Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

* CLIENTS SECTION RULES

This section is for CLIENTS (Full SMOD Releases) ONLY.
You may create a new topic in this area to release your SMOD Mod. If you post anything off-topic here you will be temp-banned. This is so you don't hassle the moderators too much, they are volunteers.

If you need help with a mod, post a reply in its thread. Do not start a new topic for help here!

Please use good taste when releasing your mod. Adding 30 custom weapons from the release archive into SMOD Redux and then releasing as your own mod will be frowned upon.  :(

Author Topic: SMOD Redux - FINAL  (Read 43404 times)

Offline CryoDragon

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • CryoDragon has no influence.
Re: Redux - FINAL Patch 1.1
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2015, 08:58:51 PM »
Finally found the time to release a patch for a few issues. Because a "final" release isn't final when I have something to do with it. :P

Is there any way to change the recoil style on most of the weapons? all the new weapons added in this version of Redux have an annoying recoil that makes the screen jump upwards suddenly, this irritates my eyes, if there could be a console command or setting in the SMOD settings that changes this to the default HL2 style it would be much appreciated!

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
  • +67% chance to make useful post
  • Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!
Re: Redux - FINAL Patch 1.1
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2015, 09:33:41 PM »
Is there any way to change the recoil style on most of the weapons? all the new weapons added in this version of Redux have an annoying recoil that makes the screen jump upwards suddenly, this irritates my eyes, if there could be a console command or setting in the SMOD settings that changes this to the default HL2 style it would be much appreciated!

Not really. You would have to manually edit the recoil code for each custom weapon added by Redux (OICW, Garand, Colts, etc) and there's no way to make an easy toggle for that. And even if there was, there's no way to edit the stock SMOD40 weapons that use similar recoil settings (AK47, Kar98, etc) to what you want.

Offline ParalyzedTortoise

• ParalyzedTortoise has no influence.
Re: SMOD Redux - FINAL
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2015, 03:02:24 AM »
Hi, I've recently installed Redux and it's an AMAZING mod, but I have a slight issue. When I input the console command: impulse 101 (The one that gives you all the weapons) it doesn't give me an of the redux ones, only the base smod ones. IE: It gives me the AK, shovel, and Kar98K, but not the dual 1911s or any other non-base-smod weapons. Thanks.

Offline FreeKill

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2015, 05:47:14 AM »
Hi, I've recently installed Redux and it's an AMAZING mod, but I have a slight issue. When I input the console command: impulse 101 (The one that gives you all the weapons) it doesn't give me an of the redux ones, only the base smod ones. IE: It gives me the AK, shovel, and Kar98K, but not the dual 1911s or any other non-base-smod weapons. Thanks.

That's normal in any SMOD mod. There might be a autoexec to give you all the redux weapons in there, but I'm unsure.

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
  • Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2015, 06:36:48 PM »
Its impossible to change the impulse 101 command without access to the source code of SMOD. There's a new command "giveall" that will give you all available Redux weapons.

Offline ParalyzedTortoise

• ParalyzedTortoise has no influence.
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2015, 07:26:56 AM »
Hi, I've recently been having a problem with Smod where no matter what level i'm on, it'll crash. It seems whenever someone explodes, or I'm just in a firefight situation with npcs, the game will randomly crash, sometimes it'll work just fine though. The thing is, my PC should be more than enough to handle Smod (Gtx 760, 15-4690k, 16gb RAM) Sometimes, it seems to just crash at random, any idea of what might be causing this?

Offline The Carrousel

• The Carrousel has no influence.
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2015, 10:57:30 AM »
Anyone else getting a problem with "Failed to load the launcher DLL"? I've been looking for a solution, but I can't find one. I have everything I need, I've installed it correctly, I've verified game files, I've also tried editing the HL2 parameters and I've tried deleting the bin folder, yet it still gives me this same error when I try to launch the game from the SMOD standalone.exe. I've looked on this forum too, but no solution. Can anyone help?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 11:06:42 AM by The Carrousel »

Offline epicstuf

• epicstuf has no influence.
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2015, 03:08:03 PM »
Do you have Source Sdk Base 2006?

Offline The Carrousel

• The Carrousel has no influence.
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2015, 12:07:25 PM »
Yes, I have everything needed. But I fixed the problem anyway. Took me a while, but I fixed it.

Offline Lagtacular

• Lagtacular has no influence.
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2015, 02:37:02 AM »
Hello,

I have HL2 + Episodes, Source SDK, Source SDK base 2006, 2007, and 2013 singleplayer. All have had their game caches validated. I'm using SMOD standalone, with Redux Final.

I am constantly getting the "Disconnect: Processusercmds: Incorrect reading frame" error in certain areas. For example, Smod will iwhout fail crash like this in the flare bunker near Nova Prospekt. The error only occurs when I attempt to use timeskip - playing the game at normal time does not produce the error.

Offline Lagtacular

• Lagtacular has no influence.
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2015, 01:49:32 AM »
The areas which experience the 'Incorrect reading frame' error change. Previously fine areas, on another playthrough, suddenly develop the issue and retain it across multiple reloads. Quite annoying. Has anyone else found a solution to the "Disconnect: Processusercmds: Incorrect reading frame" error?

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2015, 03:00:23 AM »
The areas which experience the 'Incorrect reading frame' error change. Previously fine areas, on another playthrough, suddenly develop the issue and retain it across multiple reloads. Quite annoying. Has anyone else found a solution to the "Disconnect: Processusercmds: Incorrect reading frame" error?

Best I can figure, the game throws up this error when NPCs get randomly spawned onto certain map brushes (like the tripmines in Nova Prospekt) and the timescale changes. Hence why this error only happens when you enter bullet time. Removing the random spawned NPCs on those maps probably would fix it, but it would be quite the loss if I had done so. Since the source code to SMOD has never been released, its not possible to truly fix this bug, like many of the issues and crashes that plague SMOD.

You can try reloading an earlier save before you entered the map where this crash happens. Random spawns only happen during the initial map load so the game may or may not cause the error again. Sorry that that's the best I can do, the various bugs and crashes in SMOD is one of the reasons I don't work with it anymore.

Offline MrAnonymousone

• MrAnonymousone has no influence.
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2015, 02:23:50 AM »
That is a brilliant mod. I like it. But, I do have some problems with the mod:

1) I tried adding the A35 grenade launcher from the previous Smod into the final version. The game successfully loads the model but it does not fire grenades at all. Instead, it uses up grenades without firing them.

2) About the zombie2, it uses Mossman's model although I have added the original zombie2 model.

3) What is the spawn code for the Combine Commando?

Is there a solution to fix those problems? I would really appreciate some assistance please :).
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 05:57:55 AM by MrAnonymousone »

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2015, 06:48:56 PM »
That is a brilliant mod. I like it. But, I do have some problems with the mod:

1) I tried adding the A35 grenade launcher from the previous Smod into the final version. The game successfully loads the model but it does not fire grenades at all. Instead, it uses up grenades without firing them.

2) About the zombie2, it uses Mossman's model although I have added the original zombie2 model.

3) What is the spawn code for the Combine Commando?

Is there a solution to fix those problems? I would really appreciate some assistance please :).

Can't help with 1 as you're modifying your game and as such its not an issue with Redux.

2 should not happen unless you altered the config files. Redux includes its own Zombie 2 model so you don't need to add one anyway.

The Combine Commando can't be spawned in anything but mapadd code due to coding limitations.

Offline MrAnonymousone

• MrAnonymousone has no influence.
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2015, 05:18:05 AM »
Okay, I'll try to think to think of something. About the config files, where can I find it?