Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Update #18 bug thread  (Read 3458 times)

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • +0% chance to make useful post
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
Update #18 bug thread
« on: August 18, 2013, 05:28:20 PM »
Post bugs for SMMOD v18 in this thread please! If a bug is on a particular map, please tell us which map you are having trouble with. Screenshots are extra helpful.

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
Re: Update #18 bug thread
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 06:12:18 PM »
- I'm still getting viewmodel lag while in ironsights mode (toggle) on certain weapons. It is most noticeable on the pistol and 357 and smg1. some weapons like the shotgun and crossbow don't seem to be affected... Picture
(tested on a fresh install of SMMOD, latest version. Still happening in both Toggle and Hold Ironsight modes.)

- Switching weapons while in ironsight mode (toggle) causes ironsights to glitch and stay zoomed in. You can not deactivate ironsight mode until you switch back to the original weapon and toggle off.

- Ironsight mode is not disabled while reloading. This can cause some clipping issues or revealing missing faces with some models (shotgun, 357).

- SVD crosshair is backwards on the crossbow 3d scope lens. Picture
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 08:29:01 PM by BIZ »

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 01:48:39 PM »
Yeah I also tested it a bit out, some bugs are known I guess but I will post 'em anyways to make sure I dont miss anything:

-Cubemaps messed up in EP2
-Water texture shows as missing texture
-Alyx scenes etc. work but she dosent follow me after I got the Gravity gun. Crows dont fly away either.
-Kick texture messed up(?)
-Ironsight aviable even for non-"ironsightable" guns (Gravity Gun etc.)
-Not working chapter titles ingame(can be fixed easily)
-As BIZ said, some guns still have viewmodel lag in ironsight mode.
-Some missing textures

I also made some pics:

Offline sirmasters

• +5% chance to make useful post
  • sirmasters barely matters.sirmasters barely matters.
    • My Twitter (My Forums are inactive at the moment)
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 08:42:56 PM »
I am aware of all these problems, but the next fix/update might take a while (starting school within a week and taking a slight pause in development to relax). Plus, I have to get all the scenes to work without breaking the textures and vice versa (This is actually a mounting issue). The kick model is literally... without textures because I didn't put the textures into SMMOD (Just drag them from SMOD). The viewmodel lag issue is very confusing to me, I'm still trying to find the code causing the issue. The chapters titles can be added by anyone via https://github.com/sirmastercombat/SMMOD/issues, I'll approve of it (Other words, add your update to the mod and I'll add it offically) once you post a edit. I'm also apparently the one of the few working on this (Therefore... All the work is piled onto me. (T~T)), and I'm limited to what I can do alone.
._. I love coffee.

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 09:04:32 PM »
its all good man take your time. I will take care of some of these non-coding issues within a few days :)