Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

* CLIENTS SECTION RULES

This section is for CLIENTS (Full SMOD Releases) ONLY.
You may create a new topic in this area to release your SMOD Mod. If you post anything off-topic here you will be temp-banned. This is so you don't hassle the moderators too much, they are volunteers.

If you need help with a mod, post a reply in its thread. Do not start a new topic for help here!

Please use good taste when releasing your mod. Adding 30 custom weapons from the release archive into SMOD Redux and then releasing as your own mod will be frowned upon.  :(

Author Topic: SMOD: FIREFIGHT (Public Alpha 1.6.0)  (Read 16405 times)

Offline Bitl

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.
Re: SMOD: FIREFIGHT
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2014, 08:17:58 PM »
Wonderful.

BTW, why not check out my red dot smg1 mdl here http://www.mediafire.com/download/f1cbputx4auc8ce/smg1.zip if you use default hl2 smg1 weapon.
Updated on the basis of Onemanshow's awesome hl2 fixed model, this new smg1 MDL features a unique "reverse" use of Real Time Scope alpha setting and the Valve's neat animated scroll texture, ensuring the Red dot Sight to be waaaay more realistic than any other... Damn, commercials.
Anyway, modify it the way you want. If you really want it.
I thought the SMG already had a red dot sight?
FIREFIGHT RELOADED: GET IT NOW ON STEAM! http://store.steampowered.com/app/397680

crack tales, ooo-ooo

My Blog

"They are rage, brutal, without mercy. But you. You will be worse. Rip and tear, until it is don

Offline gpgpgpgp

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • gpgpgpgp has no influence.
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2014, 03:45:21 AM »
The original red dot is hard to aim with ironsight.
And you can see the dot when you're even not aiming down the sight. This is weird.

Offline Bitl

• Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2014, 09:45:44 AM »
1.4.0 is now released!

1.4.0 (release 5, version Public Alpha)
- Added a perk/reward system for killing rare enemies. Perks have a 1 in 2 chance of spawning.
- Re-balanced ammo packs so they are not all over the place. Weapons will now only spawn ONCE at a time.
- Changed the amount of game startup tracks from 25 to 15.
- The HUD now displays your previous kill count, and how many deaths you had.
- Added a new secondary gamemode: HARDCORE!
- Added 2 new HARDCORE missions on Combine Firefight and Xen Invasion.
- Added a new weapon: the STUNSTICK!
- Items will now respawn every 3 minutes instead of 5 minutes.
- Fixed a bug where the item respawning timer will not loop.
- The SVD/Combine Sniper Rifle is now much easier to use.
- Nerfed the normal health limit from 650 to 500.
- Changed the sounds of the AK47 and the Shotgun to their Half-Life 2 Beta counterparts.
- Added old AR2 sounds from SMOD35.
- Added the song from the Half-Life 2 E3 2003 trailer.

Download:

Mirror 1 (Dropbox): https://www.dropbox.com/s/qkelcjkgwyny6uc/SMOD%20FIREFIGHT%20Public%20Alpha%201.4.0.rar
Mirror 1 (Dropbox, Direct Download): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/81688479/SMODFIREFIGHT/clients/SMOD%20FIREFIGHT%20Public%20Alpha%201.4.0.rar

I also have to talk about 1.5 a little bit as it might include one of the biggest changes to SMOD: FIREFIGHT: Re-balancing maps.

What does this mean? Well, this means that some maps will be removed if they don't answer "yes" to these questions:

- Is the map good for the main mode?
- Is the map fun to play on with that main mode?
- If the map has a gamemode on it, does the gamemode enhance the experience in some way?

Why I needed to do this is because SMOD only accepts up to 38 chapters, which means I might change some stuff around a bit.

Of course, I am considering on adding both dm_runoff and dm_underpass to this new patch, as well as a bunch of other things I'm planning.
FIREFIGHT RELOADED: GET IT NOW ON STEAM! http://store.steampowered.com/app/397680

crack tales, ooo-ooo

My Blog

"They are rage, brutal, without mercy. But you. You will be worse. Rip and tear, until it is don

Offline Bitl

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2014, 06:19:27 AM »
So I have finally worked on SMOD: Firefight after about 3 weeks. Here's a sneak preview of what is coming soon to SMOD: FIREFIGHT!

crack tales, ooo-ooo

My Blog

Offline Bitl

Re: SMOD: FIREFIGHT (Public Alpha 1.5.0)
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2014, 01:06:41 AM »
After 3 weeks of delays and personal things. SMOD FIREFIGHT 1.5.0 is finally released!

1.5.0 Changelog:
- Maps are now completely re-balanced. What this means is that some maps are removed because they didn't really fit the main mode and how it works. Other maps have been replaced by their respective gamemode versions.
- Changed hs_torrent and cf_overwatch to be Double Trouble missions.
- Current (not new) chapters are now categorized from A to Z, allowing you to find your favorite Main Mode, Gamemode and map faster and easier.
- Changed the boltpull/reload sound on the AK47 back to the SMOD40 sounds instead of the Half-Life 2 Beta sounds.
- Chapter names are now reformatted, meaning that they list the map, Main Mode and Gamemode name nicer.
- You can now add custom maps by moving your custom maps to the "maps/custom" directory.
- For each enemy you kill, you get a form of currency called "Kash" (Kill Cash).
   - Normal Enemy: 1-2 Kash
   - Rare Enemy: 3-5 Kash
   - More features using this currency will be released soon.
- Added a new main mode named "ZOMBIE SURVIVAL 2"
- Added a new gamemode named "REALISM" (HARDCORE version coming soon!)
- Added a new DOUBLE TROUBLE mission on ZOMBIE SURVIVAL 2.
- Added a new REALISM mission on CONBINE FIREFIGHT.
- Added the SMOD Zombie (npc_zombie2) to the console's auto-complete list.
- Added the SMOD Zombie to FIREFIGHT RUMBLE.
- Added the final map from Half-Life 2: Deathmatch: DM_Runoff!

crack tales, ooo-ooo

My Blog

Offline Bitl

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2014, 03:58:14 AM »
Hello everyone.

Here's a little update for what is going on with SMOD: FIREFIGHT. The mod is not dead, it is just on hiatus for now.

So, unless you lived in a cave, Pepsifan04 recently updated his SMOD STANDALONE to 0.65. This means that any new user that downloads the mod will not be able to get the mod to work correctly unless you modify the files. The next version of SMOD: FIREFIGHT will have support for SMOD STANDALONE 0.65, but you guys might have to wait a little bit for it to come out. But when the update comes out, it will be worth the wait, as I have planned a bunch of new features (even since 1.5.0 I have been planning, so this might be 1.5.0 part 2 in some cases).

For now, I recommend using SMOD STANDALONE 0.30 at this time untill 1.6.0 is released or a fix is made.

crack tales, ooo-ooo

My Blog

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2014, 07:29:42 AM »
Hello everyone.

Here's a little update for what is going on with SMOD: FIREFIGHT. The mod is not dead, it is just on hiatus for now.

So, unless you lived in a cave, Pepsifan04 recently updated his SMOD STANDALONE to 0.65. This means that any new user that downloads the mod will not be able to get the mod to work correctly unless you modify the files. The next version of SMOD: FIREFIGHT will have support for SMOD STANDALONE 0.65, but you guys might have to wait a little bit for it to come out. But when the update comes out, it will be worth the wait, as I have planned a bunch of new features (even since 1.5.0 I have been planning, so this might be 1.5.0 part 2 in some cases).

For now, I recommend using SMOD STANDALONE 0.30 at this time untill 1.6.0 is released or a fix is made.
well...
I'm going to make a pack of smod-patches for already existing smods, to make conversion of them easier for non-experienced users.
If you'll agree I can make also patch for your smod
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Bitl

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2014, 12:24:48 AM »
Hello everyone.

well...
I'm going to make a pack of smod-patches for already existing smods, to make conversion of them easier for non-experienced users.
If you'll agree I can make also patch for your smod
Sure! Of course when 1.6.0 comes out the patch would be already added to the mod, but for now that would be cool.

crack tales, ooo-ooo

My Blog

Offline Bitl

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2014, 02:34:53 PM »
So, here's some news: 1.6.0 is still in development, but I would ike to talk to you all about the future of SMOD: FIREFIGHT.

When 1.6.0 releases, Facepunch users will have a chance to play the mod in its entirety, and the mod will have its own profile page on ModDB as well!

However, there is something else that is lurking in the shadows. No, it isn't your black cat sneaking around the halls. No, it isn't that pet bat you have that's flying around the house. It's something much different, and I would like to announce it soo-[ERROR CODE 404: POST NOT AVAILABLE OR COMPLETED. DISPLAYING POST BACKUP IMAGE #1405.]

[TASK COMPLETED.]
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 02:42:19 PM by Bitl »

crack tales, ooo-ooo

My Blog

Offline gpgpgpgp

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • gpgpgpgp has no influence.
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2014, 06:20:12 AM »
Wonderful, from the pic, I read BSNOOCH, STARCRAFT and ARMA roughly at the same! This MOD is Going to be MARVELLOUS!!! XD
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 06:22:48 AM by gpgpgpgp »

Offline Bitl

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2014, 11:53:47 PM »
Wonderful, from the pic, I read BSNOOCH, STARCRAFT and ARMA roughly at the same! This MOD is Going to be MARVELLOUS!!! XD
But it doesn't have to do with any of those...

crack tales, ooo-ooo

My Blog

Offline Bitl

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2014, 09:20:23 PM »
[MESSAGE 1: NEED TO DISPLAY DATE RECOVERY AS A REQUIREMENT BY BITL. DISPLAYING ERROR IMAGE]

[TASK COMPLETED.]
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 09:25:15 PM by Bitl »

crack tales, ooo-ooo

My Blog

Offline Bitl

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2014, 09:24:30 PM »
-snip-

crack tales, ooo-ooo

My Blog

Offline Bitl

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2015, 07:16:17 PM »
Here's a little update on SMOD:FIREFIGHT-it's dead.

Just kidding, it's just on hiatus right now until FIREFIGHT RELOADED and SURVIVOR are finished or I have some free time. I plan on adding some brand new stuff like the Flamethrower, Flare Gun and a brand new gamemode: WAVE SURVIVAL!

crack tales, ooo-ooo

My Blog

Offline Bitl

Re: SMOD: FIREFIGHT (Public Alpha 1.6.0)
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2016, 02:33:19 AM »
Hello everyone.

Well, it's sad to say it but SMOD FIREFIGHT will no longer be actively supported by me. The reason is because I am way too busy working on other projects (FIREFIGHT RELOADED, SURVIVOR) and I don't find interest in the project that much anymore.

However, I have released what I have been working on. The things I have promised are not added in since I had no time to work on them. However, the biggest addition I feel is Sourcemod/Metamod: Source being added into the mod, allowing for the addition of more things beyond what the mapadd offers. This was originally going to be cut, but I left it in anyways.

Anyways, here is the changelog and download link. It was fun making this project, and I will always remember it as the reason why I got back into Source Engine coding for FIREFIGHT RELOADED, SURVIVOR, and beyond. Feel free to check out FIREFIGHT RELOADED on Steam if you want a actively updated mod like this one (with an upcoming multiplayer update and upcoming Workshop support). Cheers!  ;)

1.6.0 (release 7, version Public Alpha)
- The mod now supports SMOD Standalone 0.65's new folder format.
- Integrated Metamod: Source and Sourcemod + SMLib.
- Updated gamestartup16 (Docks from the Half-Life 2 E3 2003 trailer) to be full length
- Added 1 game startup song from Portal 2.
- Gave a new coat of paint to most Main Menu and VGUI elements.
- Added descriptions for graphics settings and player models.
- Adjusted the Pistol's ironsights a little bit.

Mirror 1 (Dropbox): https://www.dropbox.com/s/cnbgo30rj7ycbkp/SMOD%20FIREFIGHT%20Public%20Alpha%201.6.0.rar?dl=0
Mirror 1 (Dropbox, Direct Download): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/81688479/SMODFIREFIGHT/clients/SMOD%20FIREFIGHT%20Public%20Alpha%201.6.0.rar
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 02:35:03 AM by Bitl »

crack tales, ooo-ooo

My Blog