Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Ultimate HL2 Campaign  (Read 6920 times)

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
  • +67% chance to make useful post
  • Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!
Ultimate HL2 Campaign
« on: March 28, 2013, 06:20:50 PM »
Looks like my "final release" isn't very final anymore. :-\

This is actually an old project I originally included in my final release, but was left in a unfinished state. Freekill requested some help with it, so I decided to polish it up and add a few new events.

Basically, this mapadd set has the mapadds of SMOD 40a, SMOD Redux V8, SMOD Outbreak, as well as original changes, combined into one wild ride through the HL2 campaign. I rolled back some SMOD40a stock changes (Expanded Crane Puzzle, Lack of Antlions during the Prison) to the HL2 default as some of these changes were just annoying.

It also adds the Bullsquid, Zombie2, and Zombine NPC's into the maps. Both the Bullsquid and Zombie2 have been changed since their original releases (Bullsquid tailwhip damage is lower, Zombie2 has a new model/texture and sounds).

THIS IS ONLY INTENDED TO WORK IN SMOD 40a. INSTALLING THIS INTO ANY SMOD-MOD WILL CAUSE PROBLEMS!

FEATURES:

- Mapadds of SMOD40a, SMOD Redux, SMOD Outbreak, and several unique changes all merged into one very, very intense version of the HL2 story.
- Bullsquid, Zombine, and Zombie2 NPC's.
- SMOD's Punch Weapon added into the campaign (weapon_custom21).

ISSUES:

- This modifies the game_sounds_manifest.txt file. If you're already using a custom one, you'll have to repeat your changes to the one included within the file included in this addon.
- If you are using the SMOD Map Pack along with this release, install the fix under "_SMOD MAP PACK PATCH". I highly recommend you install this campaign OVER the map pack, then install the patch.
- If you install this over the SMOD Menu System addon, it'll break it. You will have to reinstall it after you install this campaign.
- If you have replaced weapon_custom21 (default punch weapon), you'll receive that instead of the punch.
- While effort was taken to precache as many entities as possible, You may run into some brief pauses at certain points if one was missed.
- Since the Bullsquid was never intended to be used in SMOD, The SMOD Author did not give it SMOD's special gore effects. It still has all the behavior and features of Half-Life 2's typical ragdolls though.
- While SMOD/HL2 sets default health/damage amounts for the Bullsquid, it was never fully implemented it in the final version and it may not be balanced. Therefore i highly recommend you tweak the following "sk_" commands to your liking:
sk_bullsquid_health   
sk_bullsquid_dmg_bite   
sk_dmg_spit_grenade            
sk_spit_grenade_radius      
Note that "sk_bullsquid_dmg_whip" is not actually used due to source code bugs. Instead the attack now calls for the "bite" damage multiple times to mimic the effect.

CREDITS:
Mapadd Code: The SMOD Author, Veteran_Gamer, Business, IneptGuard, Onemanshow.

Bullsquid
Base Model/Textures: Valve\Gearbox
Source Convertion: Obsidian Conflict Mod
Edits/SMOD Compile: Onemanshow

Zombie2
Base Model/Textures: Valve
Animations/Model/Texture Edits: Veteran_Gamer, Onemanshow

Zombine
Model/Textures/Animations/Sounds: Valve

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

DOWNLOAD HERE

Will this be the "real" final release I do for SMOD? Maybe, Maybe not. Stay Tuned.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 11:12:40 PM by Onemanshow »

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Ultimate HL2 Campaign
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 08:21:41 PM »
God, I hope this is not ur final release, and this is AWESOME!

Also, would u mind if I might use single events of it for SMOD: Realism? Of course, I would credit u for it.

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
  • Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 03:24:15 AM »
Hahaha oops forgot to add the credits to the OP. Fixed now.

Also, would u mind if I might use single events of it for SMOD: Realism? Of course, I would credit u for it.

Sure. Might want to add the others into the credits too, if you use any of the Outbreak events.

Offline IronCore

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • IronCore has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 04:57:14 AM »
Awesomeness your highness hehe!!!
I'm so in-love to SMOD...PERIOD!

Offline Counter-Life™

• Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 10:17:59 AM »
Hahaha oops forgot to add the credits to the OP. Fixed now.

Sure. Might want to add the others into the credits too, if you use any of the Outbreak events.

Awesome, thank you! I wont forget to credit anyone, dont worry^^

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • +0% chance to make useful post
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 09:44:35 PM »
I did much of the outbreak mapadds, no need to credit me. use at will. I hope they inspire you to make bigger and better.

Offline Counter-Life™

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 12:52:11 PM »
yay

Offline No1Gamer

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • No1Gamer has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 10:59:51 AM »
can you play this with your smod redux final release for smod standalone? i really wanna try this :D

Offline Counter-Life™

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2015, 12:46:04 PM »
can you play this with your smod redux final release for smod standalone? i really wanna try this :D
It should work.

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2015, 05:15:25 PM »

You know that this is a outdated version of what Redux has, right?

Quote from: SMOD Redux - FINAL
-Revamped HL2 maps based on the Ultimate Campaign addon with a number of fixes and tweaks for better pacing, as well as new content.

Offline No1Gamer

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • No1Gamer has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2015, 01:17:29 AM »
whoops, sry about that. didnt notice that. thanks!  :D