Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

* CLIENTS SECTION RULES

This section is for CLIENTS (Full SMOD Releases) ONLY.
You may create a new topic in this area to release your SMOD Mod. If you post anything off-topic here you will be temp-banned. This is so you don't hassle the moderators too much, they are volunteers.

If you need help with a mod, post a reply in its thread. Do not start a new topic for help here!

Please use good taste when releasing your mod. Adding 30 custom weapons from the release archive into SMOD Redux and then releasing as your own mod will be frowned upon.  :(

Author Topic: SMOD Standalone 0.65  (Read 190246 times)

Offline LivingWithGames

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • LivingWithGames has no influence.
Re: SMOD Standalone 0.30
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2014, 05:35:13 PM »
Alright.

Offline TheGuy

• TheGuy has no influence.
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2014, 06:53:12 PM »
Hello, I created an account here to ask one question. If you were to extract Episode 2's content, would you be able to play SMod 2? Anyway, thanks for making this.

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2014, 06:55:43 PM »
Hello, I created an account here to ask one question. If you were to extract Episode 2's content, would you be able to play SMod 2? Anyway, thanks for making this.

Nice username

The license says that you can't. When pepsifan comes over here, he'll explain it to you.

But technically yes, that should be possible.

Offline Pepsifan04

• Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2014, 10:10:44 PM »
SMOD 2 is broken??? I didn't know that.

In theory, yes. but you'll get no official support from me or anyone else from Dev.muffin if you do that.
Not right now anyway.
(even if this is basically SMOD)

And about the license:
We didn't make this to warez/pirate source games, that's why license is so strict about using it only for SMOD40aq and SMOD40aq mods.
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Nigbone

• Nigbone has no influence.
« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2014, 11:19:44 PM »
I put CSS SCI FI into the root folder but I have no clue how to work the shortcut, even after reading the tutorial. A little help?

Offline Major Muffins

• Major Muffins has no influence.
« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2014, 11:30:21 PM »
I tried this tutorial: http://bsnooch.com/forums/index.php?topic=1270.0 to get CSS SCI FI 3 working but you still spawn in the game with no weapons, HUD, or with enemies.

Offline Ghost-Eliter212

• Ghost-Eliter212 has no influence.
« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2014, 04:47:09 PM »
Please Help me! Okay so i have been having trouble with smod realism and then iwe gott a suggestion about this but then i downloaded and i had ekespted the terms. I started the download or to star intallation but im getting this massage:  Cant find C:/Users/myname/downloads/../common/half-life 2/bin/vpk.exe Check that you have the right name and try aigan) Help! Please Reply!

Offline Comrade

• Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2014, 04:50:40 PM »
Please Help me! Okay so i have been having trouble with smod realism and then iwe gott a suggestion about this but then i downloaded and i had ekespted the terms. I started the download or to star intallation but im getting this massage:  Cant find C:/Users/myname/downloads/../common/half-life 2/bin/vpk.exe Check that you have the right name and try aigan) Help! Please Reply!

Cracked HL2?

Offline Ghost-Eliter212

• Ghost-Eliter212 has no influence.
« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2014, 05:07:06 PM »

Cracked HL2?

Nope but i just had to click ok and ok like 6 times and then it worked:D But how do you use this on other mods? Like smod tactical or smod realism??

Offline Comrade

« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2014, 05:33:30 PM »

Cracked HL2?

Nope but i just had to click ok and ok like 6 times and then it worked:D But how do you use this on other mods? Like smod tactical or smod realism??

Read the thread from the start.

Offline Pepsifan04

• Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2014, 08:47:58 PM »
Update your Half-Life 2 to latest version via steam, it comes with vpk.exe which, in your case, is missing... BECAUSE IT'S NOT UPDATED
Also you need to have "Source SDK" and "Source SDK base 2006" ( both are free FYI)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 08:53:58 PM by Pepsifan04 »
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline SnakeEyebrows

• SnakeEyebrows has no influence.
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2014, 07:56:29 PM »
Well I've downloaded the installer, but it appears to be having trouble finding the VPK.exe that should be inside the Half-Life 2 bin folder.

I've installed and updated everything to make the mod work, so I'm somewhat stumped here. However after clicking "ok" several times the installer goes ahead and installs the mod; but now the shortcut can't find the hl2.exe file and run the mod properly.

I not sure if the issues are connected, so some help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Loving the work you've put in! I never figure i'd be back playing around with Smod since the last few crippling updates.

EDIT: Fixed the problem! I forgot to put the installer in "sourcemods"
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 09:03:42 PM by SnakeEyebrows »

Offline Manfrred

• Manfrred has no influence.
« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2014, 11:53:08 AM »
I have a problem with installing SMOD redux. I put it inside SMOD standalone root folder, i modified addcontensts, and gameinfo. It launches normally, displays SMOD redux options in main menu, and looks ok. However, when I click any of the options, it displays a long list of missing scenes. I tried loading the first chapter, and everything was fine, except for the fact, that npc's didn't talk and move. Can somebody tell me what am I doing wrong?

Offline Comrade

« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2014, 12:27:12 PM »
I have a problem with installing SMOD redux. I put it inside SMOD standalone root folder, i modified addcontensts, and gameinfo. It launches normally, displays SMOD redux options in main menu, and looks ok. However, when I click any of the options, it displays a long list of missing scenes. I tried loading the first chapter, and everything was fine, except for the fact, that npc's didn't talk and move. Can somebody tell me what am I doing wrong?

Could be a problem with SMOD now using Orange Box for all we know.

Offline Manfrred

• Manfrred has no influence.
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2014, 01:49:06 PM »

Could be a problem with SMOD now using Orange Box for all we know.

So it turns out that SMOD redux is unplayable?