Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

* CLIENTS SECTION RULES

This section is for CLIENTS (Full SMOD Releases) ONLY.
You may create a new topic in this area to release your SMOD Mod. If you post anything off-topic here you will be temp-banned. This is so you don't hassle the moderators too much, they are volunteers.

If you need help with a mod, post a reply in its thread. Do not start a new topic for help here!

Please use good taste when releasing your mod. Adding 30 custom weapons from the release archive into SMOD Redux and then releasing as your own mod will be frowned upon.  :(

Author Topic: SMOD Standalone 0.65  (Read 194525 times)

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
Re: SMOD Standalone 0.65
« Reply #420 on: March 31, 2015, 07:46:46 PM »
So, I managed to install Smod Tactical 5 on Smod standalone, and technically it loads well enough, but there seems to be missing resources. The textures on all Counterstrike maps are missing, as well as a good deal of the sounds and a few models. The gameinfo.txt is put in properly, addcontents.txt is also correct, CS : S is also installed and started at least once. CS : S addon was also installed properly to make the CSSBase. idk what's missing here.

Which version of the CS:S Addon installer are you using?

Okay, I updated the CS : S addon installer and most of the texture problems are fixed. Except that the AK47's view model seems to be textureless. Just shiny silver metal over the whole darn thing. Is it supposed to be like that?

I doubt that, but then again I can't remember using the CS:S AK-47 v_model in any SMOD. I would check the .vmt and see if there might be any post-2006 Source settings that could screw up the textures.

I'm.....not really a modder. How would I go about doing this?

Open the CS:S texture folder, search for the AK-47 texture (should be materials/models/weapons/v_models/rif_ak47) and take a look at the .vmt file (open it with notepad, basically a txt file in disguise).

Just copy/paste it contents here and I will check it.

Got it.
--------------------
VertexLitGeneric
{
   "$basetexture"   "models\weapons\v_models\rif_ak47\rif_ak47skin1"
   "$envmap" "env_cubemap"
   "$envmapmask" "models\weapons\v_models\rif_ak47\rif_ak47skin1_ref"

}
Does rif_ak47skin1_ref exist in the directory?

Yes it does. The vtf, I presume?

Tried what the person below you suggested. still doesn't quite work. Here's a screenshot.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=417301035

Oh well, that explains alot.

I thought you were using the original CS:S viewmodel.

In any case, this is a known bug, it first appeared after VALVe updated HL2 to use OrangeBox Source (SteamPipe update), and temporarily broke SMOD.

We have an extremely old thread about it somewhere here, if I remember correctly. I don't know if it included a fix.

I will try to find it.

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #421 on: March 31, 2015, 07:49:03 PM »
You sure you got the right vmt open? This model has at least 2 afaik

try to do that to every vmt, it will do SOMETHING

Offline Silentdarkness12

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Silentdarkness12 has no influence.
« Reply #422 on: March 31, 2015, 07:58:54 PM »

There's only one ak47 vmt file here. All other files are vtf.

EDIT: @Counter-Life Of course......I hope you find that fix.

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #423 on: March 31, 2015, 08:35:39 PM »

Can't be, otherwise the wood parts would have the same effect too. Probably means they are in another folder then.

This is starting to get painful

Offline Silentdarkness12

• Silentdarkness12 has no influence.
« Reply #424 on: March 31, 2015, 08:56:17 PM »

Can't be, otherwise the wood parts would have the same effect too. Probably means they are in another folder then.

This is starting to get painful

A search does pull up other ak47 vmt files, but it would appear that these are all for world models/ones carried by enemies....unless....

What if it's the vmts in the Smod Tactical folder? I see a whole bunch of ak47 vmt folder skins for different parts of the gun. Smod Tactical/Materials/Models/Weapons/rif_ak47.

EDIT: Tried what you suggested on all the VMTs. No change to speak of.

Oh dear.....I could be wrong, but it looks like your suggestion may have actually broke it more...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 09:09:24 PM by Silentdarkness12 »

Offline SentinelNR

• SentinelNR has no influence.
« Reply #425 on: April 10, 2015, 12:53:43 PM »
Hello guys, can I have a hand on this little issue of mine?

Whenever I start SMOD using the main launcher or SMOD Standalone's launcher, I get this error: "Failed to load Launcher DLL: The specified procedure could not be found."

Help please. Here are the images of my SMOD Folder [...Steam/SteamApps/sourcemods] and of my gameinfo.txt file.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 01:06:23 PM by SentinelNR »

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #426 on: April 10, 2015, 02:12:35 PM »
reinstall Standalone, while making sure that you have Source SDK 2006 installed and the installer is in correct directory for installing.
You're missing "platform" folder, I'm also assuming that there are only 3 files inside  "bin" folder...
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline SentinelNR

« Reply #427 on: April 10, 2015, 03:10:05 PM »
reinstall Standalone, while making sure that you have Source SDK 2006 installed and the installer is in correct directory for installing.
You're missing "platform" folder, I'm also assuming that there are only 3 files inside  "bin" folder...

Okay, I didn't have SDK 2006 installed, I'm installing it right now, then I'll see how it goes. Thanks :)

Offline SentinelNR

« Reply #428 on: April 10, 2015, 04:17:46 PM »
Alright, it works just fine, thanks for the help mate ;)

Offline SentinelNR

« Reply #429 on: April 11, 2015, 01:44:34 PM »
you can add launch parameters/console with his:
Alternatively, you can use the old method, which is creating a shortcut to hl2.exe:
This method is more advanced and allows for input of hl2.exe parameters (-hpc, -condebug ect.)

Editing "target"  with parameter "-game/mods/<your_smod>" will cause loading of desired mod located inside <your_smod> folder
note: mod name is loaded from gameinfo.txt (root\<your_smod>\gameinfo.txt) "Game" and "Title" header.

For example:
Target:
Code: [Select]
"G:\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\SMOD Standalone\hl2.exe" -game/mods/Crylife[/code

will launch mod from Crylife folder. note: folder is named crylife, however mod is named SMOD: Crylfie (loaded form root\<your_smod>\gameinfo.txt)
note: parameters are added after "quotation marks" [ " ]

Adding any additional parameters is possible; space[ ] acts as a separator, so adding "-console" launch parameter to the game will look like this:
Target:
[code]
"G:\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\SMOD Standalone\hl2.exe" -game/mods/Crylife -console

Well, I'm having this issue: I cannot open the console since I do not have the ~ symbol on it, and I did not really understand how I could set these "launch parameters", I am a total newbie to coding and stuff like that, so I don't really know how to sort this out... a little help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Offline Counter-Life™

• Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #430 on: April 11, 2015, 03:06:40 PM »
you can add launch parameters/console with his:
Alternatively, you can use the old method, which is creating a shortcut to hl2.exe:
This method is more advanced and allows for input of hl2.exe parameters (-hpc, -condebug ect.)

Editing "target"  with parameter "-game/mods/<your_smod>" will cause loading of desired mod located inside <your_smod> folder
note: mod name is loaded from gameinfo.txt (root\<your_smod>\gameinfo.txt) "Game" and "Title" header.

For example:
Target:
Code: [Select]
"G:\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\SMOD Standalone\hl2.exe" -game/mods/Crylife[/code

will launch mod from Crylife folder. note: folder is named crylife, however mod is named SMOD: Crylfie (loaded form root\<your_smod>\gameinfo.txt)
note: parameters are added after "quotation marks" [ " ]

Adding any additional parameters is possible; space[ ] acts as a separator, so adding "-console" launch parameter to the game will look like this:
Target:
[code]
"G:\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\SMOD Standalone\hl2.exe" -game/mods/Crylife -console

Well, I'm having this issue: I cannot open the console since I do not have the ~ symbol on it, and I did not really understand how I could set these "launch parameters", I am a total newbie to coding and stuff like that, so I don't really know how to sort this out... a little help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

It's pretty simple. Create a shortcut of the .exe, then go to it's properties and you will see the path to the .exe. it starts with " and ends with ". Leave a space and add one parameter, for example -console. if you want additional parameters simply leave another space and add the next one like +exec autoexec.

Example: "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\sourcemods\Smod Standalone\hl2.exe" -game outbreak -console -heapsize 2048000

You can also edit your config.cfg and add: bind "x" "toggleconsole"

When pressing x (you can also replace that key) you will open the console. To make that work you require to have -console as a start parameter.

Offline SentinelNR

« Reply #431 on: April 11, 2015, 03:49:55 PM »

Well, thanks for the help, but the issue persists.
First of all, when I open the properties I get two paths: "Destination" and "From", I obviously thought I should add a space and "-console" there, but all I get when I confirm is an error message saying:

"The folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\sourcemods\Smod Standalone\hl2.exe -console"
specified in the Start In box is not valid. Make sure that the folder exists and that the path is correct."

All I did was creating the shortcut and leaving it in the folder, opening the properties, and add " -console" to the following path:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\sourcemods\Smod Standalone\hl2.exe"
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 05:10:22 PM by Pepsifan04 »

Offline Counter-Life™

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #432 on: April 11, 2015, 04:33:12 PM »

You have to add the start parameters next to the path. So not inside the "" but instead outside of it.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 05:10:41 PM by Pepsifan04 »

Offline SentinelNR

« Reply #433 on: April 11, 2015, 04:41:53 PM »

Oh, ok... like this?
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\sourcemods\Smod Standalone\hl2.exe" -console

Yesh! It works :D thanks ^^
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 05:11:03 PM by Pepsifan04 »

Offline Admen4e

• Admen4e has no influence.
« Reply #434 on: April 17, 2015, 04:04:22 PM »
Mod is working good,but i like to ask one question,why that mod is not showing on Steam Library ?