Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Crytek now allows people to port content from their games  (Read 1647 times)

Offline minmi96

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.
    • www.titsassesanddicks.cum
Crytek now allows people to port content from their games
« on: January 13, 2014, 05:50:45 AM »
Today I found out that Crytek now allows people to port content from their games

http://gamebanana.com/wikis?page=porting_whitelist

Maybe we might get to see actual Crysis content in SMOD: Crylife. :D

(Sorry if I'm not posting in the right forum.)

Let's Get Some Pussy Tonight.

Offline FreeKill

• FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Crytek now allows people to port content from their games
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 06:16:00 AM »
Regarding this topic, there were some ports made to CSS of Crysis models.

http://css.gamebanana.com/skins/131269

It's got the Scar, Socom, and the FY71.

Offline Pepsifan04

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 10:21:40 AM »
Today I found out that Crytek now allows people to port content from their games

-_- nice timing Crytek (I just finished adding animations and fixing textures on weapons)
Anyway, I might do that since I have problem with models and textures being different quality
But If I'm going to do that, I'm gonna port the models myself, so don't expect crysis-like animations.

On the other hand, doing that would delay release for next few weeks/months so I'll have to debate that,
And the third thing is: Crylife is not port of Crysis to Source engine, sure there's a lot from crysis, but I want to merge HL2 and Crysis, not copy over crysis stuff ... :/
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline FreeKill

• FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 07:18:03 PM »

-_- nice timing Crytek (I just finished adding animations and fixing textures on weapons)
Anyway, I might do that since I have problem with models and textures being different quality
But If I'm going to do that, I'm gonna port the models myself, so don't expect crysis-like animations.

On the other hand, doing that would delay release for next few weeks/months so I'll have to debate that,
And the third thing is: Crylife is not port of Crysis to Source engine, sure there's a lot from crysis, but I want to merge HL2 and Crysis, not copy over crysis stuff ... :/

But this was confirmed 6 years ago. Look at OP's link.

Offline Pepsifan04

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 08:33:25 PM »
yes, but Crytek allowed porting of their stuff recently
DROP DATABASE bsnooch