Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

* CLIENTS SECTION RULES

This section is for CLIENTS (Full SMOD Releases) ONLY.
You may create a new topic in this area to release your SMOD Mod. If you post anything off-topic here you will be temp-banned. This is so you don't hassle the moderators too much, they are volunteers.

If you need help with a mod, post a reply in its thread. Do not start a new topic for help here!

Please use good taste when releasing your mod. Adding 30 custom weapons from the release archive into SMOD Redux and then releasing as your own mod will be frowned upon.  :(

Author Topic: SMOD Standalone 0.65  (Read 174845 times)

Offline Pepsifan04

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
Re: SMOD Standalone 0.65
« Reply #450 on: July 27, 2015, 05:24:04 PM »
I don't really know, try defragmenting "game" cache, or removing  source sdk 2006 and installing it again.
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Ruzar

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Ruzar has no influence.
« Reply #451 on: July 27, 2015, 06:15:46 PM »
Yeah,tried it about three times and nothing.I had this problem on win xp,now I have it on win 7.
Thanks for reply

Offline Ruzar

• Ruzar has no influence.
« Reply #452 on: July 30, 2015, 12:46:12 AM »
Ok I fixed this by completely disabling Windows DEP,Smod launched and I had the same problem as Stracker but after some retries installer extracted everything without problem. Finally I can play this awesome mod  ;D
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 11:56:40 PM by Ruzar »

Offline zomBkillar

• zomBkillar has no influence.
« Reply #453 on: August 01, 2015, 03:37:05 PM »
Ive just reinstalled the game and i had the same error. Here is what the console said -

[Server] Load additional contents
Both ConVars must be marked FCVAR_REPLICATED for linkage to work (scene_print)
maxplayers set to 1
Heap: 256.00 Mb
Unknown token: $boxsize 0.4
Unknown token: $boxcolor 31 31 31 127
Unknown token: $boxsize 0.4
Unknown token: $boxcolor 31 31 31 127
Unknown token: $clearmessage GAMESAVING
Unknown token: $clearmessage 0
Unknown token: $boxsize 0.0
Parsed 26 text messages
Parent cvar in server.dll not allowed (smod_footstepvolume)
[Client] Load additional contents
--- Missing Vgui material
execing config.cfg
Can't use cheat cvar cam_command in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar dsp_dist_max in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar dsp_dist_min in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar r_ambientfraction in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
8 CPUs, Frequency: 2.8 Ghz,  Features: GenuineIntel SSE SSE2 MMX RDTSC CMOV FCMOV
execing valve.rc

Any fixes?

Offline zomBkillar

• zomBkillar has no influence.
« Reply #454 on: August 01, 2015, 05:34:14 PM »
Fixed. Problem, started VPKextract.bat instead of waiting for extractor to finish

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
  • +67% chance to make useful post
  • Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #455 on: August 03, 2015, 06:37:32 PM »
So I think there's a save game corruption issue with SMOD Standalone.

In certain maps in the HL2 campaign (d1_canals_08 especially), any saves made in that map will crash the game when attempting to load them. This issue tends to happen when playing through several maps until reaching the offending one rather than just loading the map in console.

Strangely, loading a save from a earlier map and then making saves on the one where this issue happened seems to work fine. I've found no other ways to fix this issue. I suspect it has something to do with the EP2 .exe used in standalone, but can't confirm.

Offline minmi96

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.
    • www.titsassesanddicks.cum
« Reply #456 on: August 05, 2015, 07:33:55 AM »
Hey is it possible to get SMOD2 working with this?

Let's Get Some Pussy Tonight.

Offline Comrade

• Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #457 on: August 05, 2015, 09:02:57 AM »
Hey is it possible to get SMOD2 working with this?

I don't think so. SMOD2 is Source 2007.

Offline FreeKill

• FreeKill barely matters.FreeKill barely matters.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #458 on: August 08, 2015, 05:06:17 AM »
Not having any problems with this, but is there any way to make it windows borderless? I like having that functionality.

Offline BlackAdder719

• BlackAdder719 has no influence.
« Reply #459 on: September 09, 2015, 09:15:33 AM »
Hi i'm new, first of all I wanna say thank you guys for supporting smod, so many hours spent in past with this and I'd like to spend some other now  8) I tried to follow all of your instruction to make this work, everything seems to be fine but when I start smod tactical from the standalone I reach the menu screen but just with a black or white screen. I hear the music and the sounds of the menu voices when I pass with the mouse over, everything is up to date and I don't know where am I wrong. Please help me! Thanks and, again, thanks to pepsifan and all the people who are supporting this mod!  ;)

Offline BlackAdder719

« Reply #460 on: September 13, 2015, 09:00:59 PM »
any update??? :o ??? :'(

Offline Pepsifan04

• Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #461 on: September 13, 2015, 09:33:25 PM »
Good thing you bumped this one, I forgot about it...

Here: https://mega.nz/#!oR1BURaK!Isf6PsOLxAAnHYNodPu93ad4OrvOABDy7T8sXDaI8Og
It's a black screen fix I'm planning to add to the next release, it might work for you, it might not, just give me and update once you're done ;)
Cheers!
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline BlackAdder719

« Reply #462 on: September 14, 2015, 03:22:43 PM »
Hi Pepsifan! thanks for your response! I've added those folders like shader ecc.. in the "\Steam\SteamApps\sourcemods\Smod Standalone\SDKBase" path is that correct? I'm sorry to inform you that for me it doesn't work :'( :-[ :( after the valve loading video I can see the wallpaper of the smod tactical or the smod with the standalone but after 1 second it turns into black and I just see the mouse arrow and the menu music! Hope to figure it out something  :'(

EDIT

Pepsifan, you're my saviour!!! Now it seems working!!!! weeeee finally!! I was wrong before because I put the contents of shaders folder into SDKBase folder instead of the whole shader folder! I try to play it and I let you know  8) thanks thanks thanks for keeping support this mods!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 05:31:59 PM by BlackAdder719 »

Offline FreeKill

• FreeKill barely matters.FreeKill barely matters.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #463 on: September 14, 2015, 11:14:44 PM »
Hey Pepsi, any plans for a DOD:S addon?

Offline Windstar

• Windstar has no influence.
« Reply #464 on: September 17, 2015, 12:56:19 AM »
Everytime I try to play Smod40q or Smod redux final, it gives me this error message

"Failed to load the launcher DLL:

The Specified Module could not be found."

Can someone please give me some troubleshooting tips?  :'(