Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Smod Outbreak: Episode 1?  (Read 4388 times)

Offline Zombb Freeman

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Zombb Freeman has no influence.
Smod Outbreak: Episode 1?
« on: January 11, 2011, 01:25:25 PM »
Are you thinking of making a Half-Life 2: Episode 1 version of Smod Outbreak? because im pretty sure that would be kick ass! and I'm pretty sure anybody who is a fan of this one, would be really happy that you would do this.
My motto:
I hate retards and I like trolling them.
I like Intellects and I like being friends with them.
If you are a retard, WATCH OUT!!!!
I like animals but not sexually because that's retarded.
Don't f**k with me and i don't f**k with you.

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
  • +67% chance to make useful post
  • Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!
Re: Smod Outbreak: Episode 1?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 05:47:14 PM »
Are you thinking of making a Half-Life 2: Episode 1 version of Smod Outbreak? because im pretty sure that would be kick ass! and I'm pretty sure anybody who is a fan of this one, would be really happy that you would do this.

Highly doubtful. SMOD does not have much support at all for EP1. I tried long ago to make SMOD work on it, but it was full of bugs and missing entities. All i really managed to do was make it playable at best and it still had lots of glitches. And given the big update for HL2/EP1 that happened last year made it use the EP2 engine which SMOD has no support for, i really, really doubt you'll see Outbreak using the EP1 maps.

Offline IneptGuard

• +5% chance to make useful post
  • IneptGuard barely matters.IneptGuard barely matters.
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 10:25:11 PM »
This is an idea that was tossed around a few times back in the day. Unfortunately, all of the reasons Onemanshow mentioned are spot on. Though we all enjoyed working on Outbreak, porting it or starting from scratch on the EP2 engine is going to be difficult to say the least and very time consuming. I just don't see it happening any time soon.

Then again, who knows what the future holds.

Offline veteran_gamer

• +5% chance to make useful post
  • veteran_gamer barely matters.veteran_gamer barely matters.
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 01:38:10 PM »
well, as far as it being possible, it's possible

the first thing that would hold me back is finishing/adding a lot of concept/unfinished w.i.p. (work in progress) stuff that i really wanted to include in outbreak, such as a long range "sniper-like" weapon (something like a energy rail-gun with zoom/scope), a fresh (and proper) recompile of the buggy, a few sound tweaks and a handful of other stuff

it would be hard to jump into ep1 with certain stuff still floating in the air, however i'm sure many people use their own weapons or custom addons, so really it comes down to the time of cooking up the mapadds, and lots of debugging/work-arounds to ensure the campaign is fully playable with the least amount of "game-breaking" events

ive only tried running it in ep1 a handful of times, and while it functioned somewhat properly, there is far too much play testing that would be required which i doubt there is enough interest for (as a whole) to meet debug needs

i dont know, pretty doubtful, but as guard said..who knows what the future holds