't hassle the moderators too much, they are volunteers.

If you need help with a mod, post a reply in its thread. Do not start a new topic for help here!

Please use good taste when releasing your mod. Adding 30 custom weapons from the release archive into SMOD Redux and then releasing as your own mod will be frowned upon.  :(

Author Topic: SMOD Standalone 0.65  (Read 174845 times)

Offline the_nutty_one

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • the_nutty_one has no influence.
Re: SMOD Standalone 0.65
« Reply #390 on: March 09, 2015, 10:57:22 PM »
It's me again!
-snip-
I'm still stuck with a black screen, I've managed to get other smod's working quite easily with fixes on this forum but tactical is a reluctant bastard I'm once again at my wits end so i ask can anyone help and has anyone been able to overcome this black screen?
I don't have a one solution to that, but i can give you a tip.
It's a shaders issue:
check is the gameinfo.txt points to right locations, also check if there is any "shaders" folder inside Tactical, if there is  one try removing it.

Hi all, I've been playing through the HL2 campaign using SMOD standalone and it's really great (Thanks Pepsifan!), but I need help with a graphical glitch that's been bothering me. For some reason, some objects and NPCs on my game fade to a washed-out grey/white colour when they are at a medium to long distance away. It happens on standalone/vanilla and standalone/redux final (haven't tried anything else yet), does anyone know how to fix it?

Pics related:
-pics-
Thanks in advance if anyone can help, and thanks to all involved in contributing to this mod over the years.

are you, by any chance, runnig SMOD on integrated gpu or using opengl instead DX,
because this is what happens when I'm runnign SMOD on OpenGL/integrated gpu card
http://pichost.me/1974417/
http://pichost.me/1974416/

and this is DX9
http://pichost.me/1974414/
http://pichost.me/1974415/

Once again pepsi your reputation precedes you...

Your small tip was the last puzzle piece, I decided to look more thoroughly into the gameinfo of different smods tactical's and compared it to other SMOD's and i found something.
http://pichost.me/1974456/
This image highlights a piece of text (from SMOD 40aq) that is not in tactical's gameinfo and sure enough plopping this into smod tactical's gameinfo has made it work!!! happy days so if anyone else has the black screen problem try punching that in.
Finally i have a working smod!

I'm trying it out now and its got graphical errors for css resources so ill fiddle with that later but anyway thanks pepsi your a duke mate!

Offline Pepsifan04

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #391 on: March 10, 2015, 07:33:04 AM »
Thanks, I like helping people who know what they're doing ;)

As for your missing textures and models in tac:
Download  SMOD STANDALONE CSS Addon 0.35: https://mega.co.nz/#!lN8lHKLC!l3smtcmRhksSasLf4SELsLqyckyPzE8HptxJ_iNRRtE
you need to install it the same way as SMOD Standalone (put installer inside sourcemods,yadda,yadda,yadda)
after the installation is complete
add those two lines at the last entries in gameinfo.txt seatchpaths
Code: [Select]
game "|gameinfo_path|..\..\CSSBase"
Game "|gameinfo_path|..\..\..\..\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike"

One more thing:
You need to own CSS on steam and have it installed, then run it at least once before performing CSS Addon instalation - just to make sure that everything gonna work properly

EDIT:
In the "troubleshooting" post there's an example of gameinfo.txt for most of smods, also for tactical:
FileSystem
{
SteamAppId 220 // This will mount all the GCFs we need (240=CS:S, 220=HL2).
ToolsAppId 211 // Tools will load this (ie: source SDK caches) to get things like materials\debug, materials\editor, etc.

SearchPaths
{
Game |gameinfo_path|.
game hl2
game "|gameinfo_path|..\..\SDKBase"
game "|gameinfo_path|..\..\CSSBase"
Game "|gameinfo_path|..\..\..\..\common\Half-Life 2\hl2"
Game "|gameinfo_path|..\..\..\..\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike"

}
}
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 07:37:32 AM by Pepsifan04 »
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline andy_warhell

• andy_warhell has no influence.
« Reply #392 on: March 10, 2015, 02:35:46 PM »

are you, by any chance, runnig SMOD on integrated gpu or using opengl instead DX,
because this is what happens when I'm runnign SMOD on OpenGL/integrated gpu card

Yep, turns out I had my graphics card disabled on my laptop to reduce fan noise in another game. I re enabled it in Device manager and that fixed the graphics issue in SMOD. The fan was noisy in game so I set fps_max to 60 which fixed the noise. Thanks for the help, I would have never thought of doing that 8)

Offline coper

• coper has no influence.
« Reply #393 on: March 15, 2015, 01:52:55 PM »
can someone, for the love of god tell me how i can add Developer console in-game ???, when i press the hl2.exe located in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\sourcemods\Smod Standalone. 
nothing happends. i tried to make a shortcut for the hl2.exe and Write this in it to enable the console in game:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\sourcemods\Smod Standalone\hl2.exe" -game/mods/SMOD40aq -console

but nothing happends, and this is getting really really really frustrating because i cant really get any cool guns or anything in the mod, i do not have the ~ button because i live in europe.

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #394 on: March 15, 2015, 03:13:12 PM »
can someone, for the love of god tell me how i can add Developer console in-game ???, when i press the hl2.exe located in:
nothing happends. i tried to make a shortcut for the hl2.exe and Write this in it to enable the console in game:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\sourcemods\Smod Standalone\hl2.exe" -game/mods/SMOD40aq -console

but nothing happends, and this is getting really really really frustrating because i cant really get any cool guns or anything in the mod, i do not have the ~ button because i live in europe.
-game/mods/SMOD40aq needs to be -game SMOD40aq. Make sure you have the SMOD40aq folder in the same directory as the shortcut.

Offline coper

« Reply #395 on: March 15, 2015, 04:19:59 PM »

-game/mods/SMOD40aq needs to be -game SMOD40aq. Make sure you have the SMOD40aq folder in the same directory as the shortcut.

wait.. ok now im confused, im supposed to put the mod itself out of the 'mod' folder and in the Directory where the hl2.exe are ? that doesn't make any sense, because the standalone launcher can't detect the mod. and i tried to do this only to get a error Message when i pressed the hl2.exe.

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #396 on: March 15, 2015, 04:41:16 PM »

wait.. ok now im confused, im supposed to put the mod itself out of the 'mod' folder and in the Directory where the hl2.exe are ? that doesn't make any sense, because the standalone launcher can't detect the mod. and i tried to do this only to get a error Message when i pressed the hl2.exe.

It does make sense, I use Standalone that way. You don't need the launcher.

Take the SMOD folder out of the mod folder, where the hl2.exe AND your shortcut is. And then you obviously use the shortcut, and not the actual hl2.exe, how would it load the start commands then?

Offline coper

« Reply #397 on: March 15, 2015, 04:50:46 PM »

It does make sense, I use Standalone that way. You don't need the launcher.

Take the SMOD folder out of the mod folder, where the hl2.exe AND your shortcut is. And then you obviously use the shortcut, and not the actual hl2.exe, how would it load the start commands then?

weird.. i did what you said, move the SMOD40aq in the same Directory where hl2.exe and the shortcut is and i wrote in the shortcut:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\sourcemods\Smod Standalone\hl2.exe" -game SMOD40aq -console

and then i double clicked the shortcut and i got a error Message: Unable to load manifest file 'scripts/surfaceproperties_manifest.txt'

Offline Pepsifan04

• Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
« Reply #398 on: March 15, 2015, 05:52:27 PM »
Modifiy contents of gameinfo.txt to reflect your changes
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline coper

« Reply #399 on: March 16, 2015, 04:16:21 AM »
Modifiy contents of gameinfo.txt to reflect your changes

okay.. and what do i 'modify' and Write in the gameinfo.txt ?. sorry im just a Complete noob at this and im sorta New to the forum as you can see xD it would be Nice With a tiny 'guide' or whatever on how to add console, in a way a noob like me can undestand it :p

Offline Pepsifan04

« Reply #400 on: March 16, 2015, 06:02:38 AM »
ok, so you're using SMOD 40aq, here replace your gameinfo.txt with this:
"GameInfo"
{
game "HALF-LIFE 2 SMOD"
title "HALF-LIFE 2 SMOD"
type "singleplayer_only"
"icon" "smodicon"

FileSystem
{
ToolsAppId 211 // Tools will load this (ie: source SDK caches) to get things like materials\debug, materials\editor, etc.

SearchPaths
{
game |gameinfo_path|
game hl2
game "|gameinfo_path|..\SDKBase"
Game "|gameinfo_path|..\..\..\common\Half-Life 2\hl2"
}
}
}
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline coper

« Reply #401 on: March 16, 2015, 07:55:30 AM »
ok, so you're using SMOD 40aq, here replace your gameinfo.txt with this:
"GameInfo"
{
game "HALF-LIFE 2 SMOD"
title "HALF-LIFE 2 SMOD"
type "singleplayer_only"
"icon" "smodicon"

FileSystem
{

SearchPaths
{
game |gameinfo_path|
game hl2
game "|gameinfo_path|..\SDKBase"
Game "|gameinfo_path|..\..\..\common\Half-Life 2\hl2"
}
}
}

It worked, thanks alot. i'll enjoy the mods :)

Offline Delta3-5

• Delta3-5 has no influence.
« Reply #402 on: March 21, 2015, 12:50:52 AM »
had a question if anyone could shed light on this

I loaded up both SMOD Tactical 556 and SMOD Tactical Project Life and I go to put in "impulse 101" and I dont get all the weapons like suppressed M4, MP5, Minigun, etc. I just have 1 pistol or 1 m4.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Bitl

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.
« Reply #403 on: March 21, 2015, 03:25:45 AM »
had a question if anyone could shed light on this

I loaded up both SMOD Tactical 556 and SMOD Tactical Project Life and I go to put in "impulse 101" and I dont get all the weapons like suppressed M4, MP5, Minigun, etc. I just have 1 pistol or 1 m4.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
You use the command "give weapon_custom<num>" <num> can be a number from 1 to 30.
FIREFIGHT RELOADED: GET IT NOW ON STEAM! http://store.steampowered.com/app/397680

Visit my Discord here: https://discord.gg/chfVwk2

crack tales, ooo-ooo

My Blog

"They are rage, brutal, without mercy. But you. You will be worse. Rip and tear, until it is don

Offline shoubi

• shoubi has no influence.
« Reply #404 on: March 21, 2015, 09:14:46 AM »
Hi folks, first of all i m going to update The SMOD Author steam's group as soon as i can figurate how get SMOD final working sadly.
I've been a mod/indie addict sine lambda generation so i used to install mods in the past but this time i m quite lost.
I've followed instructions, launch at least HL˛ & SDK once, the thing is when Hl˛ was launched for the first time i didn t get any loading time saying "converting, or even an kind of extracting loading time.
A few months earlier i ve use GCFScape to extract .vpks to one directory with all ressources in order to mount games into Obsidian Conflict perhaps i fucked up things up that time who knows?!
But what is weird is that SMOD 40aq, redux, CryLife2 are running but with weird pink panels in setting menu for instance: https://youtu.be/aTO6-dXeV5E

NB: i run on Steam beta branch does it matters? & all is installed on D://

i really wish somebody experienced could see what is happening here: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197979313128/  send friend request, use teamviewer n see by yourself it can't be wrong?!

« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 10:09:50 AM by shoubi »