Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

* CLIENTS SECTION RULES

This section is for CLIENTS (Full SMOD Releases) ONLY.
You may create a new topic in this area to release your SMOD Mod. If you post anything off-topic here you will be temp-banned. This is so you don't hassle the moderators too much, they are volunteers.

If you need help with a mod, post a reply in its thread. Do not start a new topic for help here!

Please use good taste when releasing your mod. Adding 30 custom weapons from the release archive into SMOD Redux and then releasing as your own mod will be frowned upon.  :(

Author Topic: SMOD Redux - FINAL  (Read 38457 times)

Offline MrAnonymousone

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • MrAnonymousone has no influence.
Re: SMOD Redux - FINAL
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2015, 11:59:07 PM »
It's okay. I've already fixed my previous issues. But I was thinking about adding more of the weapon_custom.txt files. Is that really possible?

Offline Gabn

• Gabn has no influence.
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2015, 05:29:39 PM »
Hi i need help  you should add a thing to configure the console because  i live in France and this is a problem because for me this key :~ is the key n°2 and i would really need

Good playing and keep your awesome work guys ! ;)

Offline Chyvachok

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • Chyvachok has no influence.
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2016, 07:58:11 PM »
Can someone tell about problem, I reinstalled on smod standalone clean Smod Redux Final, and after some time it start randomly crash on battle maps, I make some additions on it, its my ragdoll gibs and some model replacement, but they work fine on smod redux v6, con someone please tell what can cause this problem?

Also what writes when crashed two times on killing metropolice:
P1: hl2.exe
P2: 0.0.0.0
P3: 52210fb8
P4: StackHash_a7ab
P5: 6.1.7601.18247
P6: 521ea8e7
P7: c0000374
P8: 000ce753
P9:
P10:

sometimes it wrote what problem with datacache.dll and materialsystem.dll, strange, I never encountered problems like that before.

Offline foxdimi

• foxdimi has no influence.
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2016, 08:11:25 PM »
When I install into standalone, it crashes, gives me a "missing executable" and exits. This does not happen for the other smods.

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
  • +67% chance to make useful post
  • Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2016, 12:23:28 AM »
New patch out. Been meaning to get this out for months, but computer troubles and a lack of interest held it up.

Didn't get the chance to test this out as well as I wanted, so I hope that I didn't cause any new issues with the changes here.

CHANGES:

GAMEPLAY/SCRIPTS/NPCs
-Added new weapon: Chargebow
-Raised Battle timer to 8 mins from 7.
-Lowered money needed for final weapon reward to 160 from 180.
-Lowered M60 recoil, increased damage slightly.
-Lowered Garand recoil.
-Raised Gauss Gun damage to 20 from 10.

MAPS
-Fixed a precache error on battle_92 (Lockdown).
-Rebalanced battle_99 (Station 17), battle_100 (Steam Lab), and battle_101 (Sanctuary).

GRAPHICS/MODELS
-Edited Super Shotgun v_ and w_ texture.
-Adjusted Garand supporting hand position.
-Removed Laser Rifle reload sound and animation.
-Fixed Ion Rifle and Shredder projectile position.
-Fixed Shredder w_model using the wrong type of muzzle flash.
-Fixed an animation issue with the Golden Colts on the last shots.

SOUNDS
-Added a warning sound when harder enemies start spawning in Battle maps.
-Tick sound in Battle mode only plays during the last 10 seconds now.

OTHER
-Added the following options to the "Configure SMOD Settings" menu:
Random Combine have 4x to 8x health
Combine use incendiary grenades
Disable blood effects
Damage shock FX
-Updated credits.

DOWNLOAD 1.2 PATCH

Offline StuG

• StuG has no influence.
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2016, 02:13:17 AM »
hey, just like to start by saying thank you for ressurecting smod, its whats keeping hl alive, ive been modding ur redux to id like to call "realism redux", of course i wouldnt ever release until u gave the ok to do so but, i have a question, sometimes script editing etc works and others it doesnt, like for some reason i cant edit the fire rate on the mp40, i enter all the codes correct but still nothing changes. also another is the svd im trying to get more to real spec, like changing the scope to 4x instead of 8, and increasing the firerate but amping the recoil a bit. again all codes are good to spec, checked for an enitre day on exact codes n where to put them etc,  but i noticed some weapons adding codes to work.. but others dont, like the svd and mp40,  id really appreciate to know how i can go bout getting it all to work? also my apologies if this is in the wrong forum, dont know where else to ask this. its really frustrating tho that i have most weapons to their real life spec of fire rates and even sounds are as close as i could find, used youtube as reference many diff videos on same weapon, to pinpoint fire rates by sound and the sound itself, even trying to get recoils to real spec, many other changes ive done too. but ya anyway, in case you cant tell im a bit desperate to solve this and get it all done to play theur the campaign without stopping to mod n get out of the story. Please.

oh yes i forgot also another that isnt working is modding the recoil on the mp40 and ak47
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 03:32:32 AM by StuG »

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2016, 05:32:52 AM »
hey, just like to start by saying thank you for ressurecting smod, its whats keeping hl alive, ive been modding ur redux to id like to call "realism redux", of course i wouldnt ever release until u gave the ok to do so but, i have a question, sometimes script editing etc works and others it doesnt, like for some reason i cant edit the fire rate on the mp40, i enter all the codes correct but still nothing changes. also another is the svd im trying to get more to real spec, like changing the scope to 4x instead of 8, and increasing the firerate but amping the recoil a bit. again all codes are good to spec, checked for an enitre day on exact codes n where to put them etc,  but i noticed some weapons adding codes to work.. but others dont, like the svd and mp40,  id really appreciate to know how i can go bout getting it all to work? also my apologies if this is in the wrong forum, dont know where else to ask this. its really frustrating tho that i have most weapons to their real life spec of fire rates and even sounds are as close as i could find, used youtube as reference many diff videos on same weapon, to pinpoint fire rates by sound and the sound itself, even trying to get recoils to real spec, many other changes ive done too. but ya anyway, in case you cant tell im a bit desperate to solve this and get it all done to play theur the campaign without stopping to mod n get out of the story. Please.

oh yes i forgot also another that isnt working is modding the recoil on the mp40 and ak47

You won't be able to modify the weapon specs for weapons other than weapon_custom1-30.

Offline StuG

• StuG has no influence.
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2016, 05:41:40 PM »
that... really sucks...    the mp40 i noticed fire rate cant be modified.. its a custom weapon

so basically i cannot make the ak47 have its realistic recoil and accuracy and have to deal with the fact the mp40 in this has more recoil than an ak? when the mp40 and any mp weapon really are known for their extreme low recoil..
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 08:26:05 PM by StuG »

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2016, 08:58:37 AM »
one way to fix this would be to make the mp40 a custom weapon, if you haven't run out of custom weapon slots

Offline StuG

• StuG has no influence.
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2016, 03:23:27 PM »
well the mp40 already is a custom weapon, but somehow the recoil works now, but the fire rate doesnt... it fires way too fast, its only 500 rpm which aids in the low recoil. but right now it sounds more like 7-800.... thats so strange how this game does that in modding, even the gore wasnt working, like the gib eating how much health and how many rounds it takes for a body to gib, i kept trying for 2 hours, then randomly all sudden it started working?...  i got most weapons closer to real stats, cept for the mp40.. it fires almost like mp5.. its pretty frustrating

ill post the weapon data itself in case i messed up any code:

Code: [Select]
//Day of Defeat style MP40
WeaponData
{
// Weapon data is loaded by both the Game and Client DLLs.
"printname" "#HL2_MP40"
"viewmodel" "models/weapons/v_mp40.mdl"
"playermodel" "models/weapons/w_mp40.mdl" //FIXME:
"anim_prefix" "smg1"
"bucket" "2"
"bucket_position" "2"

"clip_size" "32"
"clip2_size" "-1"

"default_clip" "64"
"default_clip2" "-1"

"primary_ammo" "SMG1"
"secondary_ammo" "None"

"weight" "2"
"item_flags" "0"

Adjust
{
//"up" "-1.5"
"forward" "-8"
}

IronSight
{
"right" "-4.565"
"up" "1.75"
"forward" "-5"
"fov" "-7"
"yaw" "-0.1"
"pitch" "-0.5"
"AdjustAccuracy" "0.5"
}

// Sounds for the weapon. There is a max of 16 sounds per category (i.e. max 16 "single_shot" sounds)
SoundData
{
"reload" "Weapon_SMG1.Reload"
"reload_npc" "Weapon_SMG1.NPC_Reload"
"empty" "Weapon_SMG1.Empty"
"single_shot" "Weapon_Mp40.Shoot"
"single_shot_npc" "Weapon_Mp40.Shoot"
"double_shot" "HL2Player.kick_fire"
"melee_hit" "HL2Player.kick_body"
"melee_hit_world" "HL2Player.kick_wall"
}

// Weapon Sprite data is loaded by the Client DLL.
TextureData
{
"weapon"
{
"file" "sprites/hud_weapons_zerosix"
"x" "64"
"y" "160"
"width" "64"
"height" "32"
}
"weapon_s"
{
"file" "sprites/hud_weapons_zerosix"
"x" "64"
"y" "160"
"width" "64"
"height" "32"
}
"ammo"
{
"font" "WeaponIcons"
"character" "r"
}
"crosshair"
{
"font" "Crosshairs"
"character" "Q"
}
"autoaim"
{
"file" "sprites/crosshairs"
"x" "0"
"y" "48"
"width" "24"
"height" "24"
}
}

"WeaponSpec"
{
// 0 : single
// 1 : automatic
// 2 : shotgun
// 3 : autoshotgun
"WeaponType" "1"
"FireRate" "0.1"
"UnderWater" "0"

"Melee" {
"Secondary" {
"Range" "70"
"Frame" "10"
"NextAttack" "20"
"Damage" "5"
}
"Force" "1"
"ImpactEffect" "2" // 0:default 1:nodecal 2:nodecal,nosound 3:noeffect
}

"Options" {
//"LastDryFireActivity" "1"
}

"Recoil" {
"PunchPitch" "-0.0 -0.0"
"PunchYaw" "-0.0 0.0"
"EnableSnap" "0"
"SnapPitch" "-0.0 -0.0"
"SnapYaw" "-0.0 0.0"
"Crouch" "0.0"
"Amp" ".00"
"PunchLimit" "0.001"
}

"Spread" {
"Default" "3"
"MaxSpread" "10.0"
"Run" "10.0"
"RunSpeed" "100"
"Crouch" "0.65"
"Fire" "1.05"
}

"Bullet" {
"AmmoType" "SMG1"
"Damage" "5"
"ShotCount" "1"
"Tracer" "2"
"Force" "1"
}

"Npc" {
"RifleAnim" "0"
"BurstMax" "5"
"BurstMin" "2"
"FireRate" "0.1"
"Range" "200"
"MuzzleFire" "1"
}
}

}
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 03:46:15 PM by Counter-Life™ »

Offline Counter-Life™

• Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2016, 03:51:59 PM »
-snip-

This might sound dumb, but you did change the "FireRate" value, right? If you are not sure how to calculate RPM to the delay between each shot, the formula is 1 / (RPM / 60). 500 RPM would be about 0.12.

Offline StuG

• StuG has no influence.
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2016, 04:10:00 PM »
thank you for responding n trying btw guys, and yes, the number i have set was to see if any change happened, big numbers mean easier to tell, but it didnt change...

even tho its a custom weapon.. fire rate still has no effect, im baffled why recoil works, but not fire rate?

also another thing since i renamed the ak47 to a custom weapon,, when i go to use it in game, it crashes immediately, im guessing theres a file somewhere that tells the game which script to read?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 04:18:13 PM by StuG »

Offline Counter-Life™

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2016, 04:32:54 PM »
thank you for responding n trying btw guys, and yes, the number i have set was to see if any change happened, big numbers mean easier to tell, but it didnt change...

even tho its a custom weapon.. fire rate still has no effect, im baffled why recoil works, but not fire rate?

also another thing since i renamed the ak47 to a custom weapon,, when i go to use it in game, it crashes immediately, im guessing theres a file somewhere that tells the game which script to read?

That's indeed strange.

And you can't just rename the AK-47 into a custom weapon. It's a hard coded weapon, meaning that the rest of the gun (recoil, spread and so on) are inside SMOD's compiled code. If you want to modify it, I suggest you just use one of the 30 custom weapon slots instead,with the same model.

Offline StuG

• StuG has no influence.
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2016, 04:38:06 PM »
isnt it the same as i would have to put the exact codes in anyway?  i didnt use a slot thats already taken there is 17 - 18 - but it skips 19, so i used slot 19, and changed scrips and cfg to recognize slot 19, 

not understanding what you mean with using a custom weapon slot ?

but im debating to just give up on the realism editing coz all weapons are really close to real spec.. cept for the mp40, one of my favorites.. kinda throws the feel off

this is really bothering me, ok i got the accuracy to work for ak, has now the barrel wobbling effect real thing has, but power to go with it, penetration etc, but for whatever reason, i can change the accuracy,iron sights, and recoil of the mp40, but the fire rate does nothing.... why??
      the recoil tho dont work entirely, its lower, but when i disable snap, it still snaps, but it moves much less, real mp40 known for its amazing controllability ei very low to no "snap" kind of recoil n can hold it straight easy on full auto with its 500 rpm..

i just found the mp5 in game and that too is way out of range towards its real counterpart.. that all i can change is iron sighting, accuracy and damage, would be nice to give its real semi/auto switching as im using the model on here without GL, and it can fire with water in it in real life, so to change that as well and the ballistics to where its barely heard (mp5sd series are some of the quietest guns ever made factory)

im also curious if theres a way to edit the emplacement guns, would love to add more range and rpm

« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 06:27:51 AM by StuG »

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2016, 03:47:07 PM »
let me guess, you tried putting in something like "2" in firerate

or maybe you put the custom weapon script stuff in weapon_mp40

0.12 for the mp40 HAS to work, if it doesn't, you're doing something really wrong