Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

* TUTORIAL SECTION RULES

This section is for SMOD TUTORIALS & GUIDES ONLY.
You may create a new topic in the appropriate area to share your tutorial. If you post anything off-topic here you will be temp-banned. This is so we don't hassle the moderators too much, they are volunteers.

If you need help with a tutorial, post a reply in its thread . Do not start a new topic for help here!

Author Topic: [Tutorial] How to set up and fine tune ironsights and viewmodels  (Read 9711 times)

Offline Counter-Life™

• +16% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
Re: [Tutorial] How to set up and fine tune ironsights and viewmodels
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2012, 03:57:08 PM »
Strangely I figured this out before I even saw this page.

Alot of people do, I did it for myself too. But this tutorial makes everything much more easy for people who dont know how to deal with ironsights.

Offline Daemoniator

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Daemoniator has no influence.
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2012, 08:46:30 PM »
Strangely I figured this out before I even saw this page.

Alot of people do, I did it for myself too. But this tutorial makes everything much more easy for people who dont know how to deal with ironsights.

I am pretty sure that you did a well explained video similar to this.
Twenty-Sixteen

Offline Xamp

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • Xamp has no influence.
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2013, 05:28:30 PM »

I haven't seen a tutorial in writing form (don't worry Counter Life, i haven't forgotten your video tutorial) for how to set up ironsights correctly, so i'll give it a try.

On wall duty again

Offline Counter-Life™

• Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2013, 05:53:47 PM »

I haven't seen a tutorial in writing form (don't worry Counter Life, i haven't forgotten your video tutorial) for how to set up ironsights correctly, so i'll give it a try.

^^

Offline IronCore

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • IronCore has no influence.
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2013, 11:56:04 PM »
This is very useful  since I'm still confuse on using the iron site cfg's made by Ph4tcats which btw you should
add a download link for getting them so here it is...
http://www.mediafire.com/?b72mm3geeukceos

Now I can finally finetune my fav weapon's origin and ADS the easier way.
The harder way I did for about 50+ of them YAY!

I'm so in-love to SMOD...PERIOD!

Offline Xamp

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • Xamp has no influence.
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2013, 12:31:48 AM »
Thanks for the download link, glad i could help a fellow modder out.

On wall duty again

Offline Pangia

• Pangia has no influence.
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2015, 04:12:20 PM »
I got a problem with this.
I'm trying to set up my Magnum revolver, cause not only its ironsights are misaligned, but they are totally off center of the screen. In „simple” SMOD 40a there is no origins for viewmodels when not aiming, and anyway I'd rather stay with weapon off the center of the screen when just running around as it should be. The thing is it seems impossible to set it properly as everytime I change „yaw” in ironsights settings from 0, weapon goes off when I'm moving screen from middle setting: when I'm aiming very high or very low, Magnum goes off the crosshair. WTF?

Offline Pepsifan04

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2015, 04:31:45 PM »
Due to a bug in SMOD source code the "yaw" angle is not locked in position when using ironsights.
So yeah, this will happen a lot if you gonna  use a lot of yaw while setting up ironsights
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Pangia

• Pangia has no influence.
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2015, 05:46:03 PM »
Well, damn. It's probably the most important when tweaking it to be fully precise (allows to move a gun without misaligning sights), it's a big shame it doesn't work. Thanks for answer.

Offline Counter-Life™

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2015, 08:34:58 PM »
Well, damn. It's probably the most important when tweaking it to be fully precise (allows to move a gun without misaligning sights), it's a big shame it doesn't work. Thanks for answer.

If everything else fails you can decompile the model and adjust the yaw via the $origin command in the .qc.