Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

* CLIENTS SECTION RULES

This section is for CLIENTS (Full SMOD Releases) ONLY.
You may create a new topic in this area to release your SMOD Mod. If you post anything off-topic here you will be temp-banned. This is so you don't hassle the moderators too much, they are volunteers.

If you need help with a mod, post a reply in its thread. Do not start a new topic for help here!

Please use good taste when releasing your mod. Adding 30 custom weapons from the release archive into SMOD Redux and then releasing as your own mod will be frowned upon.  :(

Author Topic: SMOD Standalone 0.65  (Read 190590 times)

Offline Noobplayer151

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Noobplayer151 has no influence.
Re: SMOD Standalone 0.65
« Reply #480 on: February 14, 2016, 10:09:53 AM »
When i get to the end of the water hazard chapter it crashes.Is there a fix?

BTW im new to bsnooch
Welcome to BSNOOCH.

Does it crash during the chopper fight or when the level changes to Black Mesa East?
It crashes when the level changes to Black Mesa East.

Offline Noobplayer151

« Reply #481 on: February 14, 2016, 10:29:17 AM »
When I play the game and my character dies in any were in water hazard and I try to load a saved game the game crash's gives me "hl2.exe has stopped working" any help please this is smod tactical project life
Enable the console on the menu and type disable_autosave 1,it wont crash anymore but it will disable the autosaves meaning your game can be lost forever if you don't save on a part.

Offline Monkatraz

• +4% chance to make useful post
  • Monkatraz has no influence.
« Reply #482 on: February 15, 2016, 02:14:00 AM »

BTW im new to bsnooch
Welcome to BSNOOCH.

Does it crash during the chopper fight or when the level changes to Black Mesa East?

I seem to vaguely remember a crash at Black Mesa East due to HDR. Maybe you could try copying the SMOD 40AQ maps that come with standalone into that mod and see if it fixes it.
MLG

Offline Noobplayer151

« Reply #483 on: February 16, 2016, 12:28:32 PM »

BTW im new to bsnooch
Welcome to BSNOOCH.

I seem to vaguely remember a crash at Black Mesa East due to HDR. Maybe you could try copying the SMOD 40AQ maps that come with standalone into that mod and see if it fixes it.
Im not using another mod,im using smod40AQ

Offline EDFKittens

• EDFKittens has no influence.
« Reply #484 on: February 17, 2016, 08:48:46 PM »
Having an issue actually installing this.

1. Installed all the HL2 games inc episodes 1 & 2 + LC and ran them once
2. Installed SDK 2006 & ran it once
3. Placed the installer in steamapps/sourcemods and ran it.

It extracts all the assets required then fails to copy them (access denied) error and then completes and says its successful.

Where exactly is it trying to move the assets to so i can do it manually as valve has fixed the vpk issue that resulted in the standalone been created..
Using the installer in the first post, and noticed it has alot of typos, eg says Stanalone.exe and Standalone 0.56 instead of 0.65...

/e: Yes im running it as administrator.

/e2: nvm figured it out, your launcher runs a batchscript which fucked up due to symlinks & i'd forgotten i'd symlinked the sourcemods folder to my storage drive so it was looking for X:/Steamlibray/common/half-life 2 when it didnt exist instead of C:/.....common/half-life-2
Fixed just by installing the games to the drive i wanted them to go to in the first place.....

Simply the .exe which ran from C:/...steamapps/sourcemods created a .bat file which then ran itself from the symlinked directory X:/SteamApps/Sourcemods which gave it incorrect pathing.. why couldnt you just drop the copypaste .bat in the same folder you dropped the "new" vpk file >_________>
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 09:19:15 PM by EDFKittens »

Offline Noobplayer151

« Reply #485 on: March 05, 2016, 10:32:45 AM »
Anyone who haves the problem with SMOD 40A or any SMOD without a menu just the background,just download the SMOD menu system from here http://bsnooch.com/forums/index.php?topic=71.0

Offline nitro_hedgehog

• nitro_hedgehog has no influence.
« Reply #486 on: April 08, 2016, 07:05:39 PM »
my main issue is the "dll" launcher f***off gig when attempting to use the mod launcher, this occurs in all instances, when attempting to launch SMOD40aq, SMODRedux_Final and even the little hl2 application within the files.

I already have both the Standalone and redux installed accordingly.

HL2 is installed and has been played once

HL2 Lost Coast is installed and has not been played

HL2 Deathmatch is installed and has not been played

Source SDK 2006 is installed and has been played as much as the stress test can be played.

What am I possibly missing here?

Is this additional bit required: http://www.moddb.com/mods/smod/downloads/smod-redux-10v2-steam-fix ?
i did all of this plus the suggestions of reinstalling under admin privileges.

i made sure everything it needed was on the same HDD

i still get the laucher dll missing error.

i give up. i do not know what else to try.

Offline GOODGOOD

• GOODGOOD has no influence.
« Reply #487 on: April 16, 2016, 11:27:19 AM »
Purple Checkers on the pipe on Route Canals under the stairs where the Katana is And Purple Checkers on the pistol, Arms, Playermodel is like cloacked i need textures, models, and help. Note: that This happens to my SMOD40AQ

Offline cpulvl

• cpulvl has no influence.
« Reply #488 on: May 19, 2016, 03:42:08 PM »
my main issue is the "dll" launcher f***off gig when attempting to use the mod launcher, this occurs in all instances, when attempting to launch SMOD40aq, SMODRedux_Final and even the little hl2 application within the files.

Source SDK 2006 is installed and has been played as much as the stress test can be played.

Is this additional bit required: http://www.moddb.com/mods/smod/downloads/smod-redux-10v2-steam-fix ?

I had to install my Source SKD 2006 on my c drive into the program files\steam folder.
It was somewhere else in my library on a different drive and the smod installer could not find it

Offline matt71490

• matt71490 has no influence.
« Reply #489 on: September 10, 2016, 03:53:39 PM »

I had to install my Source SKD 2006 on my c drive into the program files\steam folder.
It was somewhere else in my library on a different drive and the smod installer could not find it
I am experiencing the same issue. No matter what I try, I can't get smod40a or any other standalone mod to work.

EDIT: so on my tenth or so attempt at installing the mod, I noticed that the final time the console opens to copy files over, it reads out lots of "denied" messages. I was running it as administrator, so I have no idea what the issue is. so I just copied over all my source sdk base 2006\bin .dlls and it worked! Well, up until the loading screen at least, then it crashed to desktop. maybe I copied over too many files? either way, I feel like a plain .zip of the folders as opposed to the installer could fix the problems I (and others) are having.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 04:34:35 PM by matt71490 »

Offline Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • Chr0n0Tr!gg3r has no influence.
« Reply #490 on: September 10, 2016, 07:49:33 PM »
Hey Pepsi, are you still working on this? SirMasters and I have been struggling for the past week to get lua working in SMOD but as it stands it's too unstable and barely works half of the time.

Also is there any chance you can port SirMaster's current progress on updating SMOD to the latest engine to Standalone while keeping all of SMOD's current features intact?

Offline sirmasters

• +5% chance to make useful post
  • sirmasters barely matters.sirmasters barely matters.
    • My Twitter (My Forums are inactive at the moment)
« Reply #491 on: September 11, 2016, 02:51:07 PM »
Hey Pepsi, are you still working on this? SirMasters and I have been struggling for the past week to get lua working in SMOD but as it stands it's too unstable and barely works half of the time.

Also is there any chance you can port SirMaster's current progress on updating SMOD to the latest engine to Standalone while keeping all of SMOD's current features intact?

There is no code of SMOD available though, only thing close is SMMOD's code, and that wouldn't work at all. Pepsi only works on the launcher to get SMOD working as far I know and not the actual mod itself.
._. I love coffee.

Offline AlexThePipe

• AlexThePipe has no influence.
« Reply #492 on: November 07, 2016, 01:36:59 AM »
Reinstalled this after I got a new computer and had to do a factory reset a while back (I'm sure a lucky fella). My UI is missing resources, but I don't know how. HL2 and Source 2006 is installed properly, could it be the OS?

Offline AlexThePipe

• AlexThePipe has no influence.
« Reply #493 on: November 08, 2016, 01:18:09 PM »
Problem has been solved, ran the installation executable as an administrator. I am sorry, I didn't look into the thread that closely to see if anyone had the same problem.

Offline Gabn

• Gabn has no influence.
« Reply #494 on: February 24, 2017, 04:16:20 PM »
Hey guys i'd like a way to add the console with an european keyboard like a video on how to because i didn't really understood how to do it with your help pepsifan please guys help me (Im french by the way)