Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Saves broken in SMOD: Tactical?  (Read 2983 times)

Offline 0per4t0r

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • 0per4t0r has no influence.
    • My Youtube
Saves broken in SMOD: Tactical?
« on: August 12, 2011, 08:37:32 PM »
I just installed SMOD: Tactical - Project Life today, and was playing through the smod hl2 campaign, and died at the portion of water hazard where you're navigating between shipping containers to get to the guard tower and shoot down the helicopter, but after I died and clicked to load the last autosave, the game crashed during loading. When I ran the mod again, it crashed with a hl2.exe has stopped working error. Turns out that whenever I try to load ANY save from the menu I crash. (all are from that one map). I've even tried loading another map before loading the save and loading the map that the saves are on, and then loading a save, but it still crashes. (it crashes when it's about 1 bar away from completely loading). Any idea what could be causing this?

Here's a copy of my save folder: http://www.mediafire.com/?1cln3l8m42sojgy
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 08:39:57 PM by 0per4t0r »

Offline Spasior

• IKEA Meatballs Son!!!
  • +3% chance to make useful post
  • Spasior has no influence.
Re: Saves broken in SMOD: Tactical?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 08:57:40 PM »
Its the good old smod that is doing that if i am not wrong and that is also one of the reasons why Veteran_gamer disabled autosave in Smod Outbreak.  8)
erutangiS

Offline 0per4t0r

• My Youtube
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 09:04:34 PM »
Its the good old smod that is doing that if i am not wrong and that is also one of the reasons why Veteran_gamer disabled autosave in Smod Outbreak.  8)
Strange, not even my quicksaves are loading though... :\

Offline 0per4t0r

• My Youtube
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 06:31:24 AM »
Okay, I managed to get through that portion of the mod, and even died in pretty much the same spot, but loaded the save manually instead of just pressing a button to load the last save, and it loaded fine. I was pretty much twitching and shaking at around 2 AM trying to keep myself alive on the easiest difficulty and lowest enemy weapon skill. I ended up stopping right before water hazard's final helicopter battle, I'm going to save that for a time when I have more stamina  ;). I'm really liking tactical so far, after neglecting to actually play it for so long, I've really gotten into it. some of the stuff you put in there was just wonderful.. How you combined RT scopes and smod's laser pointer in the custom weapon script to simulate red dot and holographic sights was just awesome. My only complaint is that I couldn't pick up that alyxgun in the middle of the rebel camp during the helicopter chase, though.  ;D OMS and everyone involved, You did a wonderful job on 5.56.