Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Crash on d2_prison_02 to d2_prison_03 [Redux Final]  (Read 251 times)

Offline Dissy EX

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Dissy EX has no influence.
Crash on d2_prison_02 to d2_prison_03 [Redux Final]
« on: August 31, 2017, 02:15:14 AM »
For some odd reason, on the map transition from d2_prison_02 to d2_prison_03 the game crashes and gives me this engine error. (this also only occurs on THIS map transition, and it crashes when trying to load d2_prison_03 via the console as well)

725/ - func_clip_vphysics: UTIL_SetModel: not precached: *92

This error also occurs in SMOD Outbreak (which I managed to get working thanks to SMOD Standalone and fixes) as well as V8 of SMOD Redux. I'm not sure what caused the issue to arise as I had changed nothing in regards to internal files, it just started happening for...basically no reason. Any suggestions to fix this??

Thanks.

OOOHHH YYYEEESSS!!!

Offline No1Gamer

• No1Gamer has no influence.
Re: Crash on d2_prison_02 to d2_prison_03 [Redux Final]
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 08:53:23 AM »
I have the same problem in the transition from d3_city_01 to 02. It also crashes on every smod i play with standalone. The only difference is that i can load d3_city_02 with the console just fine. Maybe there is a problem with standalone?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 08:55:30 AM by No1Gamer »

Offline Troggy Hordesman

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • Troggy Hordesman has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 10:18:27 AM »
I have had similar problems with map transition, but I believe that was d3_city_03 or 04. This occured even before standalone, and might be a bug with the current '06 version of the source engine. It could also be because there are way too many actors (including guns and props) as the game resets maps you have left very late.
My behind is behind me, always watching.

Offline Dissy EX

• Dissy EX has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 02:56:27 PM »
I have the same problem in the transition from d3_city_01 to 02. It also crashes on every smod i play with standalone. The only difference is that i can load d3_city_02 with the console just fine. Maybe there is a problem with standalone?

Huh that is interesting, I don't think it is a problem with standalone itself, as this transition bug also happens on the non standalone versions of Outbreak and V8. (for me atleast)

[/quote]
I have had similar problems with map transition, but I believe that was d3_city_03 or 04. This occured even before standalone, and might be a bug with the current '06 version of the source engine. It could also be because there are way too many actors (including guns and props) as the game resets maps you have left very late.

That is what I thought Troggy, that it could be a bug with the 06 engine, I have not a clue though sadly. I can just skip the map but it is also quite frustrating to be unable to play the map. (I have a similar issue with d2_coast_03 and solid trigger boxes being everywhere, and the map being completely broken)

OOOHHH YYYEEESSS!!!

Offline foxdimi

• foxdimi has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 04:14:12 AM »
SMOD is a very old mod, and it is expected that it has a few bugs and glitches.

This particular glitch is most likely caused by the 2006 engine itself, as that map has many physics props, and some might not me cached or loaded correctly.

And yes, it happens to me too.