Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?
collapse

Author Topic: Bringing SMMOD back from the grave.  (Read 2931 times)

Offline sirmasters

• +5% chance to make useful post
  • sirmasters barely matters.sirmasters barely matters.
    • My Twitter (My Forums are inactive at the moment)
Bringing SMMOD back from the grave.
« on: August 31, 2015, 09:39:27 AM »
Alright, I'm bringing SMMOD back from the grave. However, I decided to re-code certain parts of it from scratch due to somewhat inexperienced back then. Currently, I am implementing a reworked version of the kick code that is actually synchronized with the animation events... Meaning if the model is made wrong, the kick attack will not output damage. Custom weapons will be also reworked slightly, but will be (at the moment) just as it was when I went hiatus. Map-Add will be the same, though do expect reworks that may or may not break compatibility (will include a special backwards compatibility line just in case). Summary below:
What's new/Planned
  • <Done>Dynamic Viewmodel arms (will be made to be disabled per weapon if needed)
  • Reworks of various SMMOD features
  • Backwards compatibility checks for previous SMMOD addons to work with current ones
  • Sort through feature request and old checklists

Release of the new version will be done when all previous features are implemented back.
._. I love coffee.

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Bringing SMMOD back from the grave.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 09:49:35 AM »
Yay!

Dynamic viewmodel arms? Are those like the c_model arms in TF2 and CS: GO?

Offline sirmasters

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 10:11:03 AM »
Yes! In fact, as long they follow the valve biped skeleton, it should be fully working! I tested it with GMOD c_models, using the v_hands from vanillia half life, works perfect. However, c_models will not be provided on release, you can extract from GMOD if you wish though. Also, NEVER use NPC models for the arms, no crashes, but you get a face full of polygons on your face.

Addendum: Fun fact, when I first tried doing dynamic view model arms on the origional SMMOD, I over-complicated it. Now that I have a pretty fresh mind, I can see where I went wrong with the old code.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 10:14:01 AM by sirmasters »
._. I love coffee.

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 11:02:54 AM »
Yes. This is the greatest thing that has happened in a long time. You have made the right call.

Did I ever tell you I love you?

no homo

Offline Bitl

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 02:10:36 AM »
code for dynamic viewmodel arms.

i need it.
FIREFIGHT RELOADED: GET IT NOW ON STEAM! http://store.steampowered.com/app/397680

crack tales, ooo-ooo

My Blog

"They are rage, brutal, without mercy. But you. You will be worse. Rip and tear, until it is don

Offline FreeKill

• FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 05:40:43 AM »

i need it.

This, with a dynamic leg model. Because I need to immerse myself in my player model.

Offline sirmasters

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 07:35:06 AM »

i need it.

This, with a dynamic leg model. Because I need to immerse myself in my player model.

I was actually considering it.
._. I love coffee.

Offline Vedad1944

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • Vedad1944 has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 07:31:40 PM »
VR support?
Third person model as viewmodel?
View "kicking" while reloading?

Just a few quick suggestions that came off my mind :D
If you want PM me and I'll make a list of suggestions just because you brought it back to life.

Offline Nullen

• Nullen has no influence.
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2015, 01:18:43 AM »
Cremator when

Offline sirmasters

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2015, 03:00:14 AM »
VR support?
Third person model as viewmodel?
View "kicking" while reloading?

Just a few quick suggestions that came off my mind :D
If you want PM me and I'll make a list of suggestions just because you brought it back to life.
Source SDK 2013 has VR code, but I will not mess with it unless I personally have VR hardware.

Thirdperson as a viewmodel... Do you mean visible legs?

View kicking while reloading? Uhm, if you mean the camera moves to the animation of the weapon, I will see what can be done because I'm actually planning that.

Cremator when
Sadly, I lost the Cremator files that you gave me.
._. I love coffee.

Offline Vedad1944

• Vedad1944 has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2015, 03:57:44 PM »
The thirdperson viewmodel thing like in TF2, you would see your entire body through the eyes of the thirdperson model, it goes well with VR.
Then again, it could cause model clipping, but in TF2 that does not seem to happen (as far as I have used it).

Offline FreeKill

• FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2015, 10:04:18 PM »
Could we get support for suppressors? As in the M4A1 and USP's detachable suppressors from CS:S.

Actually, for that matter, could we get a sound system that could alert enemies?

Offline sirmasters

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2015, 01:37:51 PM »
The thirdperson viewmodel thing like in TF2, you would see your entire body through the eyes of the thirdperson model, it goes well with VR.
Then again, it could cause model clipping, but in TF2 that does not seem to happen (as far as I have used it).

I see, for now, it might not be done since I do not have VR hardware, however I may consider it if I plan to add visible legs.

Could we get support for suppressors? As in the M4A1 and USP's detachable suppressors from CS:S.

Actually, for that matter, could we get a sound system that could alert enemies?

That would probably be later on, but I am interested in adding that.

ALSO, for those who want to peek at the code as I update it, the current code (Lots of features have not been transferred from old SMMOD code yet, only view model arms feature (and cremator from Nullen) is there at the moment due to being the most recent stable code) is here https://github.com/sirmastercombat/SMMOD-GEN2-CODE/tree/test.

"game/mod_episodic" contains mod folder and latest binaries to try out view model arms. command to change arms is changearms. keyvalue for enabling dynamic arms is
Code: [Select]

"HasDynamicArms" "1"
This keyvalue applies to all weapons no matter what. Viewmodel arms and the actual animated first person weapons must have matching bones to work without glitches/crashes.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 01:42:25 PM by sirmasters »
._. I love coffee.

Offline minmi96

• minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.
    • www.titsassesanddicks.cum
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2015, 06:12:42 AM »
Will the next version be released soon?

Let's Get Some Pussy Tonight.

* SMMOD Twitter