Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [BUG] I honestly have no idea.  (Read 6151 times)

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
Re: [BUG] I honestly have no idea.
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2014, 02:43:08 PM »
What exactly can you do with Sourcemod? What are the possibilities?

Offline Bitl

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2014, 07:34:05 PM »
You can do a LOT of things with Sourcemod. The possibilities are almost infinite. Here's just a percentage of what people can do in Sourcemod: https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?s=01df152e706b705ebce597845e6c92db&f=108
FIREFIGHT RELOADED: GET IT NOW ON STEAM! http://store.steampowered.com/app/397680

crack tales, ooo-ooo

My Blog

"They are rage, brutal, without mercy. But you. You will be worse. Rip and tear, until it is don

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2014, 08:17:38 PM »
You can do a LOT of things with Sourcemod. The possibilities are almost infinite. Here's just a percentage of what people can do in Sourcemod: https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?s=01df152e706b705ebce597845e6c92db&f=108

I've noticed that it's pretty much gamemode modifications and stuff like that, what I'm looking for is a bit more related to custom effects, more weapons, advanced animation functions like the gun tilting up when you are up close an object, and adding some more movement abilities like being able to go prone.

Offline gpgpgpgp

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • gpgpgpgp has no influence.
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2014, 11:47:19 PM »
Whoops, no. Sourcemod is not for that... No way for more weapons. No way to dynamically change the view model... (I Guess)
WE NEED SMOD SOURCE CODE TO DO THAT!

But wait, if by custom effects you mean some sparks and flames, yes it can do it.

Offline Bitl

• Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2014, 05:40:12 AM »
How did you guys get Sourcemod to load? I got Metamod: Source 1.10.2 running by force running it using the gameinfo.txt, but when Sourcemod 1.6.1 tries to load, I get this:

] meta list
Listing 1 plugin:
  [01] <FAILED>

I then tried to load the plugin using the "meta load" command, but it prints out this:

] meta load addons\sourcemod\bin\sourcemod_mm.dll
Failed to load plugin addons\sourcemod\bin\sourcemod_mm.dll (Could not find interface: PlayerInfoManager002).

I'm going to try older versions of Sourcemod until I get this working. If anyone wants to share their version of Sourcemod, please do so.  :)

EDIT: I got Sourcemod to work! All you have to do is go into a hex editor and open up sourcemod.1.ep1.dll located in Sourcemod's bin folder, then find all instances of PlayerInfoManager002 and change them to PlayerInfoManager001.

Sorry I meant to quote
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 09:49:03 AM by Pepsifan04 »
FIREFIGHT RELOADED: GET IT NOW ON STEAM! http://store.steampowered.com/app/397680

crack tales, ooo-ooo

My Blog

"They are rage, brutal, without mercy. But you. You will be worse. Rip and tear, until it is don

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2014, 09:49:37 AM »
How did you guys get Sourcemod to load? I got Metamod: Source 1.10.2 running by force running it using the gameinfo.txt, but when Sourcemod 1.6.1 tries to load, I get this:

] meta list
Listing 1 plugin:
  [01] <FAILED>

I then tried to load the plugin using the "meta load" command, but it prints out this:

Failed to load plugin addons\sourcemod\bin\sourcemod_mm.dll (Could not find interface: PlayerInfoManager002).

I'm going to try older versions of Sourcemod until I get this working. If anyone wants to share their version of Sourcemod, please do so.  :)

EDIT: I got Sourcemod to work! All you have to do is go into a hex editor and open up sourcemod.1.ep1.dll located in Sourcemod's bin folder, then find all instances of PlayerInfoManager002 and change them to PlayerInfoManager001.

I was going to help you, but I've see you solved that yourself :)
BTW. what's the point of adding a mod to a mod and making a mod?
Wouldn't it be easier to make everything from scratch on newer engine version?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 11:28:14 AM by Pepsifan04 »
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Bitl

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2014, 02:51:18 PM »

] meta list
Listing 1 plugin:
  [01] <FAILED>

I actually hope you have a better way of getting Sourcemod to work actually.  :P

crack tales, ooo-ooo

My Blog

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • +0% chance to make useful post
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2014, 05:28:28 PM »
Wouldn't it be easier to make everything from scratch on newer engine version?

We have all been waiting :)
SMMOD was the closest

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2014, 05:58:46 PM »

] meta list
Listing 1 plugin:
  [01] <FAILED>

I actually hope you have a better way of getting Sourcemod to work actually.  :P

You can run it on HL2:dm binaries
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Bitl

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2014, 06:36:37 PM »

] meta list
Listing 1 plugin:
  [01] <FAILED>

You can run it on HL2:dm binaries
How?

crack tales, ooo-ooo

My Blog