Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

* CLIENTS SECTION RULES

This section is for CLIENTS (Full SMOD Releases) ONLY.
You may create a new topic in this area to release your SMOD Mod. If you post anything off-topic here you will be temp-banned. This is so you don't hassle the moderators too much, they are volunteers.

If you need help with a mod, post a reply in its thread. Do not start a new topic for help here!

Please use good taste when releasing your mod. Adding 30 custom weapons from the release archive into SMOD Redux and then releasing as your own mod will be frowned upon.  :(

Author Topic: SMOD Standalone 0.65  (Read 193043 times)

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
Re: SMOD Standalone 0.30
« Reply #150 on: June 03, 2014, 01:17:20 PM »
Okay, that only leaves one more problem, and then i'm good to go. All characters ingame, their lips don't move when they speak.

Wait....no....NO....NOT THIS

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

Don't worry, that's just the HDR messup, download OnemanShow's fixed SMOD40a and copy/paste the maps from there into the mod maps (it has the pre-2010 HDR updated maps) folder. And yeah looks like they kinda rename the .txt file. haven't palyed SMOD in a while so I didn't know. Glad to hear it works now tho.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 01:21:43 PM by Counter-Life™ »

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #151 on: June 03, 2014, 01:22:42 PM »
Okay, that only leaves one more problem, and then i'm good to go. All characters ingame, their lips don't move when they speak.

O_O

Why do I see some bridge struts on the left of the image?

Offline Silentdarkness12

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Silentdarkness12 has no influence.
« Reply #152 on: June 03, 2014, 02:01:36 PM »

Don't worry, that's just the HDR messup, download OnemanShow's fixed SMOD40a and copy/paste the maps from there into the mod maps (it has the pre-2010 HDR updated maps) folder. And yeah looks like they kinda rename the .txt file. haven't palyed SMOD in a while so I didn't know. Glad to hear it works now tho.

This is actually worse than before. I've tried to fix this problem before and couldn't. I can't find the link to the file you're talking about, also.

Again, no lip movements. What to do about that?

Offline Counter-Life™

• Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #153 on: June 03, 2014, 03:30:09 PM »

This is actually worse than before. I've tried to fix this problem before and couldn't. I can't find the link to the file you're talking about, also.

Again, no lip movements. What to do about that?

http://bsnooch.com/forums/index.php?topic=282.0

^ This includes the pre-2010 scene files as well, that should fix the lip-thingy.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 03:31:54 PM by Counter-Life™ »

Offline Silentdarkness12

« Reply #154 on: June 03, 2014, 05:22:40 PM »
Thank you again, the map problem is fixed. The lip problem is still there, however. Copying over the scene files didn't fix the problem. Also, Gman now has white squares over his eyes.

Offline Counter-Life™

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #155 on: June 03, 2014, 05:26:58 PM »
Thank you again, the map problem is fixed. The lip problem is still there, however. Copying over the scene files didn't fix the problem. Also, Gman now has white squares over his eyes.

hmm...well that's weird...I can't really think of a solution right now, I will think about it. Glad that the maps work now tho.

Offline Silentdarkness12

« Reply #156 on: June 03, 2014, 05:30:15 PM »

hmm...well that's weird...I can't really think of a solution right now, I will think about it. Glad that the maps work now tho.

You were referring to the files in hl2/scenes, right?

Offline PaiCrai

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • PaiCrai has no influence.
« Reply #157 on: June 03, 2014, 05:54:21 PM »
Can I just ask a quick question: Why is SMOD so broken to begin with?
smignature

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #158 on: June 03, 2014, 05:57:18 PM »
Can I just ask a quick question: Why is SMOD so broken to begin with?

valve dosent want us moding there gaem

Offline Counter-Life™

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #159 on: June 03, 2014, 05:58:49 PM »

Yes.

Offline Silentdarkness12

« Reply #160 on: June 03, 2014, 08:26:24 PM »

Yes.

AHA! I got it. It's not scenes that's missing. It's EXPRESSIONS. The expressions folder in HL2_misc_dir.

Offline Silentdarkness12

« Reply #161 on: June 03, 2014, 09:04:26 PM »
Okay, one more thing and i'll likely bugger off.

I'm trying to get V8 of Smod Redux to work on Standalone Smod, but I get the following engine error: "Extra App ID set to 220, but no SteamAppId."

smodredux folder is in the root, game shortcut is set to -game smodredux.

Offline TheGuy

• TheGuy has no influence.
« Reply #162 on: June 04, 2014, 12:05:46 AM »

I'm trying to get V8 of Smod Redux to work on Standalone Smod, but I get the following engine error: "Extra App ID set to 220, but no SteamAppId."

Did you try canceling out every line in addcontents.txt? Add a // at the start of every line in addcontents.txt.

Offline Silentdarkness12

« Reply #163 on: June 04, 2014, 12:06:21 PM »

Did you try canceling out every line in addcontents.txt? Add a // at the start of every line in addcontents.txt.

Upon doing that, I get a different error. "failed to load manifest file 'scripts/surfaceproperties_manifest.txt"

Offline PaiCrai

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • PaiCrai has no influence.
« Reply #164 on: June 04, 2014, 01:15:34 PM »
Contact a communist witchdoctor.
smignature