Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Alex The Pipe's "Borderline Experimental" Weapon Pack.  (Read 614 times)

Offline AlexThePipe

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • AlexThePipe has no influence.
Alex The Pipe's "Borderline Experimental" Weapon Pack.
« on: January 06, 2017, 01:10:31 AM »
So This is what I spent most of my Winter Break on.

Weapons

The Magic Bullet
The fond AWP re-skin is now a suitable pistol replacement. 10 powerful shots.

Poorly Maintained Grease gun
Shoots slightly slower, Magazine cannot be taken out until it is completely empty. The gun takes more than twice the amount of time reloading it due to it's condition.

M1 Garand
Coding is mostly unchanged from OneManShow's Garand, which is the baseline of it. (Sorry for stealing your stuff.) This was more of a test to see how DODS's hands work in smod without any editing. It now uses Customammo3, which also has a new model. 3 clips of 30-06 in reserve, which is completely restored when picking any box up.

MG 42
250 8×57mm rounds fed by a belt in the chamber, and two more rounds in reserve. This Machine Gun will spin you around crazy with its recoil if you don't crouch down.

Hell Cannon
A red, automatic RPG that shoots out skulls like moltars. holds 72 for some reason.

Legendary "Double-Barreled" Shotgun
Originally inspired from Fallout 4's Legendary weapon status effects, what was once known as the "Endless" Shotgun, is now more based off the Super-Shotguns in Team Fortress Classic and Quake. Now it is only "Legendary" in name, and it no longer spews out 99 shells in one burst. (You should be happy you don't need to reload and endless shotgun)

Pipebomb-Launching Shotgun
Metro Police of City 17 attempted to create a non-lethal alternative to beating Gordon freeman. Their R and D team thought they were joking, and made a shotgun that shoots out 5 Pipes at once.

The All American Compensator Sniper Rifle
A weapon based around Speed and Precision. The Compensator can penetrate through walls, and can fire specialy made firework rounds. It's as American as a Cannon Group Film.

The Klobb
It's Klobbering time! the most infamously bad weapon to ever be in a FPS game is now in SMOD!

John Freeman's "Wepon" SMG1
A more stupid custom weapon I just threw into the pack. Nothing special to comment about it.

credits

-models-
Scout (Compensator) - Twinke Masta(Weapon Model), End of Days (Bullet Holder Model), Bullethead (Silencer Model)
Skorpion - Samm Varnish, Rimuto(Animations), Teh Snake (Textures), xplor3r (World Model)
Greasegun (Poorly Treated Greasegun) - Day of Defeat Development Team - Valve, The_Author
Mistreated Greasegun Textures by BSNOOCH's own TheMann25
Mossberg (Super Shotgun Model) - kannoe(?)
MG42, M1 Garand - Day of Defeat Development Team - Valve
Pipebomb models - BlackHoleSon
And Finally, The Old Magic Bullet is from silentassassin12

-Sounds-

Sounds taken from various sources from Gamebanana, Hanna Barbara Sound Library, and Command and Conquer red alert 1.

-Icons-

Weapon Hud Sprites where either made by me, or taken from Comrade404's Icon pack

Download it Here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0upR51G6aCENjFJeGJVQkdLNUE
HOTFIX UPDATE: Fixed Pipe Shotgun spec sheet not reading properly
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 02:13:38 AM by AlexThePipe »

Offline Counter-Life™

• +16% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Alex The Pipe's "Borderline Experimental" Weapon Pack.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 08:25:44 AM »
Good to see more content is getting released. Especially liking the MG42.

Offline Nullen

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • Nullen has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 05:13:58 PM »
Gotta give the Klobb credit though, it's still more useful than the machine gun in Quake 3 :V

Offline AlexThePipe

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 08:24:34 PM »
I think the Klobb is more famous for being the worst weapon in a video game roster. The Machine Gun is at least consistently accurate enough iirc to be a useful enough to shoot down a long distance, while the Klobb has more spread than butter on toast.  ;D

Offline fegeleingunche

• fegeleingunche has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 08:19:17 PM »
Wait, there's sounds for bipod deployment? How do i do it?

Offline AlexThePipe

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 12:25:17 AM »
That was probably just an extra sound I was too lazy to remove. Sadly Smod's Custom weapon scripting is pretty limited, and there is no real way to completely recreate the mg42 from Day of Defeat Source with it. Instead you have to crouch and use the iron sites to get the best accuracy with this weapon instead of mounting to a wall or the ground.