Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: cobwebs  (Read 1617 times)

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • +0% chance to make useful post
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
cobwebs
« on: June 18, 2013, 10:43:25 PM »
seeing as we recently got an update on SMMod, how about this project? any news?

Offline The Commander

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • The Commander has no influence.
Re: cobwebs
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 11:10:04 PM »
seeing as we recently got an update on SMMod, how about this project? any news?

I am still here. I have been busy making modifications for unreal tournament 2004 but I have not forgotten or abandoned SMOD: Deathmatch. I do have some recent unannounced updates to share though:

- I have remade two counter strike gamemodes (BOMB / DEFUSE and HOSTAGE RESCUE) and put my own little twist on them for balancing purposes.

For bomb/defuse there are two teams as always and a random time limit. The player will be in a random team. In the bombing team one NPC or possibly the player will be able to plant bombs at A and B targets on the map. Both targets must be destroyed in order for the bombing team to win. In the defuse team one NPC or again, perhaps the player will have the ability to defuse bombs. Defenders win if at least one target is remaining by the end of the time limit.

For hostage rescue the player will again be in a random team and there will be another random time limit. There is a set amount of hostages per map (might make that random as well) and if a member of the rescuing team is near a hostage they will begin to follow a negotiator or the player (if you USE them). The terrorist team will have to ensure that the hostages do not reach escape zone(s) by killing negotiators or they will lose. If the terrorist team can quell rescue forces until the time limit runs out they will win. That's not all, however, because the first instance that hostages begin to make their escape a team of AI assassins will begin to spawn around the map that will seek out the hostages and kill them, meaning that both teams would lose. Not many assassins spawn, but they use dangerous weapons like the SVD and can run at a high speed.

YORE DEAD FREEMAN

WEVE GOT HAWSTILES

Offline Nullen

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • Nullen has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 11:42:37 PM »
It's a relief to know that this isn't dead, and I'm really looking forward to playing this.

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 09:46:45 PM »
yeah....very interested in a release 8)

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • BIZ hides in shadows.