Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: WARNING: SteamPipe update breaks CSS, HL2DM SMOD GCF mounts (FIX INSIDE)  (Read 42266 times)

Offline PaiCrai

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • PaiCrai has no influence.
Re: WARNING: SteamPipe update breaks CSS, HL2DM SMOD GCF mounts (FIX INSIDE)
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2013, 03:08:59 PM »
Frankly, I'm pretty sad at what this thread has devolved into. The last few posts have a quality I'd sooner associate with GameFAQ's or 4chan. I'm ashamed that this level of posting is embraced or even seen as acceptable here.

As the latest posts are contributing nothing to the topic but unfunny jokes and hyperbole, I'm locking the thread. I'll probably reopen this once Valve launches the SteamPipe update for HL2 and the episodes with further information about making SMOD work with them, and hopefully we'll keep the post quality to a higher standard than the ones on this page.

I'm not being a little bitch here, I'm just here to inform you:
Not everyone is a comedic genius; let those people have fun. If someone posts a joke that isn't top notch quality, what do you do if you aren't a bit of a "perfectionist nazi"? You ignore the joke. What do you do if you are, in fact a bit or more of a perfectionist nazi? You judge it, because according to the Reich leader people can't be different. You need to follow a certain norm to be accepted.

By considering jokes a serious enough matter to judge and restrict, I'm sort of glad you're not a server game server admin, God knows how blacklisted that server would be. And what is this, by the way? It's a forum where people gather and talk to each other or on certain topic, where they can at least try to have an amusing time on the thread. If not everybody entertains others on the same level of quality isn't a good enough reason for you to lock threads because, to put it bluntly, "Hitler doesn't approve".

If you want this site to be your personal heaven you dominate with strict rules, it'll be sort of like blowing up a planet to eliminate all competition and gain leadership, but shortly afterwards realizing, what's the purpose if everyone is dead and everything is destroyed? I can understand your judgement if the joke is something like "Man, X is a f***ing n***er". But if the joke is just a normal joke that you don't personally like, it's another story.

I know that I will probably be bashed to death with furious replies and admin abuse, but I just thought that your complaining was a bit... Idiotic, seeing as you're an intelligent person.
smignature

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
  • +67% chance to make useful post
  • Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2013, 05:28:27 PM »
*words*

I admit I overreacted, but your post, especially bringing out the tired nazi comparison is kind of overreacting in itself.

While you're correct that its not really my place to shut down folks over a few dumb jokes, I feared said jokes were threatening to turn into piracy talk, even in that "hehe *winknudge*" way. And Pangia's post didn't exactly help to relax those concerns. Piracy talk is a personal pet-peeve of mine, hence why I acted in such a way to shut it down.

Offline PaiCrai

« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2013, 06:50:54 PM »
*words*

I admit I overreacted, but your post, especially bringing out the tired nazi comparison is kind of overreacting in itself.

While you're correct that its not really my place to shut down folks over a few dumb jokes, I feared said jokes were threatening to turn into piracy talk, even in that "hehe *winknudge*" way. And Pangia's post didn't exactly help to relax those concerns. Piracy talk is a personal pet-peeve of mine, hence why I acted in such a way to shut it down.

I must also admit that the nazi comparison is old and also overreacting, but it fit very nicely to the scenario. That's a sentence I hope doesn't get blown out of proportions... Anyways, I can understand your concerns now that you have justified them in a proper manner (oh god i feel so posh). You're a cool dude, and you should keep being a cool dude. http://image.blingee.com/images19/content/output/000/000/000/7a0/780154336_2088673.gif (let's pretend that is you)
smignature

Offline FreeKill

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2013, 08:36:00 PM »
Ok seriously? We're tried to help you and all you're doing is being an ass.

Offline PaiCrai

« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2013, 12:45:21 PM »
Ok seriously? We're tried to help you and all you're doing is being an ass.

Who are you talking to? Also We've*
smignature

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • +0% chance to make useful post
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2013, 09:30:10 PM »
everybody chill.

We've had piracy problems in the past and so we don't have much tolerance for it being discussed on the forum. We don't give a shit if you guys joke around or whatever. Nobody is gonna get in trouble for mispelling a wurd or fucking swearing or anything...but if you break one of the rules your gonna get tossed, so please review them (theres only 4).

...And just to confirm, yes this is a dictatorship.

Offline rozh001

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • rozh001 has no influence.
The scenes does not work for me :/