Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: HL Extreme: Entrapment Campaign  (Read 3235 times)

Offline Troggy Hordesman

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • Troggy Hordesman has no influence.
HL Extreme: Entrapment Campaign
« on: December 26, 2013, 01:38:26 AM »
This is from the long (lost?) minimod (mod as in adding new maps, skins and minor rebalancing) to HL2 known as HL Extreme. It's quite lengthy and covers many interesting locales, such as combine bases, a quarantined city and near the end you can even spot Depot from the early hl2 storyline.

Original file (missing APC script) with music, will be available when Lenin is reanimated by communist necromancers and Soviet rules supreme:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/vtuu1ksfxm8fryt/HLE%20Entrapment.zip
New version without music, but with instructions on how to add your own + APC script.

All credits go to Jagged Edge, I am merely reuploading this for smod as I don't want to see this great campaign lost forever.

Bugs/Issues (list may contain spoilers):
-There is a sound file missing called "working", you just have to pick whatever song you'd like, put it in sound/music and name it working.mp3. You can pick any song as it's for a radio playing in a building.
-Generally very good performance but the first and the shopping mall map may have some issues.
-The narrow zombie road has a loud metallic noise. Reloading a save will remove this but also the music for some reason.
-The second map can be tedious to finish as it requires a lengthy physics puzzle. Just noclip past it if it gets on your nerves.

The campaign was never finished so it ends with a "to be continued", if you want to you can always throw in "prisonbreak" right afterwards as an ending.

I may upload the other campaign, "Combine Business" but it's not exactly balanced for my game (which makes enemies much harder) so I can't play through it to check for bugs and issues.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 05:08:16 PM by Troggy Hordesman »
My behind is behind me, always watching.

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
Re: HL Extreme: Entrapment Campaign
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 09:44:00 AM »
This is from the long (lost?) minimod (mod as in adding new maps, skins and minor rebalancing) to HL2 known as HL Extreme. It's quite lengthy and covers many interesting locales, such as combine bases, a quarantined city and near the end you can even spot Depot from the early hl2 storyline.

All credits go to Jagged Edge, I am merely reuploading this for smod as I don't want to see this great campaign lost forever.

Bugs (list may contain spoilers):
-There is a sound file missing called "working", you just have to pick whatever song you'd like, put it in sound/music and name it working.mp3. You can pick any song as it's for a radio playing in a building.
-Generally very good performance but the first and the shopping mall map may have some issues.
-The narrow zombie road has a loud metallic noise. Reloading a save will remove this but also the music for some reason.
-The second map can be tedious to finish as it requires a lengthy physics puzzle. Just noclip past it if it gets on your nerves.

The campaign was never finished so it ends with a "to be continued", if you want to you can always throw in "prisonbreak" right afterwards as an ending.

I may upload the other campaign, "Combine Business" but it's not exactly balanced for my game (which makes enemies much harder) so I can't play through it to check for bugs and issues.

If it's got maps, I may be able to use them in SMOD:AR.
To extend the campaign and stuff.

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 01:53:49 PM »
I'll definitely check it out, lots of rep. for you mate.
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline FreeKill

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 08:54:48 PM »
+rep

Offline No1Gamer

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • No1Gamer has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 10:54:59 AM »
can someone please reupload this? i cant access the file.  :'(

Offline Troggy Hordesman

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 03:58:11 PM »
Seems like it was taken down for copyright nonsense. Capitalist pigs!

I will see what I can do. I think I will need to change a few tunes, and see if I have a backup or will need to gather them again.

Offline Troggy Hordesman

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 05:11:15 PM »
Took less time than I had expected, even wrote a little novella in there on how to add your own music.

I also restored the APC script, sort of. I am unsure if the APC is rideable or not, it's not exactly necessary but this will hopefully prevent the odd crash caused by clicking "use" on a certain APC.

Offline No1Gamer

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • No1Gamer has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 01:19:03 AM »
thanks alot!  :D

Offline Nullen

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • Nullen has no influence.
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2015, 09:21:56 AM »
hle1_p1 crashes when I try to load it but the rest of the maps are fine, is anybody else having this problem?