Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Smod Redux Crashes  (Read 4565 times)

Offline Juacogb123

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Juacogb123 has no influence.
Smod Redux Crashes
« on: January 16, 2011, 07:00:41 PM »
Actually My SMOD REDUX V8 Is Running But Have Several Crashes
-Crash At The Intro Of GMAN(Point Insersion)D1_TRAINSTATION_1
-Crash At D1_Canals_2
-Crash At Apparicion Of The Chopper In Water Hazzard
-Random Crashes Playing Any Chapter
-Commands Item_Battery,Item_healthkit Not Working
Please Onemanshow Update Smod Redux
Or At Least Patch Some Errors  :'( :'(

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
  • +67% chance to make useful post
  • Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!
Re: Smod Redux Crashes
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 07:19:42 PM »
I can't do much about SMOD's random crashes. I've never been able to pin them to one cause and they vary wildly between different players. They happen in any version/fan-mod and i don't have the source code to SMOD to fix them.

Offline Juacogb123

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 08:36:45 PM »
I can't do much about SMOD's random crashes. I've never been able to pin them to one cause and they vary wildly between different players. They happen in any version/fan-mod and i don't have the source code to SMOD to fix them.
At Least Update The Game To Source Engine 2007 For Fix The Gman Intro And Others Crashes

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
  • Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 09:13:53 PM »
At Least Update The Game To Source Engine 2007 For Fix The Gman Intro And Others Crashes

...Except i can't do that because i don't have the source code to SMOD. No source code means no engine changes, no source code bug fixes. Period.

The very best i can do for this is what the old patch released for it already did: Load it through the Source SDK Base 2006 (EP1 Engine). I cannot put it on the Orange Box engine. Besides, i've never had trouble at the intro, so you could have issues with your install.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 09:16:18 PM by Onemanshow »

Offline Juacogb123

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 09:17:07 PM »

...Except i can't do that because i don't have the source code to SMOD. No source code means no engine changes, no under-the-hood bug fixes. Period.

The very best i can do for this is what the old patch released for it already did: Load it through the Source SDK Base 2006 (EP1 Engine). I cannot put it on the Orange Box engine. Besides, i've never had trouble at the intro, so you could have issues with your install.
And Using SMOD2

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 10:04:07 PM »
And Using SMOD2

I don't understand. Are you asking if i can put Redux on it? Then the answer is no. SMOD2 currently lacks many basic features that are taken for granted in the original, so any version made for it now would be severely cut down at best. Besides i am no longer working on Redux and i am not interested in offering further support for it.