Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

* CLIENTS SECTION RULES

This section is for CLIENTS (Full SMOD Releases) ONLY.
You may create a new topic in this area to release your SMOD Mod. If you post anything off-topic here you will be temp-banned. This is so you don't hassle the moderators too much, they are volunteers.

If you need help with a mod, post a reply in its thread. Do not start a new topic for help here!

Please use good taste when releasing your mod. Adding 30 custom weapons from the release archive into SMOD Redux and then releasing as your own mod will be frowned upon.  :(

Author Topic: SMOD Standalone 0.65  (Read 183227 times)

Offline twice

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • twice has no influence.
Re: SMOD Standalone 0.65
« Reply #405 on: March 25, 2015, 11:49:08 AM »
check you are running as administrator + you have r/w permissins on the source mods folder you have to move the download to source mods and run from that location as it relies on relative paths also right click the exe and make sure you it is "unblocked"
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 11:52:34 AM by twice »

Offline Delta3-5

• Delta3-5 has no influence.
« Reply #406 on: March 27, 2015, 04:05:32 AM »
had a question if anyone could shed light on this

I loaded up both SMOD Tactical 556 and SMOD Tactical Project Life and I go to put in "impulse 101" and I dont get all the weapons like suppressed M4, MP5, Minigun, etc. I just have 1 pistol or 1 m4.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
You use the command "give weapon_custom<num>" <num> can be a number from 1 to 30.

Thank you so much! i was able to spawn the other weapons. But im not able to see them all on the screen, I have to drop a weapon in order to get the other ones and can only have about 5 of them and others I cant pick up.

whats that all about?!?

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #407 on: March 27, 2015, 02:53:07 PM »
had a question if anyone could shed light on this

I loaded up both SMOD Tactical 556 and SMOD Tactical Project Life and I go to put in "impulse 101" and I dont get all the weapons like suppressed M4, MP5, Minigun, etc. I just have 1 pistol or 1 m4.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
You use the command "give weapon_custom<num>" <num> can be a number from 1 to 30.

Thank you so much! i was able to spawn the other weapons. But im not able to see them all on the screen, I have to drop a weapon in order to get the other ones and can only have about 5 of them and others I cant pick up.

whats that all about?!?

Some weapons probably have the same HUD bucket positions. Check the scripts and change the positions.

Offline Pepsifan04

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #408 on: March 27, 2015, 05:17:37 PM »
weapon_limitcategory 0
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Silentdarkness12

• Silentdarkness12 has no influence.
« Reply #409 on: March 30, 2015, 12:15:30 AM »
So, I managed to install Smod Tactical 5 on Smod standalone, and technically it loads well enough, but there seems to be missing resources. The textures on all Counterstrike maps are missing, as well as a good deal of the sounds and a few models. The gameinfo.txt is put in properly, addcontents.txt is also correct, CS : S is also installed and started at least once. CS : S addon was also installed properly to make the CSSBase. idk what's missing here.

Offline Counter-Life™

• Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #410 on: March 30, 2015, 07:25:35 AM »
So, I managed to install Smod Tactical 5 on Smod standalone, and technically it loads well enough, but there seems to be missing resources. The textures on all Counterstrike maps are missing, as well as a good deal of the sounds and a few models. The gameinfo.txt is put in properly, addcontents.txt is also correct, CS : S is also installed and started at least once. CS : S addon was also installed properly to make the CSSBase. idk what's missing here.

Which version of the CS:S Addon installer are you using?

Offline Silentdarkness12

« Reply #411 on: March 31, 2015, 01:48:38 AM »

Okay, I updated the CS : S addon installer and most of the texture problems are fixed. Except that the AK47's view model seems to be textureless. Just shiny silver metal over the whole darn thing. Is it supposed to be like that?

Offline Counter-Life™

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #412 on: March 31, 2015, 07:09:46 AM »

Okay, I updated the CS : S addon installer and most of the texture problems are fixed. Except that the AK47's view model seems to be textureless. Just shiny silver metal over the whole darn thing. Is it supposed to be like that?

I doubt that, but then again I can't remember using the CS:S AK-47 v_model in any SMOD. I would check the .vmt and see if there might be any post-2006 Source settings that could screw up the textures.

Offline Silentdarkness12

« Reply #413 on: March 31, 2015, 12:15:26 PM »

I doubt that, but then again I can't remember using the CS:S AK-47 v_model in any SMOD. I would check the .vmt and see if there might be any post-2006 Source settings that could screw up the textures.

I'm.....not really a modder. How would I go about doing this?

Offline Counter-Life™

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #414 on: March 31, 2015, 02:24:50 PM »

Open the CS:S texture folder, search for the AK-47 texture (should be materials/models/weapons/v_models/rif_ak47) and take a look at the .vmt file (open it with notepad, basically a txt file in disguise).

Just copy/paste it contents here and I will check it.

Offline Silentdarkness12

« Reply #415 on: March 31, 2015, 03:19:46 PM »

Open the CS:S texture folder, search for the AK-47 texture (should be materials/models/weapons/v_models/rif_ak47) and take a look at the .vmt file (open it with notepad, basically a txt file in disguise).

Got it.
--------------------
VertexLitGeneric
{
   "$basetexture"   "models\weapons\v_models\rif_ak47\rif_ak47skin1"
   "$envmap" "env_cubemap"
   "$envmapmask" "models\weapons\v_models\rif_ak47\rif_ak47skin1_ref"

}

Offline Counter-Life™

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #416 on: March 31, 2015, 03:54:27 PM »

Got it.
--------------------
VertexLitGeneric
{
   "$envmap" "env_cubemap"

}
Does rif_ak47skin1_ref exist in the directory?

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #417 on: March 31, 2015, 03:59:05 PM »
Got it.
--------------------
VertexLitGeneric
{
   "$envmap" "env_cubemap"

}

replace $envmapmask with $envmaptint "[ 0.02 0.02 0.02 ]"

Offline Pangia

• Pangia has no influence.
« Reply #418 on: March 31, 2015, 04:35:21 PM »
Not really a bug or problem, but installer says in its title SMOD Standalone 0.56 instead of 0.65, may be a bit disturbing.

Offline Silentdarkness12

« Reply #419 on: March 31, 2015, 07:11:17 PM »

Got it.
--------------------
VertexLitGeneric
{
   "$envmap" "env_cubemap"

}
Does rif_ak47skin1_ref exist in the directory?

Yes it does. The vtf, I presume?

Tried what the person below you suggested. still doesn't quite work. Here's a screenshot.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=417301035