Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

* CLIENTS SECTION RULES

This section is for CLIENTS (Full SMOD Releases) ONLY.
You may create a new topic in this area to release your SMOD Mod. If you post anything off-topic here you will be temp-banned. This is so you don't hassle the moderators too much, they are volunteers.

If you need help with a mod, post a reply in its thread. Do not start a new topic for help here!

Please use good taste when releasing your mod. Adding 30 custom weapons from the release archive into SMOD Redux and then releasing as your own mod will be frowned upon.  :(

Author Topic: SMOD Standalone 0.65  (Read 194525 times)

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
Re: SMOD Standalone 0.65
« Reply #435 on: April 17, 2015, 05:40:20 PM »
Mod is working good,but i like to ask one question,why that mod is not showing on Steam Library ?

Because it dosen't use Steam. However, you can add the hl2.exe as a non-steam game and add the command lines by clicking on properties and add command lines there.

Offline CryoDragon

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • CryoDragon has no influence.
« Reply #436 on: April 22, 2015, 03:28:49 PM »
What does the CS:S addon do?
It's not explained in the main post.

Offline Counter-Life™

• Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #437 on: April 22, 2015, 06:19:33 PM »
What does the CS:S addon do?
It's not explained in the main post.

Basically it extracts the CS:S .vpk contents so you can use them in SMOD.

Means you can launch CS:S maps without having missing textures or models.

Offline CryoDragon

• CryoDragon has no influence.
« Reply #438 on: May 03, 2015, 09:22:17 PM »

Does it allow you to use CS:S weapons?

Offline Counter-Life™

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #439 on: May 04, 2015, 12:18:55 PM »

Does it allow you to use CS:S weapons?

Not exactly, but you can use the weapon models for custom weapons.

Offline Stracker

• Stracker has no influence.
« Reply #440 on: May 14, 2015, 10:40:30 AM »
Hello everyone !
Posting here as I'm having problems installing smod standalone, the goal is playing smod_redux but smod 40a already isn't working so I'm asking for help
The install seems to run fine but once I start the game, the main menu is invisible and the background seems to have shifted to the right, leaving a black bar on the left of the screen...

I can interact with the menus, but I get default "#something" on half the buttons and the ui is bright purple instead of gray.
Finally, after blindly pushing buttons I got to the new game screen, started chapter 1, but the game crashed to desktop after about 30s of loading...

I tried running both smod standalone.exe, the installer and hl2.exe as administrator without success. Both Source SDK 2006 and HL2 have been installed and launched at least once, both ran fine. Both had the cache verified too.

Would anyone have any insight on the matter ?

EDIT : Looked at it a bit more and finally fixed it, the installation was failing somehow and wasn't copying every file needed from the vpks, so I did the copying myself, it fixed most of the problems, I could load the first level and play correctly !
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 03:42:39 PM by Stracker »

Offline Lagtacular

• Lagtacular has no influence.
« Reply #441 on: July 03, 2015, 03:14:44 AM »
Hello,

Simple question. How do you access the options (Such as to use the FEAR bullet time instead of the normal, or what game mode to use, and the like?)

Thank you.

Offline Counter-Life™

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #442 on: July 03, 2015, 07:49:12 AM »
Hello,

Simple question. How do you access the options (Such as to use the FEAR bullet time instead of the normal, or what game mode to use, and the like?)

Thank you.
You will have to use the console commands for that.

Alternatively, you can also use OMS's custom menu, which adds most of these options to the menu.

http://bsnooch.com/forums/index.php?topic=71.0

Offline LaughingMan008

• LaughingMan008 has no influence.
« Reply #443 on: July 21, 2015, 04:20:59 AM »
In the first post you mentioned there may be ways of getting HL2: Episode 2 stuff like maps and HDR working in SMOD. And that some had been tried and worked but were real unstable. I was wondering about all that. Like, what those methods were and what some others might be. I apologize if this has been asked before. I read through the thread and didn't find anything, but I might have just missed it. Again, apologies if this is settled and I'm wasting time and forum space. Thank you for reading this, and thanks for the GREAT Standalone mod!

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #444 on: July 21, 2015, 08:18:12 AM »
There WERE methods to add support for EP2 entities, but it was very unreliable and was very map specific.
So finally, those "features" has been removed to increase engine stability, and performance by using ep2 exe file (hl2.exe)

Also, props for reading for reading through all those posts :)
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline zomBkillar

• zomBkillar has no influence.
« Reply #445 on: July 21, 2015, 10:24:39 AM »
I need help, every time i launch a mod, the menu is black, and any option clicked on is just pink mistextured. Ive made a video showing this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF2SYueG2eY
I really want to play these mods, please help!

Offline LaughingMan008

• LaughingMan008 has no influence.
« Reply #446 on: July 22, 2015, 12:32:51 AM »
Oh, I see. Thanks!
I was just curious. Your mod is epic and fantastic and I'm more than happy with it, but some way of getting Episode 2 stuff to work reliably with it would make it perfect. There's finally a few really good Episode 2 mods and things that would go well with it. Thanks again for making it. Just being able to play CSS Sci Fi again is tremendous.

Offline zomBkillar

• zomBkillar has no influence.
« Reply #447 on: July 25, 2015, 07:54:15 AM »
Ok, i found out how to look at the console and it says im missing "Vgui" textures. Any fixes?

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #448 on: July 26, 2015, 10:07:52 AM »
Ok, i found out how to look at the console and it says im missing "Vgui" textures. Any fixes?
My best guess would be that the standalone didn't install/extract all the files properly, remove the Smod Standalone folder from your Sourcemods and try again, run the installer with admin rights and make sure it's (the installer OFC) in sourcemos folder.
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Ruzar

• Ruzar has no influence.
« Reply #449 on: July 27, 2015, 01:07:18 AM »
Once again I have a problem with source sdk 2006 that is tormenting me with every mod.
In troubleshooting,pepsifan said to launch at least once half life 2 and that damn source sdk,but when i launch it,an error pops up saying "hl2.exe has stopped working".
I remember that I posted this problem on "We Create Stuff" forum,and Mxthe posted a some solution for this but now I can't find this post anywhere.