Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Recoil That Pushes The Player?  (Read 2061 times)

Offline Alexander Bell

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Alexander Bell has no influence.
Recoil That Pushes The Player?
« on: December 26, 2012, 06:23:43 PM »
A while ago, my friend asked me if a weapon could be made with recoil that actually moves the player (like the Tau Cannon's).  I said yes, as I know it IS possible because I did it a long time ago on my very first weapon before I learned how to actually make them.  The problem is, I have no idea what I did, and I don't have the script anywhere.  I want to know how to make a weapon push the player backwards while it is being shot.

I read the recoil section of the tutorial on the SMOD Wiki and in Onemanshow's, but I still don't know how to do it.

Can anyone help me?

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
Re: Recoil That Pushes The Player?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 07:35:31 PM »
Try using the same ammo type as the tau cannon (in the Bullet{ section ofc)
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Alexander Bell

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 08:18:36 PM »

The Tau Cannon doesn't fire bullets, and it isn't a custom weapon script so I can't see what bullet type it uses.  I'm going to try fiddling with snap recoil now, to see if that is it. 

Yeah, I tried messing with the recoil, and I wound up just turning my view upside down when I shot it   :o...

I remember I used 4a's weapon_custom1 as the script I was modifying, I had the mp5 viewmodel, and I think I was using the ar2altfire bullet type.  It still didn't work...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 08:27:09 PM by Alexander Bell »

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 09:21:13 PM »

The Tau Cannon doesn't fire bullets, and it isn't a custom weapon script so I can't see what bullet type it uses.

Yes I know, but since you can use crossbow bolts (xbowbolt) then why not trying to use "gauss", "taucannon" or something like that? make a few copies of your weapon, but with different Bullet section and see what they do :)

I remember I used 4a's weapon_custom1 as the script I was modifying, I had the mp5 viewmodel, and I think I was using the ar2altfire bullet type.  It still didn't work...
custom explosive maybe? but I doubt that'll work.
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Alexander Bell

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 03:27:52 AM »

Yes I know, but since you can use crossbow bolts (xbowbolt) then why not trying to use "gauss", "taucannon" or something like that? make a few copies of your weapon, but with different Bullet section and see what they do :)

Good idea.

custom explosive maybe? but I doubt that'll work.
[/quote]

Nah, this was long before I learned about custom explosive scripting.

Offline TheMann25

• +4% chance to make useful post
  • TheMann25 has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 09:15:23 PM »
Could anyone have a Tau Cannon fix? It only seems to launch the player back and not up like the Half-Life deathmatch one.
This is a catchy signature.

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 09:23:38 PM »
Could anyone have a Tau Cannon fix? It only seems to launch the player back and not up like the Half-Life deathmatch one.

Coded, so theres no way.